Pale Tree and Yahk mention Scarlet now.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

After the Soundless part, another dialogue option comes up where you can ask about Scarlet. So it turns out the Pale Tree being in her vision was real…

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

Neat! I’m going to take a look. Thanks for sharing.

in Living World

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Very nice catch.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

oo, nice catch indeed.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

It turns out you can ask Councilor Yahk about her too, after asking about him being one of the Inquest.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Neat finds! I’m going to see this for myself later.

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

We just need something for the TARDIS to lock onto. Anyone have a leaf or a piece of tuber, acquired from Scarlet during one of her daringly poofy raids? We could then get the full story behind this most vile and devious of villains.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Huh, looks like Anet finally acknowledged the flood of complaints about storytelling LS characters introductions, and tried to fix it up.
Thumbs up for doing it ingame, rather that in a random blog post. And thank you for listening to your playerbase.

One thing that’s been bugging me though, if Scarlet is such a big threat to Tyria (so much that everyone has forgotten about the dragons obvs), causing all sorts of invasions and engaging in bio-terrorism – why doesn’t the PaleTree speak up? Give us a quest or something? Why wouldn’t the rest of Scarlet’s teachers attempt to investigate her past and motives etc? The LS recipe so far it: she forms some unrealistic alliance, invades a random place, we fight her and beat her and she deus-ex-machina simply vanishes. More random terror looms on the horizon. Wouldn’t a logical step be to actively find out more about her and go and stop her once and for all? I think writers need to ask themselves about logical steps every time they create a new update.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

I checked with the smith, Beigarth, but he has no new dialogue about Scarlet. He just talks about the Tooth of Jormag hanging next him in Hoelbrak.

Someone should check the gladium Asagai from the Iron Legion. I would, but I don’t know where the NPC is.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

(edited by Finnway.2183)

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Interesting. Must check this out later. Nice to see some of Scarlet’s backstory actually appearing in-game, even if her backstory is still utterly unbelievable and ridiculous.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Good, these are steps in the right direction.
I’ll go run though these towns later tonight when I’m online to play.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Huh, looks like Anet finally acknowledged the flood of complaints about storytelling LS characters introductions, and tried to fix it up.
Thumbs up for doing it ingame, rather that in a random blog post. And thank you for listening to your playerbase.

I agree, I think this is more due to the complaints but I’m glad they did it, although I wish they did it earlier so Scarlet would actually fell like she had history instead of ‘poof!’ suddenly her she is.

I hope they do this in the future, its helps give the characters more depth.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Did I miss the destiny side of the sylvari culture? It never came across to me that sylvari have predestined lives, only guidance and suggestions. I am pretty sure there are at least two sylvari NPCs that mention they don’t have to do what their dream or wyld hunt tells them to do, and the entire existence of the Nightmare Court implies the sylvari are free from destiny.

Did I massively misunderstand the sylvari situation when it comes to destiny?

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I agree, I think this is more due to the complaints but I’m glad they did it, although I wish they did it earlier so Scarlet would actually fell like she had history instead of ‘poof!’ suddenly her she is.

I hope they do this in the future, its helps give the characters more depth.

Does anyone know how long that stuff was actually in the game? Or are we for sure it was this Living world patch? If so, ABOUT TIME ANET! If not,…heh heh heh……, Anet pulled a fast one on you, and no one noticed!

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Does anyone know how long that stuff was actually in the game? Or are we for sure it was this Living world patch? If so, ABOUT TIME ANET! If not,…heh heh heh……, Anet pulled a fast one on you, and no one noticed!

The mentions were not there before last patch, I believe.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Did I miss the destiny side of the sylvari culture? It never came across to me that sylvari have predestined lives, only guidance and suggestions. I am pretty sure there are at least two sylvari NPCs that mention they don’t have to do what their dream or wyld hunt tells them to do, and the entire existence of the Nightmare Court implies the sylvari are free from destiny.

Did I massively misunderstand the sylvari situation when it comes to destiny?

Not all Sylvari are called to a Wyld Hunt, but almost all of them will feel the call at some point in their lives. It’s usually linked to some powerful imagery or vision that the individual saw during their time in the Dream. Sylvari don’t HAVE to follow their Wyld Hunt, but they describe it as a nearly irresistible compulsion.

Sylvari who join the Nightmare Court usually do so because they feel as Caedyrn or Faolain did; that pain and suffering is enjoyable, even admirable, and that the Sylvari should not be shackled by Ventari’s Tablet in being told not to pursue such a path. Whether or not Nightmare Courtiers feel as they do because they were influenced by the actions of previous Courtiers during the Dream is as yet unknown.

Presumably Sylvari who want to reject the Dream and their Wyld Hunt altogether become Soundless, implying that, no matter what destiny had in mind for a particular Sylvari, they do ultimately have free will to reject it as they so choose.

Also, it has to be said; Scarlet’s actions (and the Pale Tree’s dialogue about her) are obvious proof that a Sylvari can reject their destiny and choose their own path.

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Nice, good find

in Living World

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

Pale Tree mentioning a Scarlet trying to escape from a destiny by namechange…
Something crazed her mind before she lost it I’d say…
I hope we are able to see both the details behind her Dream, and her asuran engineered vision in the future. But I doubt we’ve seen the last of her for months to come!