Pet Seed?

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

What am I supposed to do with this? I got the 3 other components ready for the next backpiece but this pet seed doesnt rly give any clue how to proceed.

It cannot be planted in the Chaos Infused Pot nor can it be combined with any other items, and if you double click the Pet Seed, it points to fractals.

/clueless

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Some of the steps require combination in the mystic forge, maybe this one does too? (I am not quite to that step yet; when I get there, I’ll post anything I figure out, if no one else does first.

Or, wait for Dulfy.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

The Pet seed doesnt go into the forge unfortunately

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

item seems to be bugged, they replaced the cultivated seed with this item, that uses ascended items, not the LS items.
It appears that the patched replaced the item with the next item step

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Average Momo.8153

Average Momo.8153

Same problem here. Made about any item I could make in the Mystic Forge so far, but the Pet Seed seems to be useless; also no clue as to how to make the Mists Infused Clay Pot that the Pet Seed’s description hints at. My Cultivated Seed seems to have vanished into thin air.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Hello everyone! If your seed has been mysteriously replaced with an alternate version, there is a discussion happening over in the bug forum where we’re looking for additional information. If you’ve run into this issue, please take a moment to jump over there and let us know!

ArenaNet QA Team

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

my cultivated seed has also become a pet seed.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I have instead pet seedling, after combining cultivated seed with mists infused clay pot… it keeps showing me to go to mount maelstrom, but when i get there nothing happens :/

i am lost

i have a feeling i made wrong pot but now i don’t have cultivated seed to combine it with another pot

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Got my pot and posted over in bug forum regarding my now Pet Seed. Will wait until it is fixed before proceeding. I have to make more Meaty Plant food anyway and work on getting the exotic luck so will be working on that while they work on their end to fix this.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: druidknight.8413

druidknight.8413

Same thing with me, trying to plant seed in chaos pot but it says i dont have that item. low and behold my cultivated seed is now a pet seed

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Xanzo.7421

Xanzo.7421

I too am having the same issue. I created my backpiece a day before the patch and now have a pet seed instead of a cultivated one =( lets hope they fix the issue soon

Little Quavers

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I have instead pet seedling, after combining cultivated seed with mists infused clay pot… it keeps showing me to go to mount maelstrom, but when i get there nothing happens :/

i am lost

i have a feeling i made wrong pot but now i don’t have cultivated seed to combine it with another pot

How did you make the mist infused pot?

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Lethe.1640

Lethe.1640

i am lost

How did you make the mist infused pot?

You can buy the item required to make the mist infused clay pot in the FotM lobby for pristine mist relics — 5 of them, I think.

I figured it was working as intended but that’s for the pet seed, not the cultivated seed — and it looks like errabody’s cultivated seeds were magically transformed.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

What is the pet seed for exactly?

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Aparently, its the 1st step towards the 3rd backpiece (Ascended one). Sadly, don’t seens like we can make ascended one without have previously made 2nd exotic.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Aparently, its the 1st step towards the 3rd backpiece (Ascended one). Sadly, don’t seens like we can make ascended one without have previously made 2nd exotic.

I thought the Cultivated Seed was for the Ascended backpiece (Mawdrey), while the Pet Seed will be made for the bloodstone dust eating plant (Mawdrey II).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

I thought the Cultivated Seed was for the Ascended backpiece (Mawdrey), while the Pet Seed will be made for the bloodstone dust eating plant (Mawdrey II).

Cultivated Seed is used to create the Cultivated Vine – the exotic backpiece.

Pet Seed (which turns into Pet Seedling) is used to make both Mawdrey and Mawdrey II.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

well i am stuck with ascended pet seedling w/o completing the exotic one… i also can’t make exotic one as i don’t have the necessary items (seedling etc. ) and the centaururs guy that suppose to sell it doesn’t offer anything for sale… what now :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

well i am stuck with ascended pet seedling w/o completing the exotic one… i also can’t make exotic one as i don’t have the necessary items (seedling etc. ) and the centaururs guy that suppose to sell it doesn’t offer anything for sale… what now :/

Just enjoy the rest of the content. Anet will come up with a solution.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Let’s just hope it doesn’t take 4 weeks, like it did with the tickets. Also, the longer this takes, the harder it will be for anet to fix it.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Shadowmoon.7986

Let’s just hope it doesn’t take 4 weeks, like it did with the tickets. Also, the longer this takes, the harder it will be for anet to fix it.

It doesn’t matter, once the patch hit it replaced everyone’s items. It is not going to get any worse. IMO mail out the right seed to everyone so we can go ahead and start working on the new backpiece. If people get to skip the first step, who cares, Anet messed up and they benefited from it. Just like the Season 2 tickets.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Same thing happened to my cultivated seed. Crafted about a week ago and had my seed in the bank awaiting the next update. Pretty disappointed that I have to wait even longer after trying to get ahead of the game….

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

It doesn’t matter, once the patch hit it replaced everyone’s items. It is not going to get any worse. IMO mail out the right seed to everyone so we can go ahead and start working on the new backpiece. If people get to skip the first step, who cares, Anet messed up and they benefited from it. Just like the Season 2 tickets.

What about people who have finished the second backpiece, and legitimately got a pet seed. How does anet screen those out, to make sure they don’t get screwed? I know of at least one person who still had a cultivated seed, and they claimed they finished it before the patch.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

If you still have a pet seed you can go to Azarr Softhoof in the oasis (next to the plants that the skritt are watering) and exchange for a cultivated seed. Note that if you accidentally planted the pet seed into a mists pot, the resulting seedling is NOT exchangeable for a cultivated seed.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I used the pet seed to make the seedling using a mist infused clay pot and now I dont have a pet seed to trade back for the other to the second step of the exoctic backpack.

Anyway to fix that?

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Shadowmoon.7986

What a FAIL OF A FIX. Thanks Anet who leaving those of us who already planted the bad seed out in the cold.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: WingsofAsgard.9201

WingsofAsgard.9201

So I have to ask why the solution to this pet seed issue was to have it tradable to a NPC to get the cultivated plant seed. Would not a better solution to the issue have been to check if the player had the Mysterious Vine back piece in their inventory and offer the cultivated seed to the player at no cost. This would alleviate the issue of those that turned their pet seed into a pet seedling having not realized it was the third stage of the back piece. Overall it’s a better solution to the pet seed issue.

Props though for helping out the players that still had their pet seed.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

As a friend has told me on another topic, now we are able to at least finish the ascended backpiece if we had make the pet seedling.

Before you stucked at mount maelstrom part, but now you can keep forward

Already got mine, only coming here to advise you guys to keep your journey too.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

As a friend has told me on another topic, now we are able to at least finish the ascended backpiece if we had make the pet seedling.

That is not true.
I have the seedling, created with the pet seed that was buged, and can’t activate anything there.

Still waiting for a fix. Hope I dont have to get another clay pot.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

That is not true.
I have the seedling, created with the pet seed that was buged, and can’t activate anything there.

Still waiting for a fix. Hope I dont have to get another clay pot.

You probably did’nt go to the right place. Get this guide if you need it:
http://dulfy.net/2014/08/13/gw2-mawdrey-ascended-backpiece-and-pet-crafting-guide/

After get the plant seedling, all you need to do is enter in the secret garden, and interact with one of the elemental sources to get the nest item step. And then, a lot more forward to do. But it is obtainable.

As I said, I already got mine, and I was in the exact same boat as you guys. But yes,a fix is also welcome, since I couldn’t grab the 2nd tier backpiece.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

@Mauricio: Here’s my situation i can’t fix. I did 100% what dulfy said to do. Except a friend told me ‘omg i hate this so much, pet seedling is epic fail bug, i urge you to trade it for cultivated see or you gonna be very mad, do it now friend’. I did do that. I can’t trade it back. Result? Dulfy guide NEEDS PET SEED. PET SEED DOENST EXIST FOR ME. I can’t go forward. This is so lame. How the hell did you complete it with either bugged pet seed or no pet seed? Seems impossible to me tbh.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Pet Seed?

in Living World

Becka Williams.4978

You make the exotic version, and you get the pet seed. Done and done.