Please Keep Living World monthly

in Living World

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

This thread is to remind developers that there were many people unhappy with how often Living World was being updated (usually bi-weekly), for numerous reasons like:

>People barely had the time to finish the meta achievement
>Most of the time used playing GW2 had to be dedicated to Living World if you didn’t want to miss content, making impossible to actually play other aspects of the game
>For the reasons above, not only it felt like a chore for many people, but also it ‘trapped’ us into having to play because the content is temporary even in days when we didn’t feel like playing. Living world being too frequently forced us to play GW2 more than if it was an MMO with a monthly sub.

For those reasons, and whatever other reasons people have, we’d like to ask that LW is kept on a monthly update only basis. Also, it is important that we always know exactly when the current LW will end and that we are no longer kept in the dark, so we can plan to play it accordingly.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Considering LS content will be permanent now, I hope that it retains it’s bi-weekly release cadence.

I didn’t really have issues with completing the LS content before, though. I seem to remember just as many threads/posts about how fast the content was finished (2-4 days).

in Living World

Revler.2359

>Considering LS content will be permanent now

You mean I can wait 5 years to do the meta achievement and get the reward, and talk to all npcs related to it?

Source?

in Living World

Revler.2359

It would be nice if they kept all Achievements for a Living Story season (the whole year) active, instead of removing them to add a new one. Then you’d have plenty of time to do them.

Would be a perfect compromise in my opinion. Not even a compromise, just don’t delete the stuff

in Living World

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Permanent is much better than monthly!!

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know about Achievements, but the content is reportedly permanent.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Start-July-1st/first#post4068257

in Living World

Revler.2359

I don’t know about Achievements, but the content is reportedly permanent.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Start-July-1st/first#post4068257

Wow I wasn’t aware of this. This is a huge step in the right direction. I hope by “content” they don’t just mean the skins and what not, but actually doing the achievements.

They were wasting too many resources on temporary content, not a good move for an MMO in my opinion. Now I’m curious to see how will it be handled this time

in Living World

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

>Considering LS content will be permanent now

You mean I can wait 5 years to do the meta achievement and get the reward, and talk to all npcs related to it?

Source?

The zones, fights, and other such stuff will be permanent. I doubt the achievements themselves will be permanent.

in Living World

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

The story, I want the story to be permanent.
I’m still bothered for having missed entire chunck of the story. Those moments of “What the hell happened here?” or “Who are all those people and why they know me?”.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was just talking about this in another thread, specifically the fact that I got burned out on the Living Story in July and August last year, I felt like I was rushing just to keep up and not really enjoying any of it. And feeling like I’d never get time for the permanent stuff I still wanted to do.

IMO it got a lot better after that though, both September and October had 50% permanent content and after that the temporary stuff was a lot less demanding.

I think the Living Story was something of a learning process for Anet, and hopefully they’ve gotten the balance right going forward. Even if it’s permanent if there’s too much of it the game could still feel overwhelming.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Revler.2359

I was just talking about this in another thread, specifically the fact that I got burned out on the Living Story in July and August last year

Me too, I was actually stressed from it, because when I had free time I had no option but to make sure I got the meta and the rewards, and also saw the story

in Living World

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Once a month sounds just about right.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

MOSTLY permanent, they said.

I do think that a Monthly release schedule would be much better than bi-weekly though.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Monthly is so boring. I usually get the meta achievement done in the first night after the release and I’m bored with the content after a week at the most. Fortnightly suited me perfectly as it kept me involved in the game. Monthly, back at the start of S1 was so very very boring I quit playing for about 9 months.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

2 days – it’s the average time for me to finish meta achivements for any living world update.

I like updates every 2 weeks more than updates every month the same way as I’d like updates every day more than updates every 2 days or updates every 15 minutes more than updates every 30 minutes. Ofcourse it’s not gonna happend and I believe that devs will do their best to give us high quality content within the shortest possible intervals.

Also I love Living World, so don’t stahp plz, k?