Please be consistent with patch times

in Living World

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Essentially this patch dropped a day early and shut off a lot of content for anyone completing it at the last minute. Given how all previous temp content has been available until the end of the day of the patch to suddenly switch it to the beginning of the day has messed up a lot of people. Choose one or the other, stick to it and make it clear please. Especially when it comes to content and rewards that will never be available again. Feeling very shortchanged.

in Living World

Posted by: Courageous Mithos.8745

Courageous Mithos.8745

I completely agree. I wanted to finish my last few achievements today, but we got a 6 hours maintenance with the update straight after. And since it’s all temporary content, I can say goodbye to it.

This comes together with another remark I already made before. The content is available pretty short and I feel rushed to complete it as soon as possible. Especially during the summer, when a lot of players are on holiday, two weeks for an event is really short.

I like it that there is new content every 2 weeks, but at least keep them there for a month orso.

in Living World

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I live in the US on the Pacific Coast (PST) and play on Fort Aspenwood which is heavily populated with those from the East Coast (EST).

From around 11 PM-4AM the server is pretty dead. There are some Aussies, New Zealand ers, and some West Coasties but the server is pretty much dead. I can’t speak for other servers (or EU either) but the time of the patch was near the start of this extremely low pop time. People sleep for work, school, kids, and so on.

Considering this particular parch required everything to be shut down for 6 hours this window seemed to be the most ideal. I realize for other players this may have been their afternoon or prime time evening but in the US it caused less of an effect then and that’s where the majority of the player base resides.

Smaller patch times do seem inconsistent though and I see frustration with that myself. Is it before daily reset? After? In the middle of the night? I’ve seen patches at all these times But because they usually just kick me and require a 3 minute download it’s tollerated. Even so they should choose a consistent time to update like right after daily reset.

(edited by Uvatha.5476)

in Living World

Webba.3071

Its not about what time of the day they do their 6 hour update. As long as they are consistent and make sure everyone knows exactly when what content will be available. The time of the patch, while inconvenient, is a separate issue to the fact that after it there was a lot of stuff we couldn’t do anymore despite it still being the 6th for many more hours.

in Living World

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

It wasn’t actually a day early, it was updated on the very day it would have been, just some hours earlier. But I guess it depends on what part of the world you’re in. I’m in the UK so for me, it was the same day it always is.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Living World

Webba.3071

The 6 hour patch started at midnight on the end of the 5th, server time. At no point on the 6th was the old content playable. Compared to previous patches, which have always occurred at the end of the day referenced this was 24 hours earlier than precedence would lead people to expect. 24 hours is a day.