Please, no ''serialized'' raid anymore...

in Living World

Posted by: EvaGolden.1730

EvaGolden.1730

I do like the Living Story but, please, when things are really relevant to the evolving story, don’t make it a ‘’forced raid’‘. Like last time, the whole ’’having to destroy the three golems simultaneously’’ raid mission in order to enter the instance… Well, whenever I was on my server would rather aim at achievement (like killing one golem in, I think it was 5 minutes? (which they failed to do anyway)) than actually trying to destroy the three golems. So I never actually got to fight Scarlet and experience things first-hand!

That didn’t bother me that much when I thought the Living Story was just a thing on the side, dealing with ‘’the threat of Scarlet’‘, but now she woke up a dragon, and I’ve heard that the fight against the 5 other dragons might end up being Living Story, too, not expansions or at the very least Story Mode updates… Which is already bad enought; very important story stuff shouldn’t be temporary! But, please, at the very least, don’t make it Raid stuff so that individuals who are interested in experiencing it can do so without depending on a server who care more about loot and achievements than helping out those individuals. You can, and should, still make raid stuff, sure, but, please, make it ‘’on the side’’, so people who want to do raid stuff for loot and achievements can do so, and people who want to experience the story can do so as well, without any interference on each other.

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

sadly thats what guildwars 2 is all about, temporary content to keep the current players amused. Major flaw to this idea but thats seems to be the road anets sticking with.

#ELEtism

in Living World

Posted by: EvaGolden.1730

EvaGolden.1730

sadly thats what guildwars 2 is all about, temporary content to keep the current players amused. Major flaw to this idea but thats seems to be the road anets sticking with.

I’ve noticed. And like I said, while that does suck, at the bare minimum, ANet, please make it so that the important lore and story stuff aren’t raid-dependant, so that everyone can enjoy it at least once during the month in which the Living Story stuff is happening. I’m not saying to not continue to do Raid stuff, they ARE awesome of course, just stop making them mandatory to continue in the story. That’s the minimum I’m asking here.

Of course, the best thing would be for an expansion or an update on the Personal Story, just so that at least the fight against the dragons can be enjoyed by all, even new players or those who create new characters. But, the paragraph above, that’s the minimum I’m asking of ANet…

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Have there actually been any major lore and story stuff hidden behind “raid content” though?

The vast majority (if not all) of the lore in the last Scarlet release came from the solo-instance after the hologram. Which could be accessed without ever fighting the Knights and Hologram.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Bauli.5398

Bauli.5398

You know, there were a portal that you could use to get to Scarlet without fighting the knights or holograms. Near the gate in the tenguwall. You could do the story without raid.

in Living World

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Personally I liked the raid on those boss’s It was fun, What was not fun was doing it with pugs on overflow map. while the option for that should be there it would of been nice to organize for it more with a gaint group of guildies.

-Ironcurtain

in Living World

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

You could’ve guested to a server that regularly completed the events. Before I transferred, my very first server never even completed Tequatl or the wurms or any of the major PvE events. I always guested to complete them.

Incursiön [iN]

in Living World

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I usually guested to Desolation for the golems. Even their overflows were able to tackle the golems.

I’ve since moved to Gandara and there’s a mega boss guild that regularly does Teq and Wurm. Totally awesome times

in Living World

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

You didn’t have to kill all of the golems at the same time. They all just had to die.

in Living World

Posted by: Forsakendusk.1694

Forsakendusk.1694

If you had problems killing the knights on one server, you should have guested to a more populated server. I almost never completed the event on my home server.

I somewhat agree and disagree. I dislike the fact that a giant group of people need to cooperate in order to defeat things. The unfortunate part is that it is very hard in some cases to plan an assault, since some people don’t speak your language, or they just don’t read chat/listen. The skill of a person is also different. In almost every single knight battle, I saw people being pulled into the knight and killed, when world chat was spamming “dodge when the knight jumps.” Some people are just morons (no offense). So, when you’re trying to complete an event (a hard event at that) with so many people that haven’t a clue what they’re doing, you’re screwed. If they do continue raid battles, they should at least make them ‘easier’ (which can be debated by the few who macho players who lie and say “psh, that was easy”) in order to accommodate the ‘skill’ level of those playing (when I say skill, I mean, the ability to dodge, take orders, know their character skills, etc.).

What I did like about them was the teamwork. Setting aside those AFK few who huddled near the door during the Scarlet battles and the morons scratching their butts at the sidelines (or calling for a res…), it was decently rewarding when all the knights went down, or more importantly, when you finally defeated Scarlet. The rewarding part was afterwards, the congratulatory ‘way to go’s and the ‘good jobs’. You’ve just been through 30 minutes of hell with 20 or so people who are competent players. Defeating mobs outside of the event with a group also helped gain more materials. I’m pretty sure I made nearly 50G (not a whole lot, ik) from drops alone in the week and a bit I played during the last Living World.

«Ñiymeria» {Norn Engineer}
Server:• Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Forsakendusk.1694)

in Living World

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

+1 for you Forsaken, you said exactly what I wanted to perfectly.

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I’m in two minds about that one. I loved Marionette event even I usually failed but Watchknights were definitely not a best of possible ideas. Mechanics were very innovative but time-frame was too short.

in Living World

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Anet hates berserker gear yet makes the fights time based, meaning if you ain’t zerker, you ain’t killing it fast enough. Sort of a weird implementation if you asked me. I woulda made it so half pvt and half condition peeps could complete it in time.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Anet hates berserker gear yet makes the fights time based, meaning if you ain’t zerker, you ain’t killing it fast enough. Sort of a weird implementation if you asked me. I woulda made it so half pvt and half condition peeps could complete it in time.

If you are dead you won’t kill stuff fast enough either

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square