Possessed Statue...

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

…is literally the worst thing you have ever put in the Living Story, season 1 included, besides Liadri. It literally took me 25 minutes to kill it, and I did not die once, and I always killed all the menders…if I knew it was like that I would’ve found a group of people to do it with.

Next time, put a warning label on it ‘’this content should be attended with a group of people’’ or something like that

not.fun.at.all. way.too.long

Are you Shpongled?

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

What’s so hard about it? Kill the menders and dps the statue when RYTLOCK TELLS YOU…

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

sorry but i thought this was an amazing fight, it actually required you to think and understand.

I also LOVED the fact they used something that has been in the game since day one and made it have a purpose, so many times i’ve been to that statue and wondered why it seemed part of something, yet i never got to see what it was a part of.

EDIT: why didnt you just quit the instance then, find a group, then do it? why instead did you go through it all then complain afterwards…. especially when you would have had NO problem finding a party…. the quest up to that point is about 2 minutes in length if you skip the chat :/

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Killed it in less than 5 minutes. Not too easy, and not too difficult. (also using a bundle consumable really helped a lot)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

…is literally the worst thing you have ever put in the Living Story, season 1 included, besides Liadri. It literally took me 25 minutes to kill it, and I did not die once, and I always killed all the menders…if I knew it was like that I would’ve found a group of people to do it with.

Next time, put a warning label on it ‘’this content should be attended with a group of people’’ or something like that

You are way.too.bad.

Get out of your Clerics/Nomads comfort zone and try to learn the encounter (not that there’s much to learn). You barely had to dodge at all, you were able to simply kite the spectral flames which real name I forgot und the ascalonian menders were slow as hell, not to mention the obvious tells and the nice, orange-red aoe-indicator which basically screams “press V now!”

Seeing that you have so much problems with such an encounter, may I ask you which class you play with what kind of build? We might be able to give you useful tips so that you can improve your gameplay.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

All I had to do was change to a few crowd control skills and it only took me 10 mins max. Block the arch, dodge the phantom fire, and you’re good.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I can’t really say much about the 25 minutes you needed, since I can use Frost Bow and FGS – so I understand I have a huge advantage and can be much faster than others who don’t have access to those skills (each try for the achievements took me about 5-10 minutes, and that was using my condition build that is far from optimal).

Apart from that I don’t know which class/build/weapon set you were using. So I really can’t give any advice on how to make it faster through the fight… I only know, that a party is not a requirement.

However, regarding the difficulty and the mechanic I have to say: This fight was fun. It requires more than afking and pressing 1, and I’m very glad they start adding those things to the game (like Liadri, loved that fight).

Reading through your thread/post history though I can see that challanges are not your cup of tea… And that’s totally fine. But that doesn’t make this fight “literally the worst thing ANet has ever put in the Living Story”, at least not for all of us. As your own opinion this might be valid, but there are also many people out there who enjoy fights like this one.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

You are way.too.bad.

Get out of your Clerics/Nomads comfort zone and try to learn the encounter (not that there’s much to learn). You barely had to dodge at all, you were able to simply kite the spectral flames which real name I forgot und the ascalonian menders were slow as hell, not to mention the obvious tells and the nice, orange-red aoe-indicator which basically screams “press V now!”

Seeing that you have so much problems with such an encounter, may I ask you which class you play with what kind of build? We might be able to give you useful tips so that you can improve your gameplay.

Shrug. You’re just a bad player.

Nothing about this takes 25 minutes. For the record, I’ve not been a living story fan in the past. They’ve made big steps in the right direction though. This is a fun fight with some mechanics and attacks to mind.

It’s not difficult but does require you to pay attention to attacks and enemies. It’s very easy to solo. You mind Rytlock’s instructions, evade attacks, and put out damage on the statue. Also mind mender pathing and hop back to CC and burn them down. If you need the mender achievement, you let them buff him and continue as normal.

It’s actually engaging and interesting. An absolute lolmode quest with a group though. You’re just a bad player. They’ve made some great content here.

I was using a full rabid gear exo+ascended rabid spec condi necro. And I never said it was hard, I didn’t have to restart once, it’s just too long and tedious. Took me 25 minutes.

And I never said It’s bad content, I think it’s great content. The mechanics and design of the fight was terrible, however, as I’ve already said, takes too long, boss has too much hp, too many things you gotta keep doing for too long for a solo thing. But It sure was visually pretty with an interesting story

There’s no good and bad players in this game.
There’s just zerkers and not zerkers.

I am a not zerker.

Are you Shpongled?

(edited by Shpongle.6025)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

So in another thread we told you to change your build to something a little more offensive. You still refuse to listen and keep on whining?

Adapt.

PS: I killed it with my ranger, equipped with a shortbow and no ascended gear, in less than 10min.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

You are way.too.bad.

Nothing about this takes 25 minutes. For the record, I’ve not been a living story fan in the past. They’ve made big steps in the right direction though. This is a fun fight with some mechanics and attacks to mind.

It’s not difficult but does require you to pay attention to attacks and enemies. It’s very easy to solo. You mind Rytlock’s instructions, evade attacks, and put out damage on the statue. Also mind mender pathing and hop back to CC and burn them down. If you need the mender achievement, you let them buff him and continue as normal.

It’s actually engaging and interesting. An absolute lolmode quest with a group though. You’re just a bad player. They’ve made some great content here.

I was using a full rabid gear exo+ascended rabid spec condi necro. And I never said it was hard, I didn’t have to restart once, it’s just too long and tedious. Took me 25 minutes.

I am a not zerker.

Tip for necros (even non zerkers – im also in Rabid). Use the Flesh Golem and trigger its charge against the statue every time its off cooldown. It takes a big chunk of health every time. Dont worry about focusing the other ghosts down (except the mender). Your marks and other aoes, along with the NPCs, will be enough to keep them under control. Your only jobs (except staying alive) are to dps the statue and the mender. Its also important to keep chill off of you as much as possible to help stay away from the immune explody balls of light.

Finally, a suggestion – trait into Chilling Darkness. The chills on blinds make dealing with the mender almost trivial.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

This has to be a joke or troll thread.

I refuse to believe the player base can be this bad at level 80.

You are way.too.bad.

And I never said It’s bad content, I think it’s great content.

“is literally the worst thing you have ever put in the Living Story, season 1 included, besides Liadri.”

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn’t belong.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well. i use a balanced build and it took me roughly about 15 Minutes
5 Minutes till I understood all the mechanics (the phantom fire never attacked me earlier, so i got knocked down and was unable to hold of a mender one time, which resettet my progress)
And the last 10 Minutes to switch between statue and mender while doing my little “don`t hit me dance” avoiding the big yellow circles yawn .

To be honest, the most annoying thing was the freezing effect, which extended my cooldown.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

As a Guardian I had him down quite quickly by just looking at what was happening, especially since the approaching menders were marked with a crossed swords symbol over their head. And no, I’m not omgfullzerkmaxdpsgogogo spec. :P

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Rytlock and the other NPC’s took the statue down, my thief kept the menders away with much help from good ol’ Rox.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I am average at best, mez and ranger had no problem once I understood the mechanics. I do wonder on some of my other classes that don’t have great ranged damage…. Still might be ok, but I will need to do it differently.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Once I figured out it wasn’t too bad of a fight. During the “burn” phases the statue’s health actually went down fairly quickly. As a Necro I just kept fearing/chilling the Menders back into the hallway from which they came. For the exploding balls I learned to just purposely go right at them and dodge roll into them. They blow up and I take no damage.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I also LOVED the fact they used something that has been in the game since day one and made it have a purpose, so many times i’ve been to that statue and wondered why it seemed part of something, yet i never got to see what it was a part of.

I’m guessing you never rolled a charr character – it’s part of their “tutorial”/intro instance. Which was another thing that made it poignant for some – basically going back to where you began and trying not to lose so many soldiers this time.

I didn’t have a problem with it difficulty-wise, although I did screw up on the spectral flames a couple times and had to get ressed by Rox (only went downed, though, not defeated). Was running a zerker sword/warhorn ranger that I normally use for dungeons… which did make it unnecessarily difficult to stay out of AoEs, but they weren’t bad enough to stop me. It did take a while but wasn’t one of the fights that ended up frustrating me – the crazy sylvari at the end of S2E1 (I forget his name) was much more annoying. Menders were easy to stop, so past that everything was progress, however slow it may have been.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Awesome fight. I don’t remember if it can be critical-ed. If it can’t, just swap to soldiers or berserkers and DPS the statue. Not a hard fight by any means, and the mechanics kept it interesting.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

25 minutes? I let one mender buff the thing since I didn’t know they become invulneable when they get close enough, getting it healed and invulnerable, and still took me less than 5 mins. Soldier stats and all.

I guess FGS#4 sped up things a bit, but still 25mins is way too much.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Kotone.6597

Kotone.6597

As a condimancer, I did the whole thing from 5-10 mins even on the first try…condi will hurt the statue…all you need to do is keep an eye on the flames…

Not sure where is the 25 mins solo fight comes from…

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Kotone.6597

Kotone.6597

Oh, I just found you were the one who complain couldn’t do on the swift wings achievement by using healing ranger while every other people told you that achievement is very doable/soloable.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

sorry but i thought this was an amazing fight, it actually required you to think and understand.

Better than some “just kill” fights – yes? Still very easy tho.

I think they have missed a lot of opportunities there. We have 2 random ghosts possess a statue… Why random? Why not some important ones. Ones we could have some conversation with. Telling us about some interesting lore stuff. Then in the fight we get repetitive mechanics. Adding couple of stages of fight would improve it a lot.

This was the best part of this, sadly, worst LS2 episode, but still far from great.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

was a bit sad that the statue is just re-used from the charr tutorial. Sadly it was equally easy to defeat it… only real difference was that ya gotta kill the healers and attack it while its shield is down…really nothing special :\

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

The fight took me quite a while too because I didn’t realize he mended it all the way back to 100% so let a few through. As a solo mesmer, it took me about 15 minutes, the orbs got me once or twice. It was actually a kind of fun battle. Wish the loot had been a little more impressive though. Not really into the whole farming and crafting a backpack thing.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Wait, wait… OP hated Liadri and hated this fight?

What fights do you like??

This one was easy to understand after you see the first mender hit the statue and the additional achieves are hard enough to take a couple tries but not so hard that you waste all night and get nothing. It is a really good balance actually. Not to mention the statue is really cool looking.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I liked this fight (and most of the LS S2 fights) a lot more than the original personal story ones. Those were mostly stand in 1 spot and DPS them quicker than they DPS you. Having to actually actively play is nice. Bringing more than just DPS boosting skills in 6-9 adds more depth imo. I find myself bringing cleanses and stun breakers.

And I think what’s nice about them also is that they are all completely soloable, but for those that are struggling, they are a lot easier with a couple people, so it allows for some skilled play if you want to solo but still available with a group to those who may not be as good.

For me, these fights are heading absolutely in the right direction.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I was using a full rabid gear exo+ascended rabid spec condi necro.

This is where your problem is. Condi Necros are great in SPvP and WvW, but not so much against bosses.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

This is where your problem is. Condi Necros are great in SPvP and WvW, but not so much against bosses.

Actually, Condi is AMAZING against this boss, since he is immune to crits and takes full duration of all conditions.

The problem is OP not wanting to learn the fight. Necros are masters of soft-cc and should be able to breeze this fight very easily by crippling menders while condis melt the statue.

Has OP tried using Fear on the menders?

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Actually, Condi is AMAZING against this boss, since he is immune to crits and takes full duration of all conditions.

The problem is OP not wanting to learn the fight. Necros are masters of soft-cc and should be able to breeze this fight very easily by crippling menders while condis melt the statue.

Ah, I had no idea that this was a Learn to Play issue. I assumed the statue was like the Shatterer or other World Boss, where condi damage is laughable. It’s good to know that condi is still viable in PvE.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ah, I had no idea that this was a Learn to Play issue. I assumed the statue was like the Shatterer or other World Boss, where condi damage is laughable. It’s good to know that condi is still viable in PvE.

Condis are viable in solo play, not in group play.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

This fight was terrific. Some time was added to my encounter because I jogged around the Fear Wards. Only by accident did I realize they can be attacked and destroyed almost instantly.

I would’ve liked for it to be a tad more difficult, but that’s probably what they’ll aim for in future episodes. Acclimation.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

full ascended cleric staff elem, some knight and just switched my sentinel trinkets to soldier.. i use auto target so fiery rush has never done a thing for me.. pretty sure i had my mistfire equipped anyway.. fight started out ok, didn’t notice the menders.. looked at the buff, 8 minutes.. i was like whaaut, something must have debuffed it though.. started trying to manage between menders and statue.. it’s funny how a class with 4 cc skills —--s at it.. when i tried gust it said immune, i couldn’t kill half the menders.. didn’t realize there was so much chill in the fight, i usually cleanse.. anytime i needed a skill i was on recast while futily trying to do.. Anything effectively.. after awhile i was just sick of it, healed up and stopped dodging.. eventually beat the fight on auto-pilot z_z i do however refrain from calling it a poor fight because it did have ok mechanics.. i didn’t have trouble with the liadri fight, i don’t find it a gauge of skill or particularly interesting.. the past 2 living story installments were good despite a few flaws.. as for the opening post, just make a broken character and beat it in 10 mins. . . .

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I agree with the first post. Something like this doesn’t belong in the storyline as it is. But then again that doesn’t surprise me with this game.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

What’s so hard about it? Kill the menders and dps the statue when RYTLOCK TELLS YOU…

I don’t recall him ever telling me when to.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

This fight literally took me 3 minutes I honestly don’t know where the trouble is…

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“Kill the Mender before he reaches the statue!”
“kitten, we need to charge Sohotin! We need to kill some ghosts to charge it up!”

If you play without sound and (NPC) chat deactivated it’s your fault, but it is there – I’ve seen it with all my characters I played through the LS.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Celestina.2894

He couldn’t be more blatant about telling you without grabbing your hand yelling “YO, FIRE IN THIS DIRECTION YOU GOD kitten ED IDIOT”

Though looking at your post history I’m not shocked you somehow missed that.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

I did it on two characters so far and took my time. I’m not that good with keyboard controls, so my dodging isn’t always accurate. Still, I liked this fight, I guess I need between 10 and 15 minutes to do it, but I’m perfectly fine with that. Only had some good frustrations at the start.

(As in shouting “What the hell is happening? Why are those things exploding in MY face? Kitten!” to my monitor…)

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I love this fight. Its challenging but not too hard. It also have Connection to what have been there from day one and the history (the foefire).

I soloed it first time as ranger – didnt take me very long to kill it. and I managed to stay alive. To manage some of the achivements I took some help from two guildies and we did it together, having different roles in there.

Kima & Co

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Id recommend having some sort of speed buff to avoid those orbs. Biggest PITA is dodging some AOE only to dodge right into a kitten ed orb.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

IIRC this boss takes conditions like a man and doesn’t do anything to cleanse ‘em. If you play conditions you’ll have it easier than a Berserker.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: SteveDW.5127

SteveDW.5127

15 minutes, obviously I’m playing a totally different game than the rest of you. I think it took 20+ minutes to get it down to 50%, then a mender got through and I said screw it I’ll come back when I have a couple hours free.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You had very very low DPS then.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Celestina.2894

15 minutes, obviously I’m playing a totally different game than the rest of you. I think it took 20+ minutes to get it down to 50%, then a mender got through and I said screw it I’ll come back when I have a couple hours free.

What’s your gear/weapon/trait combo?

I’ve tried it with multiple classes/armor combos and I have never taken 20+ minutes unless I was going for one of the achievements.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

But how? Did they unequip all their weapons? I remember reading someone’s friend beat this in Nomad in about 11 minutes.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

And I never said It’s bad content, I think it’s great content. The mechanics and design of the fight was terrible, however, as I’ve already said, takes too long, boss has too much hp, too many things you gotta keep doing for too long for a solo thing. But It sure was visually pretty with an interesting story

I am a not zerker.

The second character I ran through the instance with was my terrormancer with a mix of rabid and ascended rampager’s. It was actually faster than on my main zerkgineer. This may just be because I was more familiar with the fight

I didn’t exactly time the fight, but I only killed maybe three or four menders, felt short of ten minutes.

IIRC this boss takes conditions like a man and doesn’t do anything to cleanse ‘em. If you play conditions you’ll have it easier than a Berserker.

This particular boss has multiple spots where you can hit it, and thus apply conditions several times. A single grasping dead applies 9 stacks of bleed if you aim it right, so that’s not the case here.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

But how? Did they unequip all their weapons? I remember reading someone’s friend beat this in Nomad in about 11 minutes.

Beats me. I was just basing it off their description of what happened.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OP clearly was spending too much time focusing on adds and/or DPSing the boss when its shield was up. If you have average DPS, you should be able to take the boss down in 4 rounds of the shield going down. (25% HP down each round)

The only reason it would possibly take longer is if you were missing your window to attack the statue. That’s not a problem with the encounter, that’s a player problem.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I did this fight just tonight, to finally finish the LS crap and farm lockpicks for my bug weapons. Wish me luck…
Anyway, slept through it. Twas mind-numbingly easy and uninspired – they didn’t even bother thinking of another boss for the fight, just anet style.
Today a friend of mine breaks in a hearty laughter on ts and pings me something.
I open the link.
It’s this thread.
I read it a little and now I sit here, hands in my hair, void eyes, wondering how could anyone possibly find this fight so hard that s/he thinks it requires a party.
No, seriously, I’m trying. I’m thinking. I just don’t understand. I don’t understand what the problem was.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I did this fight just tonight, to finally finish the LS crap and farm lockpicks for my bug weapons. Wish me luck…
Anyway, slept through it. Twas mind-numbingly easy and uninspired – they didn’t even bother thinking of another boss for the fight, just anet style.
Today a friend of mine breaks in a hearty laughter on ts and pings me something.
I open the link.
It’s this thread.
I read it a little and now I sit here, hands in my hair, void eyes, wondering how could anyone possibly find this fight so hard that s/he thinks it requires a party.
No, seriously, I’m trying. I’m thinking. I just don’t understand. I don’t understand what the problem was.

It’s the same reaction I had with the flood of people saying that the jumps in Dry Top were too hard, preventing them from progressing their story. I mean. Seriously?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….