Possessed Statue...

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

it was a short fight. Not sure what you did for 25 minutes

this game is as casual and easy as possible while still being able to be called a game and some people are still too horrible to get anything done

dies of endless laughter

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

this game is as casual and easy as possible while still being able to be called a game

I’m not even sure what you mean by this lol

What about Tic-Tac-Toe? There’s like….1 rule to Tic-Tac-Toe. Get 3 in a row first. I can’t think of an easier/more casual game. Are you saying you can’t call it a game?

I know what you are trying to say: GW2 is so easy you can barely call it a game. I just find that a humorous thing to say because the term “game” is not defined by difficulty.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

…is literally the worst thing you have ever put in the Living Story

And I never said It’s bad content, I think it’s great content.

Really?

Also, I thought this was a fun boss, and killed it on my first try in well under 10 minutes (using Soldier’s gear).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It was one of the better bosses, particularly as a revisit to one of the very first bosses you encounter.

Really though, there’s not a whole lot to keep track of so it’s not particularly challenging – DPS the boss or kill adds, clear or avoid fear fields and spectral flames, and kill menders when they get too close.
You hardly even take damage unless you get hit by spectral flames, and they’re trivially easy to avoid or dispose of. On a mesmer you can outrun them, send a clone after them, or just walk up to them and hit sword 2 / F4 while they explode doing zero damage. Or you can dodge.

The most challenging bit is never getting knocked down, but that’s optional and still isn’t that hard.

I can see why we aren’t getting single-player instance bosses that require you to pay attention to too many things at a time though. It’s not something everyone wants to (or can) deal with in a story mission.

Now… if someone can actually get as far as the Liadri fight in the gauntlet, then somehow take 25 minutes to finish this? There’s only one reasonable explanation I can think of – undergearing. Fighting naked, perhaps. Using level 10 weapons. Traits are all empty. Trying to do this as a candy corn elemental.
Otherwise, I struggle to see how anyone’s going to make it all the way to Liadri with no DPS (and I mean none – my healer guardian killed the statue in less than 10 minutes) or situational awareness.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I can sympathize, if my condi thief were in Dire are well I can imagine it would have taken forever as well, thankfully I run Carrion instead because of how frequently there’s crit and condi immune content in the game.

Most of my characters also carry a second set of armor, typically Berserker or Soldier, for situations like this one. I’d suggest you also invest in an alt set/build as well, so you can stick to playing how you want most of the time and switch out when the game starts penalizing you for that.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I think… If you only kill the menders and the ghosts and don’t hit the statue once the NPCs kill it in less than 25 mins…

Dunno, have to test it, be back with results soon!

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

That was one of the better done LS story solo boss fights we’ve had in this game so far (even tho that statue is the miniboss u fight with the charr in the tutorial stage)….and besides this, it required sheep-level gaming experience to beat.

Seriously….take it however u want…but that boss fight really required actual sheep-level gaming experience. It’s no other way of putting it. They literally implemented just 1 game mechanic to that boss…. “kill mob X then hit boss” …a mob that spawns so far it’s in the other room and moves so slow u get to dps the boss 10% life each time.

If u have issues with these kind of very complicated university-level mechanics please ask for help and i am 101% positive someone will help u.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I did this fight just tonight, to finally finish the LS crap and farm lockpicks for my bug weapons. Wish me luck…
Anyway, slept through it. Twas mind-numbingly easy and uninspired – they didn’t even bother thinking of another boss for the fight, just anet style.
Today a friend of mine breaks in a hearty laughter on ts and pings me something.
I open the link.
It’s this thread.
I read it a little and now I sit here, hands in my hair, void eyes, wondering how could anyone possibly find this fight so hard that s/he thinks it requires a party.
No, seriously, I’m trying. I’m thinking. I just don’t understand. I don’t understand what the problem was.

Now you understand why we so rarely get even slightly difficult content.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I did this fight just tonight, to finally finish the LS crap and farm lockpicks for my bug weapons. Wish me luck…
Anyway, slept through it. Twas mind-numbingly easy and uninspired – they didn’t even bother thinking of another boss for the fight, just anet style.
Today a friend of mine breaks in a hearty laughter on ts and pings me something.
I open the link.
It’s this thread.
I read it a little and now I sit here, hands in my hair, void eyes, wondering how could anyone possibly find this fight so hard that s/he thinks it requires a party.
No, seriously, I’m trying. I’m thinking. I just don’t understand. I don’t understand what the problem was.

there would be nothing wrong with difficult content if it wasn’t forced on people that don’t want to do it

i hate liadri cause i wanted the AP, but I didn’t want to do liadri, i got the kill and 8 orbs, but i hated it then and i hate it now, and i hate the fact that i was forced to do such cheap shot hard content like liadri just for the AP

we should all get everything, and then when people want hard content, it’s optional so that their challengered desires are filled and met, while also our desires are filled and met, that’s how it should be

hard content should be optional, and you should get 0 ap for it, because you only do it for the challenge of it.

Are you Shpongled?

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Celestina.2894

I open the link.
It’s this thread.

there would be nothing wrong with difficult content if it wasn’t forced on people that don’t want to do it

i hate liadri cause i wanted the AP, but I didn’t want to do liadri, i got the kill and 8 orbs, but i hated it then and i hate it now, and i hate the fact that i was forced to do such cheap shot hard content like liadri just for the AP

we should all get everything, and then when people want hard content, it’s optional so that their challengered desires are filled and met, while also our desires are filled and met, that’s how it should be

hard content should be optional, and you should get 0 ap for it, because you only do it for the challenge of it.

You realize you are essentially complaining that hard content has a reward yes?

Do you even comprehend how idiotic your complaint is?

God I hope you were just being sarcastic with that post.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

So it’s not just me!

The way that post is worded, though. I don’t think anyone will manage to convince them otherwise.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So it’s not just me!

The way that post is worded, though. I don’t think anyone will manage to convince them otherwise.

It’s most definitely sarcasm.

He should have used more ellipses to signify his dry-humor.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Celestina.2894

So it’s not just me!

It’s most definitely sarcasm.

He should have used more ellipses to signify his dry-humor.

Normally his post would be enough for me to tell…….but with these forums I never know sometimes.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

There’s barely any challenge at all in that fight.

I had no idea what to expect when i entered that instance, yet i killed it within 5 minutes, felt pretty boring and way too easy.

Also, Liadri was pretty easy aswell.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Finished the encounter on my first try with my sylvari ranger. Mixed exotic gear, sword/axe + longbow, full signets + spirit fire wolf, hawk and lynx as pets. Took me about ten minutes, mostly due to missing one or two dodges and bumping into an orb of fiery doom once or twice.

And I had the game on mute, as I was listening to a debate on youtube at the time. So yeah…

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Pretty easy fight on my “Wellomancer”. Plague as my elite also helped a lot, especially with that pesky mender when he slipped past my fear.

That torment though… <3 <3 <3

Final Score- Bel 1, Ghosties 0, Rytlock… somewhere in the fractals getting his +20 agony resist.

No deaths. No downed state.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

So, I ran 10 toons through this. I did a few alone and did a few with pugs. There were times when the ghosts would divert the charr from their assigned task and I needed to reset them. That was the biggest PITA, as were the orbs, but I learned I could out run them and they would go poof.
Hands down, my mesmers had the easiest time of it. My warrior was close behind. Until I changed up my ele’s skill set, I had a difficult time. My ranger had an relatively easy time of it. I had a lot of difficulty with my Guardian because I was not playing it right for this situation.
If alone, I had to keep the charr focused and the menders dead. And in a lot of cases, I prefer doing things on my own. But, honestly, I enjoyed this fight more when I was with a group. Not because it made defeating the statue easier, because it was easier, it was interesting to see what everyone else was doing and what skill set they brought to the fight.
And I have no intention of doing it again for the achievements…. stupid idea.. IMHO.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

This fight is very easy to solo, getting 5 people only make it harder.

I solo it with my ele and use the staff, the mender have very low hp and died fast, the mobs are bussy figthing the npcs. Just kill th emender, destroy the fear totems and kill kill the mobs fast so you can dps the statue. No see the problem here.

I am only having problems with the “Don’t Knock Yourself Out” achievement. I read that is easier with 2 persons, but didn’t find someone that want try it. And is very bored have to replay all the instance because you don’t dodge at time :/.

I try to do wit 5 persons but the boss become harder.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

…is literally the worst thing you have ever put in the Living Story, season 1 included, besides Liadri. It literally took me 25 minutes to kill it, and I did not die once, and I always killed all the menders…if I knew it was like that I would’ve found a group of people to do it with.

Next time, put a warning label on it ‘’this content should be attended with a group of people’’ or something like that

not.fun.at.all. way.too.long

You are way.too.bad.

Get out of your Clerics/Nomads comfort zone and try to learn the encounter (not that there’s much to learn). You barely had to dodge at all, you were able to simply kite the spectral flames which real name I forgot und the ascalonian menders were slow as hell, not to mention the obvious tells and the nice, orange-red aoe-indicator which basically screams “press V now!”

Seeing that you have so much problems with such an encounter, may I ask you which class you play with what kind of build? We might be able to give you useful tips so that you can improve your gameplay.

Shrug. You’re just a bad player.

Nothing about this takes 25 minutes. For the record, I’ve not been a living story fan in the past. They’ve made big steps in the right direction though. This is a fun fight with some mechanics and attacks to mind.

It’s not difficult but does require you to pay attention to attacks and enemies. It’s very easy to solo. You mind Rytlock’s instructions, evade attacks, and put out damage on the statue. Also mind mender pathing and hop back to CC and burn them down. If you need the mender achievement, you let them buff him and continue as normal.

It’s actually engaging and interesting. An absolute lolmode quest with a group though. You’re just a bad player. They’ve made some great content here.

I was using a full rabid gear exo+ascended rabid spec condi necro. And I never said it was hard, I didn’t have to restart once, it’s just too long and tedious. Took me 25 minutes.

And I never said It’s bad content, I think it’s great content. The mechanics and design of the fight was terrible, however, as I’ve already said, takes too long, boss has too much hp, too many things you gotta keep doing for too long for a solo thing. But It sure was visually pretty with an interesting story

There’s no good and bad players in this game.
There’s just zerkers and not zerkers.

I am a not zerker.

Wow my poorly geared condi necro took him down in about 5mins.. axe/dagger with staff .. dps the statue and condi the menders/ghosts, cant be simpler really.
Now getting that no knock down achievement is something else.. due to the dismal camera system and a lot of the time having the spheres spawn on top of you and not being able to see it.. of course we could all go for the stand on the stones and range thing for it.. but on a condi necro that’s not really a good call

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

This fight is very easy to solo, getting 5 people only make it harder.

Yes, with 5, it is harder. But I have only done it once with 5, typically 2 or 3 party members works well. One person to deal with the menders, the other two to keep the beating on the statue, goes pretty quick.

And finding 5 people to actually join a pug can be a pain.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

OK, after having finally completed Dragon’s Reach P1, my verdict on the fight:

1. It’s not really that hard. I actually found it easier than the final fight at Fort Salma (although that’s partly due to the bug where Kasmeer and Marjory disappear and you’re left all by yourself).

2. Both ranged and melee characters work for this fight. Ranged characters have the advantage of being able to attack both the statue and the Menders without having to run everywhere, as well as kiting the Flames. Melee characters have to pay more attention, but they have the advantage of getting double hits in on the statue if they have a cleave weapon, effectively doubling their damage.

3. Pet classes have a big advantage in this fight. The Flames aggro onto pets, minions and illusions, but they do not explode, leaving you free to continue attacking the statue while the Flames hug your pets.

4. Menders are quite fragile. What’s more, you can keep using CC’s to interrupt their action to heal the statue, making it quite easy to stop them even if they get there.

The “Don’t Knock Yourself Out” achievement, however, is a whole different kettle of fish.

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I thought the fight, once I understood its mechanics, was quite enjoyable and not that long or tedious. I went in 100% full melee (guardian) and was having trouble because it seems like while the fear wards are up the statue is invulnerable. So I ran out the tunnel, killing another Mender on the way, equipped a scepter, and was off to the races. Used my range attacks on the fear wards and my GS on everything else. Thing melted fast once I could keep the burn phases rolling.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Comparing Barradin’s statue to Liadri’s fight…? Oh dear me.

Attachments:

Possessed Statue...

in Living World

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since the discussion in this thread has not been constructive this thread is now closed.