*Possible Spoiler* Very tasteless Anet...

in Living World

Posted by: Boris De Pig.7258

Boris De Pig.7258

Seriously, the story step called ‘The Concordia Incident’

Not long after they raised the wreck of the cruise ship the Costa Concordia which ran aground with the loss of 32 lives you release a game step called ‘The Concordia Incident’

Seems tasteless in the extreme…

in Living World

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Funny, because when I seen that they called it, that’s what I thought too.

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Except Fort Concordia had been called that for the longest time. What would you have preferred, the Defense of Concordia?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

So the Trading Post should be kicked out of the game because it reminds you of the World Trade Center?

in Living World

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

almost forgot about that, well its not like its a huge incident , if you want to talk about sunken ships , how about that ferry that sunk in south korea with almost 300 deaths in april?

should anet never use some names that are in some kind of relation withe some accidents that happens every year around to world ? dont thinks so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_the_MV_Sewol

in Living World

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

Considering a) the name was probably chosen well before the Costa Concordia salvage operation began yesterday b) the actual sinking of the ship happened in 2012, i doubt Anet was even thinking about any association.

in Living World

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Concordia is, by the way, an ancient Roman goddess of social agreements. IIRC it’s also “harmony” in Latin.

in Living World

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Because you know…it’s…

It’s at Fort Concordia…

in Living World

Posted by: Lucifeh.1028

Lucifeh.1028

Let’s not ever use the word “Titanic” for anything in this game. So offensive.
While at it, don’t use “titan”, “tit”. Hell, let’s not use t, i, a, n or c. It might be offensive.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Well this takes the cake for dumbest thread of the day.

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Personally, I’m waiting for the Titanic final battle in the new area named Torrey Canyon. We will be accompanied by a loudmouthed merchant NPC named the Herald of Free Enterprise.

Any names related to real incidents are purely coincidental.

Doesn’t beat the person moaning that one of the staff skins in the past depicted devil worship!

(edited by GuzziHero.5104)

in Living World

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

No, OP. Tasteless would be rushing to the forums to announce how tasteless you think it is that two completely unrelated topics which happen to share the same name happen to exist, just for the purpose of inciting people. And how tasteless is it of YOU to share a name with Boris the Animal, considering his vile attempt in 1969 to stop the Arc Net Shield from protecting Earth, which would cost the planet countless lives? Seems tasteless in the extreme…

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

OP needs a thicker skin.

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m sorry, but can someone explain what the “Costa Concordia” is? Was this a ship from GW1 lore or something?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Celestina.2894

Personally, I’m waiting for the Titanic final battle in the new area named Torrey Canyon. We will be accompanied by a loudmouthed merchant NPC named the Herald of Free Enterprise.

Any names related to real incidents are purely coincidental.

Doesn’t beat the person moaning that one of the staff skins in the past depicted devil worship!

I said of the day, not year ;P

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Gotta agree with that. This is a beyond dumb thread. It’s amazing what some people can read into absolutely nothing. /smh

Next thing you know, someone will see a rock formation in game that resembles Jesus.

Yeesh.

For that matter, I take offense at the name Guild Wars 2, as it mentions “Wars”…..and I am a pacifist. /eyeroll

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Stop being silly.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m just waiting for when something happens at Skrittsburg and I get to hear groaning from that end of the Rust Belt.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I’m sorry, but can someone explain what the “Costa Concordia” is? Was this a ship from GW1 lore or something?

No it was a ship in real life that hit a reef/rock due to Captain error within the Mediterranean (?). Recently they just rose the ship, which was about 3/4s submerged in the sea, up with pressured air in a raft-like contraption to sail it to a harbor in order to be broken down. The thing is practically rotting. But because of the Captain, a lot of lives were lost.

Honestly the OP is just making a big deal out of nothing.

in Living World

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Guys, we need to file a petition to have the emergency telephone number changed; 911 offends me.

Har.

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

No it was a ship in real life that hit a reef/rock due to Captain error within the Mediterranean (?). Recently they just rose the ship, which was about 3/4s submerged in the sea, up with pressured air in a raft-like contraption to sail it to a harbor in order to be broken down. The thing is practically rotting. But because of the Captain, a lot of lives were lost.

So basically, you have a real ship that coincidentally has a similar name to something in GW2. That’s grasping at straws.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Celestina.2894

Guys, we need to file a petition to have the emergency telephone number changed; 911 offends me.

Har.

OH MY GOD YOU’RE RIGHT

Attachments:

in Living World

Ronin.7381

So basically, you have a real ship that coincidentally has a similar name to something in GW2. That’s grasping at straws.

Pretty much. It’s a desperate attempt to incite responses out of one’s one insecurities. I mean I understand that it was tragic and Arenanet, hell no video game company on the planet, would mock tragic events like this. OP sounds like he just wants something to complain about.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

hell no video game company on the planet, would mock tragic events like this.

. . . I would not be so sure about that.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

hell no video game company on the planet, would mock tragic events like this.

. . . I would not be so sure about that.

Well, give me an example of one that would or has.

Activision for example wasn’t advocating for a group of Russian terrorists to go to their nearest airport and murder their own brothers and sisters.

There’s no correlation between what happens in the game and how it reflects on that crash in 2012 due to user error who is also in a lot of crud for making the mistakes he did. It really is grasping at straws trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Arenanet doesn’t strike me as gloating about the real life incident.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well, give me an example of one that would or has.

Yeah, no, not going to go searching. But as there are movies which mock tragic things, I suspect there are adequate amounts of people who would do it then go “it’s just a joke, lighten up”.

Major distribution/production companies might not touch them, but they’re not the only ones who make games . . .

But if you want I’ll list a low-key one:

There’s Origin’s mocking of an incident with Richard Garriott. (One of the Ultima games lets you ‘parody’ a real life incident where a plaque fell on his head. Not fatally, naturally.)

Activision for example wasn’t advocating for a group of Russian terrorists to go to their nearest airport and murder their own brothers and sisters.

Mmm, EA has, however, many glorious “questionable” ad campaigns under their belt.

There’s no correlation between what happens in the game and how it reflects on that crash in 2012 due to user error who is also in a lot of crud for making the mistakes he did. It really is grasping at straws trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Arenanet doesn’t strike me as gloating about the real life incident.

ANet doesn’t strike me as the type to make light of events like this, either. It’s been a slow day for hating on ANet though, so we get topics like this.