Precision Blade/Hold the line

in Living World

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Any one give me a clue to get these done. I get slaughtered every time I try. I did the Self Doubt fight relatively easy both Fearless and Fearful.

I know that its 50 and 5 minutes.

I get to the 3.45 mark the 3rd or 4th set of mobs and then they ignore the NPC’s and focus fire me every time. Even when sitting the furtherest distance I can sit in the room.

I am using a ranger with either a condi build or a power build. Its really doing my head in.

I’ve tried the Dulfy suggestion of leaving the npc’s dead and one or three mobs alive to let the timer run and Anise ends up killing them then a new set spawns and pow focus fire again.

Anyone help please.

in Living World

Posted by: Matt Cole.2680

Matt Cole.2680

Try a less squishy build would be my best recommendation. I main a ranger and I imagine I’ll use my magis set to see how far I can get with that achiev, I think it’s a really cool achievement, or a non meta defensive build. If you’re using meta dps builds remember that they’re targeted at specific content and are quite squishy. Killing the mobs slower increases your survival time and decreases their spawn rate and they only get stronger with each wave. Good luck!

Edit: Anise is like invincible, maybe use smokescale and staff 3 to stealth before they focus fire you and bring some more defensive abilities.

(edited by Matt Cole.2680)

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

For Hold the Line, simply let the NPCs die and stand in the back. When not in combat, the enemies will walk around the room in a circle, taking a brief break in the back. When they’re at that back, use the revive skill at the front, which causes Kiera (Anise) to pause rather than stick to you. The enemies will circle back around and engage the NPCs. Let Kiera solo them, she’s immortal, and do not interfere, as you will immediately attract them to yourself. Repeat for as long as you need and however many kills you want.

in Living World

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

For Hold the Line, simply let the NPCs die and stand in the back. When not in combat, the enemies will walk around the room in a circle, taking a brief break in the back. When they’re at that back, use the revive skill at the front, which causes Kiera (Anise) to pause rather than stick to you. The enemies will circle back around and engage the NPCs. Let Kiera solo them, she’s immortal, and do not interfere, as you will immediately attract them to yourself. Repeat for as long as you need and however many kills you want.

MANY MANY MANY Thanks!

in Living World

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The 50 kill one can be tricky because the NPCs get slaughtered within seconds and you get the attention of everything in the room at once.

The easiest solution is to lay down as much damage as possible to kill off as many as possible bevor they all target you. I did this on a necromancer (similar to qtfy raid condi build). I placed staff area fields and the moment the enemies appeared I: used Rise, then went into shroud, Reaper F5, then reaper F4, then out of shroud and epidemic then back to scepter focus and range down anything that survived that while ressurecting dead NPC. Rinse and repeate on next wave.

Alternatively play a thief and permastealth and let Anise solo everything.

in Living World

Posted by: Etterwyn.5263

Etterwyn.5263

After quite a few tweaks I got 50 kills with my Necro (full Viper’s, and Reaper runes). I used Greatsword the whole time, and slot skills were Well of Blood, Well of Darkness, Suffer, YAAW, and CTTB. Chill and blindness- spam, spam, spam! Stand right in the middle of the spawn point and unload as soon as they spawn. Sometimes you get feared, but either of your instant-cast shouts will clear that.

You want to try to get the first 30 kills before Shadow escapes. That only leaves you with 2 amped up groups to kill. The boosted enemies do hella damage but they don’t seem to have extra health (I might be wrong there, but they don’t seem to take longer to kill).