Predictions for Episode 4

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Hi, I would like to share with my predictions and maybe they will come true.

I expect:
1) Scruffy 2.0 in the next episode. Rytlock will come back to Rata Novus. We will tell Taimi and Rytlock everything about the situations, who happened during our journey in Bitterfrost Frontier. Maybe Rytlock will say about his secrets finally.
2) I don’t expect a chapter with Norns and the Fang of the Serpent, but we will focus on the Kryta’s matters.
3) We will want to give the invitation for Kasmeer. I expect, that she will agree. We will check the info from Rox, who said, that Canach makes his way to Isles of Janthir.
4) I would like to see one chapter with Aurene and Caithe. I would hear, that Caithe would leave Aurene and would go to Pale Tree, then she would come back to Tarir and then she would say everything about Pale Tree and new Sylvaries.

I am so hyped for the next week, maybe we will get the trailer, who knows.

Thanks for reading and write your expectations for the next epizode!
Make your predictions go wild!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It would be very weird for Rytlock to just show up despite being sent to jail. I’m hopeful we’d be taking part in his ‘trial’ so that we see what High Legion Juryduty is like, effectively (even in the PS when we bring in prisoners, we only deal with the aftermath, despite an NPC talking about being a lawyer of sorts in the Black Citadel).

I am hopeful that at the very least, Episode 4 deals with this about Rytlock.

I suspect/hope we’ll start in Hoelbrak, though, just to see the ramifications of Braham’s over-eagerness (that E3 finale was too boring for such a momentous occasion, we need more…).

Besides those two, we’ll either be getting a zone in northern Kryta for Krytan/White Mantleness (Lake Doric? That Brisban Bridge finally being repaired?), or we take our first steps in the Crystal Desert in search of a branded that has experienced plant/death magic alterations for further experimentations.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Arden.7480

“It would be very weird for Rytlock to just show up despite being sent to jail”

Hmm? What do you mean? The killer of the dragons is in a jail? :o

I don’t think so. He said: Sorry I’ll miss out on all the fun, Commander. I’ll catch up with you as soon as I’m able.

If he would be send to the jail, the Commander would not agree with this. I expect, that he will come back to story.

This is really interesting, that Rytlock was in Personal Story, LS 1,2, HoT and LS3. And in every episode of LS3. I think, that he is one of the most important character in LS3, but I still don’t know why. Perhaps I and we will find an answer in the next episode.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You might want to replay that episode. He was essentially arrested and taken back to the Black Citadel.

He was stripped of his rank, refused multiple summons from his superior officers to return and explain his powerful new magic – in a military/rank based society, it is not inconceivable to expect him to face a court martial or equivalent based on that alone.

I’m not expecting a sudden re-showing from Rytlock just yet.

Also, I agree entirely about the ending of E3 being underwhelming. This was a key moment in Norn Legend and Lore, which got quickly glossed over. That was one of many things that really let E3 down compared to how well S3 was doing so far. Hopefully E4 will expand on this to counter the damage done.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

In other threads, I’ve expressed my ideas on what’s been up with Rytlock (He’s blind, and can no longer perform his official duties, but was trying to hide that for pride’s sake.) I expect that we’ll get to see at least part of his “trial”, and it will be trial by combat. They want to know how powerful he is, after all.

I think next Episode will take us after the White Mantle again. We might visit Hoelbrak to start, but that’s going to be given time to get worse before we get to address it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Arden.7480

I don’t wanna see a chapter with these norns. We saw enough. Braham will lead norns to the mouth of Jormag and we will just observe him. The Commander said: “I hope cooler heads prevail. He has to see this isn’t the way to go…” and said: “He certainly doesn’t want to be around me right now.”. The Commander cannot deny his stupid believes, it is like saying to Asuras, that Colleges are stupid and don’t bring anything good. Or saying to Charr, that they are weak and are just poor little cats.

The Commander has to only observe sometimes and CANNOT interfere to matters of other Races. I didn’t see the situation, that every Race gave obedience to the Commander. In the World Summit we were only mediators.

The Commander cannot say what the race can or cannot do. We are not Queen Jennah, Zojja, Phlunt, Rytlock, Knut, Eir, Caithe, Logan or Pale Tree. We are just a small character, we only kill dragons and we are not meant to rule over the Races.

So I think, that we won’t visit Hoelbrak, because Norns can do whatever they like, even if they will bring the catastrophe to other Races. We really cannot say to them: ‘your belief is stupid and you are very ridiculous.’

Rox is with Braham and she will say what happens in Hoelbrak. Perhaps we will get a letter from her.

(edited by Arden.7480)

in Living World

Arden.7480

And you are right, that Rytlock won’t come back to us so fast. We cannot say to charrs: ‘Release him!’, because this is the matter of charrs.

in Living World

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

And you are right, that Rytlock won’t come back to us so fast. We cannot say to charrs: ‘Release him!’, because this is the matter of charrs.

Oh, we can. Most easily if we tie it to solving a ghost related problem, but also by attaching it to a dragon related problem. All we really need to do is provide proof to the Charr leadership that they benefit more from a gladium Rytlock in our care than they do a Rytlock in theirs.

I’m not sure that is what will happen, though. Feels more like removing the last vestiges of the old guard from the story to me, so that they remain alive but not an active part of “our” guild.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I want a map in an area that we have never been too yet (including in GW1).

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

The Commander cannot say what the race can or cannot do. We are not Queen Jennah, Zojja, Phlunt, Rytlock, Knut, Eir, Caithe, Logan or Pale Tree. We are just a small character, we only kill dragons and we are not meant to rule over the Races.

So I think, that we won’t visit Hoelbrak, because Norns can do whatever they like, even if they will bring the catastrophe to other Races. We really cannot say to them: ‘your belief is stupid and you are very ridiculous.’

I am a norn. I got the scroll that was used to crack the tooth. So why I have less rights to decide the fate of my people than some angsty teenager? Why do you think Braham is so important that he can decide the fate of my people alone?
And, yeah, Braham’s beliefs =/= norn beliefs. And Brahams beliefs are ridiculois and I want to say it in his face right in front of all Hoelbrak. With my fist. Its a norn way.

in Living World

Arden.7480

The Commander is away from Race’s matters and you are saying as you, what you think, there won’t be the Commander for Norns or anyone else. The Commaner is the Commander.

Norns are just stupid and just want to be drunk. I read Ghosts of Ascalon and the norn- Gullik wanted only drink alcohol. This is the fact. I don’t trust Norns.

And I don’t say about you, because you are human as I am and I respect you and your opinions about GW2. If I have another view than you, just know, that I am not every player, so treat my reply as opinion.

(edited by Arden.7480)

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It is one of the issues with having a choice of races that there are times when a PC of a given race should be able to take the story in a different direction than a PC of another race, but ArenaNet’s storytelling isn’t capable of handling significant deviations as a result of this so it gets brushed under the carpet: one of the clearest examples being Rox’s gladium status (it really shouldn’t be too hard for a charr PC to extend a warband invite, while obviously other races don’t have that option).

In this case… it would actually make sense that the Pact Commander should be able to have influence regardless of whether the PC is a norn or not. The norn respect legend, after all, and there probably aren’t many currently alive who match the Commander’s legend. If the PC stood up in Hoelbrak and says his or her piece, it probably wouldn’t matter at this point which race they are.

It’s possible that we’ll see that in E4. It’s also possible ArenaNet has decided that the Commander is willing to sacrifice the norn as a whole in order to avoid widening the rift with Braham. Personally, I’d prefer to see the Commander at least try, but I could see that fitting with their approach.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

“It would be very weird for Rytlock to just show up despite being sent to jail”

Hmm? What do you mean? The killer of the dragons is in a jail? :o

I don’t think so. He said: Sorry I’ll miss out on all the fun, Commander. I’ll catch up with you as soon as I’m able.

If he would be send to the jail, the Commander would not agree with this. I expect, that he will come back to story.

This is really interesting, that Rytlock was in Personal Story, LS 1,2, HoT and LS3. And in every episode of LS3. I think, that he is one of the most important character in LS3, but I still don’t know why. Perhaps I and we will find an answer in the next episode.

He was arrested. Those arrested tend to go to jail.

Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Rytlock Brimstone.
Rytlock Brimstone: That’s “Tribune” to you, soldier.
Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Not any more, it’s not.
Veteran Adamant Team Lead: You’ve ignored numerous requests from the Black Citadel to account for your time in the Mists and explain this new…magic.
Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Thus, you’ve been stripped of your rank and are hereby charged with dereliction of duty.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Taimi's_Game

Dereliction of duty means being sent to jail and trialed before the High Legions’ tribunes/imperator(s). We see this (indirectly) with the Honorless Gladium’s charr personal storyline.

No matter how you look at it, those two charr were sent to arrest Rytlock, and bring him to trial.

And he wasn’t in LW3E3.

Also, I agree entirely about the ending of E3 being underwhelming. This was a key moment in Norn Legend and Lore, which got quickly glossed over. That was one of many things that really let E3 down compared to how well S3 was doing so far. Hopefully E4 will expand on this to counter the damage done.

The bold is exactly why it was underwhelming.

There was no proper build up, no proper background music, no proper response. There were no norn cheering for Braham before or after the breaking of the tooth. It only showed the breaking of the tooth and nothing more. It could have been done a thousand times better with minor, re-used assets.

When the cinematic ends, you’re even still in the same instance that Braham was in seconds ago, adding further to the dissension of belief.

I don’t wanna see a chapter with these norns.

It won’t be an entire chapter. Season 3 has shown one very consistent theme.

One instance starting the episode in an old area, dealing with one thing (Eir’s memorial, Taimi’s Game, and Aurene’s training), the rest of the episode dealing with a second plot that deals with the new map.

So we’ll start somewhere old, then go somewhere new. My bet is start in Hoelbrak, then go deal with the White Mantle in a new (northern) Kryta map.

The killer of an Elder Dragon is by no means a small character. We personally know every character you just mentioned and more. We’re the individual who knows every major figure in Central Tyria, and we have the merits to be a major figure ourselves (former second in command and co-founder of the Pact, slayer of two Elder Dragons).

We may not be national leaders, but those leaders will lend their ears to us. They already did.

Norns are just stupid and just want to be drunk. I read Ghosts of Ascalon and the norn- Gullik wanted only drink alcohol. This is the fact. I don’t trust Norns.

Eir is closer to the (ideal) standard of norn beliefs than Gullik is.

Or better yet, the Svaard brothers from Sea of Sorrows novel.

Yes, they enjoy their ale – but no more than charr do. There are the undisciplined among the norn, and are probably a larger percentage of such than in other races, but they’re still majorly disciplined and reasonable. They just don’t like working in large groups unless they’re followers of Wolf (which, ironically, Braham is – which makes his actions even more anti-norn).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The killer of an Elder Dragon is by no means a small character. We personally know every character you just mentioned and more. We’re the individual who knows every major figure in Central Tyria, and we have the merits to be a major figure ourselves (former second in command and co-founder of the Pact, slayer of two Elder Dragons).

We may not be national leaders, but those leaders will lend their ears to us. They already did.

Thank you!
I don’t like this idea some players have that the PC is somehow not a big deal anymore and not worth listening to just because he/she isn’t the Commander anymore.

Screw that.

-The PC killed two Elder Dragons
-Knows pretty much every major figure in Tyria personally.
-Killed thousands upon thousands of enemies by him/herself (see Slayer achievements)
-killed many dragon champions and other important hostile figures (inquest leaders, flame legion leaders, centaur leaders, the list goes on for quite a while..)
-Is the savior of Lions Arch
-One of the Pact founders, if not the most important founder.
-Pretty much helped out… everyone! with something. (see heart quests)

And now the PC is the personal caretaker and protector of Aurene, who might be our only hope if we don’t want the world to drown in an overabundance of magic.

There’s a reason the PC can carry the title “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals”.
The PC might very well be one of the most important figures in the entire game (lorewise). I’m not saying everyone should be at our beck and call, but our voice should not be ignored.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Arden.7480

Guys, you didn’t understand me. I didn’t mean, that the Commander is not important, is not useful, but the Commander cannot say to Queen Jennah- ‘Because I am the protector of Aurene, I deprive you the throne!’ We are not almighty. We are observators and we have to lead Tyria’s army to destroy Dragons, we are representatives of Charrs, Norns, Asuras, Sylvaries, Humans we are not leaders.

World Summit:
“During the procession of world leaders ", As I said, we were mediators. We can do nothing without the army of Races.

You can see even now, how Braham behaved towards us. Perhaps we had respect in LS2, but we have not respect in LS3 and this is our problem.

I will change my mind if the Commander will stand towards every Races and will say what thinks. We are not united and I hope that the Commander will show, that every Race has to respect him as the one of leaders.

We killed 2 Dragons and still nobody doesn’t respect us and Races run their ways and they even don’t know about Aurene, did we say to every Race, that we have the new dragon??? Nope.

We told to Braham about Primordus, but why didn’t we say about Aurene? This is weird and suspicious. The most important thing in the whole situation in Tyria, even above the Dragons and Lazarus and the Commander didn’t say about it.

Why??? I really don’t know.

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Okay Rytlock wasn’t arrested as in , there were no charges laid against him. He was brought in for questioning, maybe, because he wasn’t responding. He was stripped of his rank for disobeying orders, but there’s no reason to believe he’s actually in prison.

For more likely, he would be assigned some menial assignments as punishment than him being in prison.

Either way, I don’t think we’ll be seeing him soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

there were no charges laid against him.

Yes there was.
Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Thus, you’ve been stripped of your rank and are hereby charged with dereliction of duty.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Arden.7480

Confirmed: in the next episode we will get to know about Charrs’s tribunal or court or whatever)

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Confirmed: in the next episode we will get to know about Charrs’s tribunal or court or whatever)

Where is it “confirmed”?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Guys, you didn’t understand me. I didn’t mean, that the Commander is not important, is not useful, but the Commander cannot say to Queen Jennah- ‘Because I am the protector of Aurene, I deprive you the throne!’ We are not almighty. We are observators and we have to lead Tyria’s army to destroy Dragons, we are representatives of Charrs, Norns, Asuras, Sylvaries, Humans we are not leaders.

World Summit:
“During the procession of world leaders ", As I said, we were mediators. We can do nothing without the army of Races.

You can see even now, how Braham behaved towards us. Perhaps we had respect in LS2, but we have not respect in LS3 and this is our problem.

I will change my mind if the Commander will stand towards every Races and will say what thinks. We are not united and I hope that the Commander will show, that every Race has to respect him as the one of leaders.

We killed 2 Dragons and still nobody doesn’t respect us and Races run their ways and they even don’t know about Aurene, did we say to every Race, that we have the new dragon??? Nope.

We told to Braham about Primordus, but why didn’t we say about Aurene? This is weird and suspicious. The most important thing in the whole situation in Tyria, even above the Dragons and Lazarus and the Commander didn’t say about it.

Why??? I really don’t know.

The Pact Commander is keeping Aurene on tight lips. Other topics were of importance with Braham so Aurene didn’t get mentioned, but there’d be no way the Pact Commander would talk about Aurene to the national leaders yet.

While we couldn’t go and say “I deprive you of your right to rule” (well, except to Flaxx if there’s enough asuran backing given that’s a psuedo-elected position), we can very easily go to them and say “it would be a good idea to do this” / “it would be a bad idea to do that” and they’d at the very least give it a weighted consideration.

While I think Windu is exaggerating our importance and capabilities by including the achievements and world completion (open world seems to treat us more as random adventurers rather than the Pact Commander – only HoT zones have treated us as the Pact Commander in the open world, excluding open world story steps), the Pact Commander is of importance and can influence the leaders a fair deal.

In the case of the norn, we’re legendary figures – they may not all listen to the Pact Commander when speaking in front of them all, but many would. If the PC just goes up to the shattered tooth and says “We can defeat Jormag, but we must not rush into battle. I have a plan and I will need all of your help with it.” many would follow the Pact Commander over Braham who so far sis just going “I cracked the tooth, let’s rush Jormag!”

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Arden.7480

Where is it “confirmed”?

Man, I am just kidding

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

red dots – bandit’s supplies
red lines – probably there they went to bring them
red interrupted lines – probably ways between kryta bloodstone and isles
grey dot – confessor
blue dot – pact marshal
blue lines – pact marshal on way to check stronghold conquered by pact squad
white dot – ship

stronghold map was adjusted when/after bitterfrost came, it could be done when raid map was released.

Attachments:

in Living World

Arden.7480

Rox didn’t say, that Canach IS in the Isles of Janthir, but he MAKES his way to the Isles of Janthir. So it doesn’t mean, that we are going to the Isles instantly. I think it will look like in ep 2 and ep 3, that we will get a introductory map for raid, something like Verdant Brink.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Ill ask my grandson to tell me what it was like