Primordus or next Champion?

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Hi there,

I just found the info, if someone missed it:
“Elsehwere, Seis Burntheart began tracking a large disbursement of magic, which began in Frostgorge Sound and was followed until Southsun Cove but believed to have kept moving southwest. The Pact Commander suspects Primordus to be the cause of the movement, but Seis expressed skepticism due to the lack of cataclysmic change. Whether or not this actually does relate to Primordus – either itself or one of its dragon champions – is unknown.”~official wiki.

But I am very confused. Taimi said “Primordus is active”, and in the end of trailer someone from the Pact said- “I didn’t think we’d be dealing with another dragon so soon”. And Seis said that it could be just a champion(s).

And I expected full map of Ring of Fire, but we will get Ember Bay.

And the very very very weird volcanos confused me.
These volcanos look like a sculptures. And if Destroyers could make these, they could be strange and interesting (I mean destroyers).

But these sculptures look like heads…. Who made these volcanos? Aliens?

And if Destroyers didn’t make it, so who from the Pact and who from the allies in Guild Wars 1 could climb near the crater and made heads?

So maybe Gods when they were bored, made it.

Or Primordus has a talent for making sculptures.

Someone lies- Taimi or Seis… We will know it soon.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Those are structures built onto the volcano. I forget if they were there in GW1, but the Ring of Fire has been occupied before. And judging by the screenshot below, they have been there for a long time.

Ember Bay is suggested to be a large map, so we should get a decent portion of the islands

Edit: the post below mine clears it up

Attachments:

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Posted by: TheManowar.2014

TheManowar.2014

From the GW wiki:

“The Ring of Fire Islands is the home of one of the five bloodstones and of the volcano known as Abaddon’s Mouth, which is possesed by evil, supernatural forces which have caused the lava to harden into formations resembling monstrous faces.

in Living World

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

Many guess the ‘Primordus is active’ is a red herring. Chances seem more likely that Lazarus the Dire is the big bad for Living World Season 3.

Primordus is the big bad for the next expansion.

If we’re guessing.

That would certainly hold true if the releases follow the same pattern they have so far. Living Story = ramp up the excitement for the next release; Expansion = another dragon falls. I don’t have it on authority, but that certainly seems like a plausible scenario, particularly given how far in advance Anet must plan this stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I just found the info [from the wiki]

…The Pact Commander suspects Primordus to be the cause of the movement, but Seis expressed skepticism due to the lack of cataclysmic change. Whether or not this actually does relate to Primordus – either itself or one of its dragon champions – is unknown."

But I am very confused. Taimi said “Primordus is active”, …And Seis said that it could be just a champion(s).

And I expected full map of Ring of Fire, but we will get Ember Bay.

I don’t see any contradictions:

• Taimi thinks Primordus is active and she’s been very reliable, in terms of conclusions and predictions.
  • Seis thinks that the magic disturbance that she’s tracking isn’t enough to be from an elder dragon.

Sounds like two different foes to me: Seis’ “champ” might be a plot complication or a minion of an elder dragon.

Regardless, I don’t worry about what the NPCs predict (they could be wrong, for example). I wait to see how the story plays out.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

We also encountered a dragon champion during LS2 which was the shadow of the dragon. It could be that we will encounter a megedestroyer of sorts in an episode of LS3.

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

the s2pid volcano monster looking heads were there in gw1….who made it??….simple, the devs, why…who knows maybe to look kitten, not for immersions sake?, no biggy.

clickbait title, but details meh.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes