Probably no feature pack

Probably no feature pack

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I don’t think there will be a feature pack coming before the return date. And it for sure isn’t the final episode of the season? I don’t want only 1 episode before another break

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Probably no feature pack

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

They seem to follow a six month time frame. So next one would be in March. Why would you think there’d be one between now and the start of the next Living story episode?

Especially since the only reason for the break is so that the people at anet can spend the holidays with their friends and family.

Probably no feature pack

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They seem to follow a six month time frame. So next one would be in March. Why would you think there’d be one between now and the start of the next Living story episode?

Especially since the only reason for the break is so that the people at anet can spend the holidays with their friends and family.

Man I wish I got 6 weeks of vacation…

Probably no feature pack

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Man I wish I got 6 weeks of vacation…

Technically 4 weeks, they are still working and putting in the winsterday patch and a vacation during christmass/new year is hardly unheard off.

If it even is 4 weeks, its that much till the new Living story goes life, but i’m pretty sure, that people will be back to work to get everthing ready atleast a week or so in advance so that would make maybe 3-2 weeks of vacation during the holidays.

It sucks, i would have loved to see this come to an interesting end , especially after some rather short patches. But that doesn’t change that many companies give their employees free for the holidays, christmas and new year both.

(edited by dsslive.8473)

Probably no feature pack

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d also posit that while not everyone gets vacation at once other than on XMas day itself, enough people want their week of vacation that there will be a real down turn in available personnel.

I live in the DC area, so there’s a heavy federal employment presence. Rush hour gets far more manageable during December thanks to so many workers with use-or-lose leave to eat up. Plenty still work; the aggregate effect, though, is to remarkably lighten traffic. I was a State employee; our office could get rather ghostly at this time of year even as we kept enough people working to cover courtrooms and client intake.

I know MMO companies don’t actually give that much time off to employees. It’s ingrained in them to push long work with minimal breaks. Yet they have to give some time off, and this is the season when that gets used the most.