Problem with Taimi

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: The Boctor.3271

The Boctor.3271

Why doesn’t she have a permanent crippled condition/status? I think this would improve the immersion of the new LS content.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I second the suggestion above. After all, Braham received a permanent “Crippled” condition when his leg was broken.

(On that note, Marjory should probably have been given a “Vulnerability” condition when she was still healing from multiple broken ribs.)

Given that Taimi suffers from degenerative disease that affects the strength of her bones, maybe she also needs a permanent “Weakness” condition as well.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

Well she already limps when walking without her golem.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

ohhh, and give Kas permanent “emo” condition.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Scott McGough

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

Next

The effect Taimi’s degenerative condition has on her varies. Like a lot of people with chronic pain, she has good days (when she can get around relatively easily) and bad days (when she can’t). The worse her pain is on a given day/time, the worse her limp. As she stated in the Festival of the Four Winds:

PC: How are you feeling?
Taimi: Thank you for asking. My legs are good today discomfortwise, but I can’t get complacent: my mobility is capricious, changing from one hour to the next. Luckily, Scruffy is always standing by.

Hope this helps,

—Scott McG

(edited by Scott McGough.6897)

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

The effect Taimi’s degenerative condition has on her varies. Like a lot of people with chronic pain, she has good days (when she can get around relatively easily) and bad days (where she can’t). The worse her pain is on a given day/time, the worse her limp. As she stated in the Festival of the Four Winds:

Taimi: Thank you for asking. My legs are good today discomfortwise, but I can’t get complacent: my mobility is capricious, changing from one hour to the next. Luckily, Scruffy is always standing by.

Hope this helps,

If you kill her, I’m coming after your goldfish (assuming you have goldfish). So unless you want them to sleep with the, ermmm, mammals; she better stay safe.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Scott McGough

Previous

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

If you kill her, I’m coming after your goldfish (assuming you have goldfish). So unless you want them to sleep with the, ermmm, mammals; she better stay safe.

Dr. Fishy! NOOOOOOOO!

(8 seconds in)

—Scott McG

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

The effect Taimi’s degenerative condition has on her varies. Like a lot of people with chronic pain, she has good days (when she can get around relatively easily) and bad days (where she can’t). The worse her pain is on a given day/time, the worse her limp. As she stated in the Festival of the Four Winds:

Hope this helps,

I, however, would be most pleased if you were to allow my engineer to blow up the rest of the group, then conquer the world alongside Taimi.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

Dr. Fishy! NOOOOOOOO!

(8 seconds in)

I literally LOL’d.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

Dr. Fishy! NOOOOOOOO!

(8 seconds in)

…annnnd I just watched all of those Badman vignettes as a result

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

All hail our new cute Overlord – Empress Taimi.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: poikapureda.7123

poikapureda.7123

The effect Taimi’s degenerative condition has on her varies. Like a lot of people with chronic pain, she has good days (when she can get around relatively easily) and bad days (when she can’t). The worse her pain is on a given day/time, the worse her limp. As she stated in the Festival of the Four Winds:

Hope this helps,

As a person who requires a cane to move around, i can relate a lot to this. Some days i can limp around on my disabled leg and other days i can’t move at all. I see Scruffy as Taimi’s cane, just cooler… and can destroy her enemies…

I wish my cane could do that…

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Let’s also insist everyone call her a “crippled invalid” to improve immersion.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Hope this helps,

As a person who requires a cane to move around, i can relate a lot to this. Some days i can limp around on my disabled leg and other days i can’t move at all. I see Scruffy as Taimi’s cane, just cooler… and can destroy her enemies…

I wish my cane could do that…

Here you go. :P

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

KarateKid.5648

Dr. Fishy! NOOOOOOOO!

(8 seconds in)

Just so we’re clear, with LS2e2 coming:

Attachments:

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Braham needs a permanent “Dudebro” condition.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Problem with Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Katriana Shadowbane.4582

Katriana Shadowbane.4582

Guild Wars – I love you!
I am a sufferer of such a condition and you guys have treated this subject with so much knowledge, respect and given something I have never seen in a computer game – a face to such a sickness that we can all relate to. You have my respect!
And this is why I walked down the aisle to guild wars (1) theme music! Yes really.