Problems with Transfer Chaser

in Living World

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Hi,

not managed to find out much guide wise about this achievement – but im really struggling! pretty sure its because im Dyslexic and have a lot of problems with left right/directions/symbols etc

Ive tried it 3 times now and every time I cant get beyond 2/3 sensors in the 30 minutes – now I KNOW that other people probably cant see why this is so hard but I have gone across complete maps left to right up and down and still im getting the red symbol…tried WP across the map and starting again still got 3 red symbols 30 minutes later – frankly it shouldn’t be on a timer I feel but here we are…

If anyone has any tips advice I would really appreciate it because basically im not wasting any more 2 hour playing sessions trying to get this – there is a guide here:
http://forum.renaka.com/topic/6209670/1/
But I have no idea how to get the camera directly above my head so that the symbols splay out around me showing direction?

Others have said its impossible to see which direction its in, which is maybe why im having trouble as if I follow a blue that then turns red I cannot remember which directions I still need to check – Also the symbols , when im looking at the red ‘fork’ symbol am I following the ‘fork’ direction or the opposite end to that?

Gah – thanks in advance…

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When the 5 (or less) indicator squares display in front of your character, you move in a straight line in the direction that indicator square is from your character’s body. If it’s green, it’s pretty close; if blue, it’s neither close nor far; if it’s red, it is best to travel to the nearest waypoint that lies in that direction, and use the Sensor, again. Pay no mind to the symbols on the indicator squares. It’s easier to see the indicator squares when on higher ground facing lower ground.

The little yellowish-green Magical Sensors are somewhat difficult to see; you could always try spamming the Interact key.

Good luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Also make sure you are standing still. If you move whilst activating it, the sensors don’t move in alignment with you and you end up going the wrong way. Just don’t stand still on a hill either.

Ignore the symbols, they have no relevance unless you have colour blindess, then they are a way of differntiating the sensor distances easier. All you need is the above colour code for approx. distance and you are good to go.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

As Inculpatus cedo said, stay on level ground or facing downhill. If you are on uneven ground or facing uphill the symbols can disappear.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Rococo.8347

Thanks all – I think in that case I simply wont be able to do it then as I am definitely understanding the red/blue/green distance thing its just that I for example -= follow a blue – it turns to red – I have no idea ( really!) which way to turn next to back track and find other options…at least not quickly enough – the amount of times ive followed a red across an entire map made me think I was doing it wrong but maybe im just not quick enough to try all the options

If there was no timer I would be perfectly happy to take an alt there that hasn’t been to the map before and just amble around but 30 minutes is just not doable for me it seems – oh well I wasn’t relishing the collection I had to do to get the staff so I will just call it a day – thanks for trying to help though

On another note Anet – Dyslexics/Dyspraxics really DO have trouble with this sort of thing a lot of the time – so maybe don’t put it on a kitten timer OK?!

in Living World

Randulf.7614

I agree a timer is unnecessary. Anet utterly adore timers, but they can be cheap and old hat for a modern, progressive game like this. It’s not so bad on certain bosses, but it has zero value in this situation.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding here, but don’t follow a colour too far. Stop every time the sensor skill recharges and check location. Unless you are moving whilst you are doing it, you should always be on the right track if you do it like that. If you are doing that already, I’m not sure I can really advise further.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The icons appear 360 degrees around your character (while you stand still). They will clip into the ground so try to be either on a flat or a peak. They persist long enough to pan your camera to face one.

What I do is hit the Special Action while standing still, turn to face, and then go through a quick decision tree:

Is it green? Then walk forward a bit searching for that tiny speck of dirty yellow smudge on the ground. Watch for the interact to flash up, as sometimes that happens before I see the smudge. If I don’t find it in a few seconds, hit Special Action again to see the green icon, turn to face it, and repeat.

Is it blue? Then run that direction (ie straight through the icon) full speed until the Special Action refreshes. Scan again, tweak my facing to point at the blue (one seldom manages a dead-on straight run thanks to terrain), repeat.

Is it red? Point myself at the red icon. Bring up the map and pan along my facing direction (your icon points the way you’re looking, along with a little brightly lit fan). Find a wp a good ways away along that line, go to it, then repeat the scan.

Left/right don’t matter, just getting the icon between you and your direction of travel. I believe the symbols in the icons are New Krytan numerals 1,2,3 and only matter if you are color blind.

I’d offer to help you in game but the spawns are client-specific

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Seis just moved to the NE fort in Bloodtide.

in Living World

Djinn.9245

Thanks all – I think in that case I simply wont be able to do it then as I am definitely understanding the red/blue/green distance thing its just that I for example -= follow a blue – it turns to red – I have no idea ( really!) which way to turn next to back track and find other options…at least not quickly enough – the amount of times ive followed a red across an entire map made me think I was doing it wrong but maybe im just not quick enough to try all the options

If there was no timer I would be perfectly happy to take an alt there that hasn’t been to the map before and just amble around but 30 minutes is just not doable for me it seems – oh well I wasn’t relishing the collection I had to do to get the staff so I will just call it a day – thanks for trying to help though

On another note Anet – Dyslexics/Dyspraxics really DO have trouble with this sort of thing a lot of the time – so maybe don’t put it on a kitten timer OK?!

I agree that I don’t see the need for the timer. However there is also apparently a bug with this event every now and then (I have only seen it once). On the Dulfy guide she says “The sensor tracker bugs out sometimes and tell you the sensor is north even though you are on the north end of the map. If that happens, waypoint to a different location and start again.”

http://dulfy.net/2016/08/23/gw2-tremors-current-events-achievements-guide/

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

This event is quite poorly designed. We have to find ways to “work around” the sensor bug, having to be on flat ground, not being able to see the indicators or the orbs on the ground…

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Not really poorly designed. The bug only occurred once for me and it really has nothing to do with whether it is poorly designed. Even well designed content can have a bug or two. Being on flat ground is so the indicators do not clip into the ground. I have yet to not be able to see the indicators and the orbs are visible if you know to look for a yellow orb. Your cursor changes when you hover it over the orb so you can use that to your advantage. It’s similar to the matrix key in Metrica.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s a fun event overall and worth doing – but the flaws in the indicator device really need to be highlighted. It’s not the entire event that’s flawed, just the device, and there’s no hate towards anet or the game in pointing that out. There’s no need to defend either. We’re just discussing what works and what doesn’t so each event can get a little better. I did several stages of the event last night and encountered the bug a couple of times. The icon occlusion and the bug were annoying but not greatly so. Still, I’m hopeful anet will watch out for things like this in future indicator devices.

in Living World

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Djinn linked the Dulfy guide above, would take a quick look there to see if that helps any more or not. Rule of thumb I used was if the symbol was the one tick mark then it it was very close (within 30-60 seconds travel in the direction it pointed. If it was two marks then might jump to the next waypoint and get a new read. If the Y or three mark symbol then would jump 2-3 waypoints in the directions of the mark and get a new read. Camera angel, would look down and over a shoulder. Also used the furthest out setting (due to WvW) so if you have your FoV in close you might want to pull it back some for this event. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in Living World

Posted by: Murvel.6952

Murvel.6952

Hijacking this thread to ask a quick question;
Because of reasons, I was unable to play when Seis was in Lornar’s Pass (location 3) and I seem to be unable to travel there without losing the tracker device. Is there any way to complete previous locations or is this achievement/activity useless to me now?
Thanks

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Because of reasons, I was unable to play when Seis was in Lornar’s Pass (location 3) and I seem to be unable to travel there without losing the tracker device. Is there any way to complete previous locations or is this achievement/activity useless to me now?
Thanks

You can still complete the previous locations, the only difference is that Seis has left a different NPC to interact with instead of her. All that loses you is some flavour text.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thanks

Yes, you will find an NPC in each previous map; an Element(al) or some such, standing in the same area, which will offer you the ‘quest’.

Good luck.

in Living World

Djinn.9245

Thanks

To clarify: you will get a tracker from the NPC in each map. You can’t travel between maps with a tracker.

in Living World

Posted by: Mypinkbunny.4513

Mypinkbunny.4513

i wish the puffs would have yellow names so you can see them, i have poor eye sight and just raged so hard in the southsun cove map as its impossible to see and they are in kittenup places

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

i wish the puffs would have yellow names so you can see them, i have poor eye sight and just raged so hard in the southsun cove map as its impossible to see and they are in kittenup places

There were several I never did see, just found the pop up after a lot of scanner checks along with guessing where they would be once I was in green range. They blend in something fierce with the vegetation there. This one was the closest I had to running out of time.

But if you try to think like a dev who is seeding these in places that take a little work to get to but aren’t instant death, and pay close attention to the position of the green box (I noticed that it actually had elevation as well as direction), you can probably home in on them even without visually spotting them. Also, knowing that while the specific five locations are individual to the client the overall set of locations is static, I was able to hop up and down on found ones to help others who had the same spawn see where it was.

I hope you got through it.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Here’s something I discovered by accident which is helpful.

If you play with a headset, kill the music while doing this achievement. The sensors make a soft but noticeable noise (I think of it as a “Rata Sum gizmo” noise) when you approach them. That helps a lot in chasing them down.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Here’s something I discovered by accident which is helpful.

If you play with a headset, kill the music while doing this achievement. The sensors make a soft but noticeable noise (I think of it as a “Rata Sum gizmo” noise) when you approach them. That helps a lot in chasing them down.

Great tip!

Another thing that I find helps: if you’re close (green marker), then you can wave your cursor in the general direction: it will turn from the default arrow to a gear when it’s over the sensor. That’s especially helpful in Southsun, where you can figure out the location before you jump down from a cliff.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Rococo.8347

Im just back from time away – thanks for all these contributions!

Sorry to say ive tried one last time and failed again

- im ignoring the ‘direction’ the symbols ‘point’ – ive never been able to get them to splay out 360 degrees anyway they tend to all sit in front of me even with the camera as high as I can get ( unless I need to change my camera settings?) Ive also become more reliant on WP to try and cut down on time.

I think its simply down to the fact that my brain just sisnt processing WHERE ive come and where is left to try whenever a blue turns into a red because of wrong direction, or when a red fails to turn into a blue – annoying as kitten but I have to accept defeat

Thanks for all trying to get me there though ;D enjoy your swanky staff skins

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

- im ignoring the ‘direction’ the symbols ‘point’ – ive never been able to get them to splay out 360 degrees anyway they tend to all sit in front of me even with the camera as high as I can get ( unless I need to change my camera settings?) Ive also become more reliant on WP to try and cut down on time.

I think its simply down to the fact that my brain just sisnt processing WHERE ive come and where is left to try whenever a blue turns into a red because of wrong direction, or when a red fails to turn into a blue – annoying as kitten but I have to accept defeat

I don’t see why you have to accept defeat. Besides follow the tips above, you can also visit one of the guides that are out there. They can’t show you exactly where to look, but they can narrow it down to a much smaller area, tiny enough that you should have at least one blue or green distance icon. You’d then just aim to follow the one.

Similarly, you can team up with someone who is also working on the achievement (or who has done it and can remember and/or follow the guide). They can help you get close, really close…at which point you can use the other tips (sound, cursor, etc). I did this with a friend who was convinced that there were 7-8 sensors per zone (instead of five — turns out that they tried to use the special skill to ‘collect’ the sensor instead of the [f]/interact key).

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What NOT to do

This sounds wrong but you don’t need to know where you are on the map or what direction you’ve come from. For this activity it doesn’t matter. You also don’t need to think about left and right or north/south/east/west. ALL that matters is going towards the symbols.

It’s hard to get your head around, especially if you’re used to worrying about your poor sense of direction (I’m only slightly dyslexic but it seems to affect that more than anything else) but I actually think once you get the hang of it this is easier than following normal directions.

I’ve done all 5 and most of the time I had absolutely no idea where I was, or where I’d come from or where I was going. But it didn’t matter, as long as I was going towards one of the symbols.

What to do

You also don’t need to make the symbols spread out around your character. You just need to make sure you’re in a place where they can appear anywhere around you – so standing still and not on a slope. (I found it worked best if I jumped onto a rock or something and then used the sensor.)

They appear close to you but directly between you and the sensor. So if one is right in front of you then you need to go in a straight line forwards. If it’s off to one side then you need to face in that direction and then go straight forwards.

The best thing to do is use the sensor, pick 1 mark and face towards it, then go in a straight line in that direction. As soon as the sensor recharges stop and repeat the process.

(But try to make sure you’re following the same one each time – it’s probably easiest if you pick one on the edge of the group, so all the rest will be off in a different direction next time you check.)

Again it doesn’t matter what that direction is. Don’t worry about if it’s pointing left or right or north or south or whatever. Apart from having to go around trees and mountains and things you can ignore where you’re going. Just keep going towards the symbols.

At first they will probably all be Red. This means they’re far away. As you get closer they will change to Blue and then to Yellow/Green (I think it’s yellow, other people say green.)

So you should go towards yellow ones first, then blue, then red. If they’re all red just pick one and go straight towards it until it changes to blue, then yellow.

When it’s yellow it gets harder because that means you’re very close. Try looking for the sensor on the ground, but they’re really hard to find. Don’t run very far, maybe just a few steps before using the sensor again to make sure you’re always going in the right direction and you’ll get there.

It might take practice (I had to do the 1st and last maps twice each) but once you get used to it, and can adjust to not worrying about where you are in the map, it’s not too difficult.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Only other solution is to stream it via twitch or something so someone can assist on the directions

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…most of the time I had absolutely no idea where I was, or where I’d come from or where I was going. But it didn’t matter, as long as I was going towards one of the symbols.

Yes, this works — it’s how I help other people to get their 5/zone.

in Living World

Rococo.8347

Im going to give it one more try today now you have spurred me on and been so helpful with suggestions, to be honest im pretty convinced it really is just the kitten Dyslexia slowing me, but that the timer is what finishes me off, but maybe I can get the hang of it – its just that I ‘lose’ 30 minutes of play time every time I attempt with nothing to show for it – when you only have 1-2 hours to play a lot of the time that’s a big chunk.

Its my least favourite part of the new LS events and im really hoping they consider not using timers any more…

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Im going to give it one more try today now you have spurred me on and been so helpful with suggestions, to be honest im pretty convinced it really is just the kitten Dyslexia slowing me, but that the timer is what finishes me off, but maybe I can get the hang of it – its just that I ‘lose’ 30 minutes of play time every time I attempt with nothing to show for it – when you only have 1-2 hours to play a lot of the time that’s a big chunk.

Its my least favourite part of the new LS events and im really hoping they consider not using timers any more…

I’m glad you’re giving it another shot.

PS don’t spend 30 minutes on it — if you can’t find the first one within 5-10 minutes, ask for help in /map. People can’t guide you to your specific locations, but they can probably get you to the right general area. (There are guides on the ’net, too.)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.