PvE should be PvE!

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Bone Dragon.4617

Bone Dragon.4617

Q:

Why is WvW part of world completion for the PvE players?

I don’t play PvP or WvW and I am forced to play WvW to complete World Completion. That is stupid. PvE players are always having to do PvP or non PvE crap for daily’s, world completion, special events……

Guild Wars 2 was supposed to let us play they way we wanted to play. Then why as a PvE player am I forced to battle in WvW for world completion?? I get that WvW is part of the mists or what ever….I am playing Guild Wars 2 for the PvE aspect of it, the dungeons and special events.

Am I the only PvE player who is dismayed at the forced PvP / WvW?

| Dungeon Adventures & Blackstone Defenders |
| Blackgate | [DnD] & [SWAK] |

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

WvW ? just roam around at night and bam done lol

or just follow the zerg like you do it in your PvE content ? you don’t even need to PvP in it lol

btw WvW is a Mix of PvE and PvP

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Did you read his post?
He is exactly correct.
Just because you may want to spend time in the middle of the night doing non PVE stuff doesn’t mean anyone else does.

To the OP;
It’s included because a-net thinks WvW leads to PvP and that’s all they really care about.
OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Zoltreez.6435

ok I say it again you don’t realy need to do pvp in WvW to do the world completion

btw World completion is not Pure PvE WvW is a Place too that can be explored.

who said World completion is only PvE ? why should it be only PvE ? the WvW zones are a Place in the World also……..

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well, WvW players is “forced” to do PvE for world completion as well.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Zoltreez.6435

Well, WvW players is “forced” to do PvE for world completion as well.

this

World completion is Both PvP and PvE not just PvE

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Tumult.2578

WvW players being forced to do PvE is just as bad.

Sure, you can try to compare the 30 or so world completion spots in WvW with the hundreds in PvE . You can try….

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I really, really wish there were separate titles. I don’t particularly care for WvW and I dread getting to that point where the only locations I need for completion are in the WvW maps.

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

I had the same feeling. I wanted pure PvE. I did not want to be part of WvW but after my world completion I got sucked back into it. World Completion just gives you star beside your name for everyone to see and 2 Gifts of Exploration (getting a legendary is not an easy task)… meh.

I enjoy WvW but I can’t get in because of the hour queue. Hopefully, Edge of the Mists comes soon.

To Tumult, I think that’s not the way you should address Arena Net. Post constructive criticism and not just “that’s all they really care about.”

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Why is WvW part of world completion for the PvE players?

I don’t play PvP or WvW and I am forced to play WvW to complete World Completion. That is stupid. PvE players are always having to do PvP or non PvE crap for daily’s, world completion, special events……

Guild Wars 2 was supposed to let us play they way we wanted to play. Then why as a PvE player am I forced to battle in WvW for world completion?? I get that WvW is part of the mists or what ever….I am playing Guild Wars 2 for the PvE aspect of it, the dungeons and special events.

Am I the only PvE player who is dismayed at the forced PvP / WvW?

Not at all, there’s other people who think WvW should be removed from map completion. Here’s one particular thread.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Tumult.2578

Hmmmm, post a constructive comment. OK.

“So now that we know that doesn’t work we can try something else”.

Now where do I post this constructive comment so that it actually gets a response?
Checking the Dev Tracker Thread it has to be in the PvP thread so…….

Wait, what was your point again?

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You are not forced at all to play WvW or farm AP ;P

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Try to see it from the other side, OP. To whit:

Why is PvE part of world completion for the WvW players?

I don’t play PvP or PvE and I am forced to play PvE to complete World Completion. That is stupid. WvW players are always having to do PvP or non WvW crap for daily’s, world completion, ascended mats, special events……

Guild Wars 2 was supposed to let us play they way we wanted to play. Then why as a WvW player am I forced to set foot in PvE for world completion?? I get that PvE is part of Tyria or what ever….I am playing Guild Wars 2 for the WvW aspect of it, the PvD and BvB (ZvZ if you prefer).

Am I the only WvW player who is dismayed at the forced PvP / PvE?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: Bone Dragon.4617

Bone Dragon.4617

Thank you mXz for the link, it was a good read that supports my position.
Thank you all for your responses. I am glad I am not the only one who is not happy with including WvW as map completion. For WvW players it must be just as frustrating to have to do PvE for it.

I think Aerlen said it best:
“PLEASE REMOVE IT

Either that or add a freaking no combat tag where people who have no interest in jerks and their kittens can just go there, get the freaking map completion and leave without being able to be attacked or able attack anyone else. I have to go in there naked, unarmed, and alone and I still get no life jerks who gang pile me for a kill – I’m not even freaking armed! Plus, I’m taking a space on the server that could be filled by someone who actually wants to play wvw – my own server blames world completionists for losing in wvw because they can’t get in." ~ Aerlen

Why can’t we have a non-combatant option?? Why can’t WvW /PvPers have an achievment that represents having done PvE such as having defended and attacked all bases on all four maps?? Clearly there are enough both PvE & WvW players who would like to see a different solution to this issue.

No, neither are forced to play PvE or WvW, but you miss out on getting a Legendary if you don’t!!

None of this answers the question of why. And yet even Anet or at least the wiki separates the two. The Player vs. Player covers PvP, WvW and “The Mists”. Player vs. Environment covers Cities, Events, Jumping Puzzles, Dungeons and personal story. I realize this is an organizational thing. But it does give one the impression the two can be done separately if one would like to do one or the other. In most rpg’s and even MMO’s PvPers and PvErs usually do not like to do the other, so I am not sure why we must now? Even chat shows PvErs and PvPers don’t mix well!

| Dungeon Adventures & Blackstone Defenders |
| Blackgate | [DnD] & [SWAK] |

PvE should be PvE!

in Living World

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I think originally it was probably an idealistic goal of ArenaNet to allow the player an opportunity (or force; depending on your point of view) to experience all aspects of the game. People being people, quickly polarized around the three camps of PvP, PvE and PvD. PvDs feel the PvEs are ungrateful for the server bonuses (you know, those critical crafting success, gathering and other ones) they fight for week after week. PvEs feel imposed upon when a PvD asks for WvW support while they idle in LA. PvPs think the whole world is out to get them because their rewards are so poor and sQ is such an abomination. Arguments and name-calling ensue.

Now, a year later, PvDs will rather kill than allow any PvP/Es in WvW JPs. PvEs will rather kill Tequila 2.0 single-handedly than set foot in EB (or worse yet, OS). And there you have it. GW2 Year One in a generalized and tongue-in-cheek nutshell.

Some advice though, Bone Dragon.4617: I’ve read on these fora that not all achievements should be doable by all players. There should be some exclusivity. Perhaps you’re just not meant to have those Gifts of Exploration. Pity I can’t mail you mine.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief