QUESTION: Return of Blood and Madness

in Living World

Posted by: MoogleCoffee.7420

MoogleCoffee.7420

Q:

Do we have to take this statement literal, as in ‘the Halloween event you experienced in 2013 will be the same one’ or will there be a new narrative? I would not appreciate and enjoy it if we got an easy recycle from last year…

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

You can take it however you want—We just have to wait and see before we actually know for sure.

(Unless you’re expecting a dev to give you a direct answer. I would not hold out on them announcing their Halloween plans in more detail for a while yet.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i missed last years halloween so win win for me whether its a new one or last years one

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Living World

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

Seriously hoping it’s not just last years again. I wouldn’t mind if they have previous stuff for new players to catch up on, as long as they continue onto new stuff as well. I’ve been waiting in a state of high anticipation to find out what happens next with the halloween story.

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Is it just me or is it shorter this time ? In gw1 it was just an regular event and it was cool, but i still hope we will get at least something new.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Seriously hoping it’s not just last years again. I wouldn’t mind if they have previous stuff for new players to catch up on, as long as they continue onto new stuff as well. I’ve been waiting in a state of high anticipation to find out what happens next with the halloween story.

I’m with you, though if it had to be the same as a previous years, the first years one should be the one they’re redoing/duplicate (IMO).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Is it just me or is it shorter this time ? In gw1 it was just an regular event and it was cool, but i still hope we will get at least something new.

They did add quite a bit with Halloween in guild wars. They started to tell the story of Mad king thorn.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Last year was a pretty sorry rehash.

They did some needed fixes on the clock tower, added 2 easy story missions, gated by some grind, and the rest was the same. It was negatively received, especially when they neerfed the cost of recipes for Halloween weapons by making them cost 100X as much candy corn as the year before.

People left the Halloween zone in droves, even though it was fun, because the loot wasn’t up to par.

Will they rehash it again?

ARGUMENT FOR

They might have different priorities for their teams
People who missed it can experience it again
It is only for two weeks, not the whole month of October, signifying a minor patch

ARGUMENT AGAINST

Last year’s story about the blood prince seemed to be leading somewhere
May need to reskin enemies with exposed bone for Chinese release
Flood of Candy Corn from nodes needs a sink
Wasn’t very popular last year, and needs, at a minimum, a loot update
New content probably coming from the gemstore.

I expect to see the clock tower again (china gets the main clock tower before any super harder clock tower gets released. I expect the Reapers Rumble mini game o be back. Probably the maze is back but chainsaw the skeleton is gone so we get some new enemies. That’s what I expect.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

I’m with you, though if it had to be the same as a previous years, the first years one should be the one they’re redoing/duplicate (IMO).

I missed 2012, so I’d jump at the chance to get the Mad Memoirs backpiece tbh.

I heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that it was pretty much confirmed that 2013 was an intro for the Bloody Prince – hopefully that means they’ve got a plan to continue their story. I will hold onto that hope until we hear something.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I missed 2012, so I’d jump at the chance to get the Mad Memoirs backpiece tbh.

I just want the flaming one in the Wardrobe.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I want to get me some of those 2012 skins as well, they’re kinda expensive on the TP right now…

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I want to get me some of those 2012 skins as well, they’re kinda expensive on the TP right now…

Well all of those, besides the two backpieces, were (kitten) RNG box only items (other then the three craftable ones, but those also were originally near legendary requirements to craft).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m really hoping its a new Halloween storyline and not just a literal rehash of Blood and Madness from last year. I mean, getting the general stuff like the Clocktower, minigames, and such back is a given, but its just a copy-paste of last year right down to the Bloody Prince’s appearance and capture then that’d be pretty lame. Not only from the perspective of having nothing new to do for the holiday at all, but also just from the narrative perspective. Last years content already happened, the Bloody Prince was already locked away. They did say that it might not hold forever, but having it hold for less than a year would be rather anticlimactic (plus, even if he “escaped” that would still require some different dialogue).

I agree that the name they’re calling it is at the very least slightly worrying, though. Blood and Madness is the name for the specific patch last year, not the festival as a whole. The fact that they’re using that specific name instead of a new one or just calling it Halloween… might be a bad sign.

Still, I’m trying to remain optimistic. They are on a significant LS break right now, so in theory they should have some time to whip up a new Halloween storyline.