Question about LW seasons

in Living World

Posted by: ChickenFeet.7563

ChickenFeet.7563

I only recently purchased this game about a month ago and finally got to level 80 on my warrior and now attempting to do HoT story and the LW story mode. Since I researched online and many have said that as long as I log in during the time the chapters are released, they are “free”.

My question is, for how long?
Do I need to complete that chapter before the timer runs out? Otherwise I have to pay for that chapter?
Or as long as I “start” the quest, it will be there when I feel ready to attempt it?

Seems kind of wierd as LW3 continues where HoTs story left off, but i haven’t finished HoTs yet…. So I’m sort of lost in terms of the story so far.

Lastly, will LW seasons be available across all my characters if in the future I create a new char?

Thanks.

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

As long as you log in (as in select a character and load into any map, not just log in to character select), the current chapter is unlocked. You don’t need to start or complete any part of the living world chapter to keep it unlocked – once it’s unlocked, it’s unlocked for good.

The unlock is account-wide, so any character can play your unlocked chapters, even if characters you make in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Once you have your free unlock, it’s permanent… an easy way to see which episodes you’ve got for free is to go to the gem store. It only allows you to buy episodes that you don’t have.

You can start the episode at any time by activating it in the story journal in your Hero panel.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

When you first logged in about a month ago, you should have noticed a dancing green star, similar to the destination marker used in story exploration. When you clicked on that, it should’ve said that “Episode 6: One Path Ends” is unlocked. You might not have noticed at the time, being a new player who was slightly overwhelmed at starting the new game, but that is the indication that a new Living World chapter has just gone live. For the past year, the window to unlock the chapter has been about 2 months (the free periods are listed on the wiki for the relevant seasons). When Path of Fire goes live, it’s believed that LW4 should start about 2 months after that release date, but keep watching GW2’s main site for the official news release.