Questions about Bloodstone Fen / S3E1 desing.

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Sadly I missed the reddit AMA (busy playing or trying to play while it was going on).

However, having familiarized myself with this new map I had a few burning questions that just do not make sense to me right now. Before I get into it, I’ll say though that the map itself left a generally positive feeling, although my poor computer is kind of suffering because of everything going on in this map.

So, onto the questions…

1. Aerial Combat
This one should be easy enough, is this going to be a one off thing, or is this a test for potentially doing something vaguely similar on other new (or old?) maps? Not like combat with the glider is entirely new, but this is the first time we got an implementation that is less situational and more of a permanent fixture.

2. Mastery Integration
First of all, will the new mastery ability added in this episode have a use outside of story context? Second, assuming the new mastery line will expand in the future will it be more akin to say the Gliding mastery line vs the current Raid mastery line (ie. useful in multiple maps vs useful only when doing the story/very specific slice of content).

And last but certainly not least, why are the Aerial combat skills not a mastery line? This seems like such a perfect fit for its own Aerial combat mastery line. In comparison the one mastery that was added seems like something that shouldn’t be a mastery at all, but just a contextual ability specific to the relevant story instances.

in Living World

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

@ Mastery integration: You can already use it outside of story. When racing the jade constructs to the stalagmites, you have to counter their ability with the mastery or get ~15 stacks of confusion and torment.

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’m kind of glad they aren’t tied to the mastery system for the simple fact that I can stockpile mastery points for when they do expand on it. It was really frustrating wanting to do certain things in raids and realizing I would have to grind out adventure achievements just to get enough mastery points. I can’t help but think that’s part of the reason they didn’t include them in the mastery system.

Although with the amount of mastery points we got this patch it probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway. lol

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

From what I heard, other chapters will bring more 1 more Mastery each. I don’t know what they are planning, but if you haven’t maxed out all of them already, I would wait.

I’m kind of glad they aren’t tied to the mastery system for the simple fact that I can stockpile mastery points for when they do expand on it. It was really frustrating wanting to do certain things in raids and realizing I would have to grind out adventure achievements just to get enough mastery points. I can’t help but think that’s part of the reason they didn’t include them in the mastery system.

Although with the amount of mastery points we got this patch it probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway. lol