Quicksand Sirvivor Ach: How to get it.

in Living World

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

Ok as the title says. If you can get at least a few Rangers with Healing Springs, a Guardian, a Elementalist, and a thief with blast finisher (Cluster Bomb works fine).

What you do is have everyone stand near Quicksand (not in it). Have a few people stand in the quicksand but do not jump while people on the safe land heal you. Use your heal as well to keep your health up. The thief can blast the area heals to out do the Quicksand dmg. This is what we did to help people get the achievement.

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

in Living World

Posted by: ZloyMakak.1429

ZloyMakak.1429

I’ve done it solo today by ranger, here it is build I’ve used – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJBMhdSoC9CaFL4wCEtYANhqVA8+FmhY2dEMBPcJL6B-TRRLAB9o8DA9AQo+zs7PUmSQA-e
It’s not perfect (just took as much fat on me as I could at that moment), but I did it.
And I’ve used “Healing seed” item (don’t remeber exactly the name of it) to create water field to blast with warhorn.

in Living World

Posted by: Drawxne.6079

Drawxne.6079

Warriors can pop Defiant Stance right before the quicksand kills them to have the damage ticks heal them up enough to survive long enough to get the achieve. The Sure-Footed trait in the Defense line can help with the timing somewhat.

in Living World

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

As a ranger I just summoned the elite spirit with 5 in NM to get regen and at about 50% health, I used Troll Unguent to counteract the health loss. Got it with 2k hp to spare.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Living World

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

Or 1 mesmer with heal on mantra.

in Living World

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I just got this on my necromancer. 0/0/2/6/6, IV, III, IX, X, II, VIII, XII Well of blood, other wells… used well after about three hits, and then entered full death shroud at 6k HP left. Good luck guys!

in Living World

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

Aware of all of the simple builds people can use to get the achievement. This is simply put for thoughs that do it in groups. Good that people post there individual builds thoughs keep em coming

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

in Living World

Posted by: ArchieD.6972

ArchieD.6972

I’ve got my Ele built for healing with healing gear. I told a group of people (about 4) to jump in and I’d keep them healed up. It worked, they all got the achievement. Got it easy by myself too.

10 Level 80s | http://tinyurl.com/oj4e9hr
1900+ Hrs Played | http://tinyurl.com/ppq4ksz
No Precursor | http://tinyurl.com/njgsg3l

in Living World

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

I did it with my Ele (solo) and it was fairly simple, although any blocks and invuln skills don’t work here (i.e. Arcane Shield and Mist Form). I used staff so I had more healing ability. You really just have to time your heals accordingly to the ticks of damage.

For Staff Ele:
Wait 5 ticks: use #3 and #5 heal
Wait 5 more ticks: use #6 heal
Wait 5 more ticks: done!

Hope this helps for eles

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Be a warrior and use Defiant Stance, it’ll heal you during the duration as you take damage. Got this by total accident while trying to survive after loading into the pit in my attempts to get to the Legendary Llama.

in Living World

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I got it completely by accident with my cleric staff build Ele and have helped a few people doing it (at least I think they were doing it otherwise they liked eating sand or something) from the shore.

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Guardian + Tome of courage = piece of cake

in Living World

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Someone mentioned it in chat while I was about to cross and decided to see if I could. Of course I was on my necro so it was a cakewalk.
27k health + deathshroud at over 17k = easy. Just had to use my #6 once.

Hit 5k health, hit DS & emptied it, popped my healing (consume conditions) and a couple ticks later walked across for the finish.

in Living World

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Someone mentioned it in chat while I was about to cross and decided to see if I could. Of course I was on my necro so it was a cakewalk.
27k health + deathshroud at over 17k = easy. Just had to use my #6 once.

Hit 5k health, hit DS & emptied it, popped my healing (consume conditions) and a couple ticks later walked across for the finish.

Same for me but I had no clue what I was walking into (I was like, huh, weird spot for a sun crysta…ahhh I’m dying stupid sand…must…keep…walking…). Managed to walk out the other side with my Ele just fine, though.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There has to be a better way to do this. It shouldn’t require such specific build combos.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

There has to be a better way to do this. It shouldn’t require such specific build combos.

It doesn’t, but respeccing is free, so why not?