Quitting an episode

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

I think this feature needs to be reworked : currently quitting an episode doesn’t remove the landmarks of its mission on the map and the episode is still greyed on the UI.

When you quit an episode you want it to disappear completely ! Having to do it all over again in proper order to get rid of it is really annoying.

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Um. It does disappear O_O. Or at least it does for me. Have you maybe not finished that episode all the way through the first time? That’s the only reason I can think of for it not disappearing.

But for me, I open the story panel, click “quit this episode” and then change maps (if I don’t change maps the little markers still appear on the world map, but the quest tracker UI disappears completely).

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Lyndis.4653

Oh I see the map marks do indeed disappear :o

The UI icon is still greyed but I can live with that^^

I also had a buggy experience on one of my character where the last episode would start each time I’d quit an episode (even the once that launches itself) but I just finished it in order to get rid of the bug.

Thank you for the tip ! I’d just start and quit over and over again in town and get mad because of it, now I’m finally at peace The quit feature should probably update the map indicators instantly but it’s okay : clearly not a priority.

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Amanzaman.1297

Amanzaman.1297

I dont get this..I want to quit an episode,because its too annoying for me to play it right now,and just want to go exploring,etc.I press quit this episode,but the green pointer in the right upper corner is still there even if I change the map..I need to loose it entirely..is that possible?
thank you

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Lyndis.4653

When I had a problem on my mesmer there was nothing I could do : quitting the episode would make me restart at the latest released instantly.

It only happened on this particular character, the 8 others didn’t have this issue but a few of them still had some personal story going preventing them from this issue.

I couldn’t find a solution and just finished the latest episode at that time, it’s fine since then. The only difference between this character and all the others is that it was created after the feature pack that changed the trait system (before NPE though).

Quitting an episode

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

I would assume that if the character has not finished that episode the first time (which is essentially ‘story’ mode, since you can’t do achievements the first time) then the game counts it as their active story – similar to with the personal story. Which might explain why some people are unable to properly quit it.

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Lyndis.4653

I could quit episodes with other characters that didn’t do them without a problem. I’ll try and start episodes on such characters and see if I can quit without problem.

I wonder if there’s something going on like the game needs the personal story to have a conclusion and if you finish it after some LS S2 then it’s never considered finished because the LS episodes happened right after it without a proper closure and then you have to finish the latest episode to have a proper behaviour again.

That’s interesting : I’ll also try to finish a personal story to see if I can quit an episode properly after. Probably not today though since we’re getting a new toy

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Out of 6 80’s (all hit 80 pre-NPE), only one of mine has an issue with quitting an episode. That’s my warrior who completed the personal story post-NPE. The others all completed the personal story before, and I have no issue with removing the markers and green “direction” panel.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

What I find annoying is that if I quit an episode, it will show as a silver star in the story log, even if I have all the achievements done. And the only way to get rid of that would be to play through the whole episode again. I don’t know if it’s just me, but to me, it feels nice seeing the full completion icon next to each episode, and those silver “mid progress” stars tarry that list.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Amanzaman.1297

Amanzaman.1297

I would assume that if the character has not finished that episode the first time (which is essentially ‘story’ mode, since you can’t do achievements the first time) then the game counts it as their active story – similar to with the personal story. Which might explain why some people are unable to properly quit it.

Ur probably right,but thats exactly the problem-I dont want to finish it now.I dont want it to be active.I just want to quit it,leave it be,forget about it for the time beeing..whats the purpose of quit button if I can use it only when I finish the storyline that I do not want to finish now?!?

Quitting an episode

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

I completely get what you’re saying. But if you think of it as a continuation of the personal story, which it is meant to be, then being able to quit without having finished it doesn’t make much sense. You can’t quit the personal story, so you can’t quit the living story (with the exception of any subsequent play through of any chapter)

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

There is a option in the options menu where you can set specific or all markers off…

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Lyndis.4653

There is a option in the options menu where you can set specific or all markers off…

I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing, I just re-checked the option menu because of you and there’s nothing even remotely close to an option on living story landmarks.

Anyway I finished my test : I just concluded the personal story of another character (created day 1, nothing to do with NPE) and the last episode started right after it and will restart if I try to quit it.

This means I had the right understanding of the bug, hehehe. I’d like a QA spot in your team ANet

Anyway now that the bug is identified and easy to reproduce I’ll report it in the bugs forums.

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Yep, decided to clear out the super annoying VICTORY OR DEATH KILL ZHAITAN clutter on a few characters. Nope, now it’s [LIVINGSTORYTHING]. Quit this episode just pops up the latest.

Wish we had the UI customization that GW1 had.

Quitting an episode

in Living World

Posted by: Queen Minnie.3469

Queen Minnie.3469

Experiencing the exact same problem. Even if it is a continuation of the first story line, I think people should be given the option after killing Zhaitan. This is the first time I completed the story and I was looking forward to completing the map, before continuing on into the second chapter of the personal story. Now, however, it keeps pointing towards the new map, and clicking on quitting the chapter isn’t helping at all. Can someone please help?