Real life vs temporary availability of LS

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Remember you can convert gold to gems. It’s only 400 gems.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This again. Well like Lazaar said, 400 gems. That should be about 50-60 gold in game at present. Run some dungeons if you’re morally opposed to paying for content. Shouldn’t take you more than a few days.
However I will warn you, ANet has recently announced an expansion, and you’ll have to pay for that as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

TLDR/To keep it short, please revise the decision to pay for parts of the Living World Story, it’s not fair to people who have a busy personal life and wish to enjoy the game to it’s fullest with a strickt budget.

200 Gems is a lot I agree, though unlocking this stuff is merely “Logging in to Launcher”
You don’t even have to update the game for it, just login to the launcher within a 336 hour window and you’ve got it unlocked.

Anyone is able to do this, even if you have a laptop that doesn’t support the game, it will still handle the launcher and gives you login credits.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There have been times in the recent past where I couldn’t log on for a certain period, causing me to miss out on certain parts of my personal story. No big deal, since I could always catch up later, when my personal life wasn’t so chaotic. But now, with the Living World Season 2, I suddenly have to pay for it?

You actually couldn’t catch up to Season 1 if you missed it – paying or no paying, so i’d say it’s an improvement. After all, you can farm gold for those gems and unlock it that way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I’m busy too, but logging in once every two weeks literally only takes as much time as a couple of mouse clicks to secure the content for when I do have time to play.

in Living World

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

QQ.
So tired of these threads. It’s $5. Get over it. It was plastered all over the place to log in these next two weeks to unlock that episode for free. All you had to do was log in within a TWO week timeframe. That’s it. But, you chose not to. Now you come here to rage at ANet when you have only yourself to blame.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

By using Window’s task scheduler to run a simple macro, you can automate the living story unlocks fairly easily. Simply set your launcher to automatically login, then get a macro to wait, press enter, wait, then alt-f4. You could even automate a computer to wake up just to unlock it and then go back to sleep, if for example you were planning to leave on vacation for an extended period.

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

My brother who cant even play this game right now, because his computers graphics card cant handle it, logs in every two weeks and gets access to the living world…all he does, logs in, clicks the button unlocking it, and then logs out….takes maybe 2 minutes, and hes so busy with school and homework that he has almost no free time for anything.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in Living World

Posted by: andreic.4679

andreic.4679

So expasion comes and players start to come back and after ~1 year or more of not playing.And frst thing they do come on forum to cry about LS. COME ON PEOPLE!!!
When s2 was about to start ~2 months b4 arena sad about story jurnal so if you didnt whant annything to do wit s2 its your problem.If you read annything about Ls (forums wiki etc) YOU CAN SEE THET ITS NOT HARD TO UNLOCK you can unlock it wit ~150g farm a litle and you can get 1 ep per ~3 days stop making discussions on how ls is lame- it was cool and it give life to this game.
admins (or what ever they calld on forum not big fan of forum so dont know) shod make 1 post about story journal thet all new players can find and see and stop spaming
same post ower and ower again.

Vorpp: Who let this creature out of its cage? Someone’s fired!

(edited by andreic.4679)

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

surely u can spare literally 50 SECONDS once every few weeks to log in and then immediatley log out

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

surely u can spare literally 50 SECONDS once every few weeks to log in and then immediatley log out

Or program your computer to log into the game and then shutdown every two weeks.

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Or program your computer to log into the game and then shutdown every two weeks.

Don’t do this. It could get your account suspended.

I don’t agree with the way they released LS2, especially with an expansion on the way, but using macros or third party programs to play the game for you (even something very simple) is clearly against the TOS.

in Living World

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

It’s funny. No one really complained much that they missed parts of Season One because they couldn’t play during the time it was available, aside from the one-off world changing event disasters. It’s gone. Can’t access it any more. Now, LS Season Two is available ALL THE TIME and people are complaining. Some folks would rather miss stuff completely than have the OPTION of getting the content at a later time. And they don’t even have to pay for it other than in a little time to get the gold to get gems.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

It’s funny. No one really complained much that they missed parts of Season One because they couldn’t play during the time it was available, aside from the one-off world changing event disasters. It’s gone. Can’t access it any more. Now, LS Season Two is available ALL THE TIME and people are complaining. Some folks would rather miss stuff completely than have the OPTION of getting the content at a later time. And they don’t even have to pay for it other than in a little time to get the gold to get gems.

Yeah, I much prefer the way Season Two was released. I missed a ton of Season One because I was busy, and then I got so behind I didn’t understand what was going on even when I did get to play, so there wasn’t much motivation to even try it.

I haven’t missed out on a single episode of Season Two even though I don’t have any more free time than I did last year. Not having to play during a set window of time makes all the difference. I just log in and grab the episode when it’s available, then play it when I can.

It’s also nice to have the gem store as a backup if for whatever reason I couldn’t get logged in during that time window. (Which didn’t actually happen for me during Season Two.) I see that as a benefit, not a bad thing.

in Living World

Guardian of Angels.9867

To be fair, the comments have been rather eaaaaasy…

They advised to put it on the forum, well there are other opinions on the forum too :/
Sorry

Most of us are giving you advise how you might be able to overcome your problem.
However, Anet can’t please everyone – doesn’t mean they have to re-imagine their system for those 1% users who don’t fit in their current one.

aka Holy Blood Guardian

in Living World

Posted by: Khazdingo.8501

Khazdingo.8501

Its about how anet handle this for player that stopped playing and came back because of the expansion news, suddenly we get this perception that anet is now a greedy company when the 200 gem is displayed when we go to lw menu. Please just remove the s2 forever as this feel really offensive to returning player and it really turn me off from the expansion as they can and will do this again in the future feeling will be in new and returning player mind.

in Living World

Guardian of Angels.9867

If Anet is smart, they will give you free acces to the entire S2 of LS once you bought the HoT expansion.

Otherwise players get the expansion and will have to cough up 1600 gems? for the introduction it :/

aka Holy Blood Guardian

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

If Anet is smart, they will give you free acces to the entire S2 of LS once you bought the HoT expansion.

Otherwise players get the expansion and will have to cough up 1600 gems? for the introduction it :/

That would indeed be a positive for the community.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Everyone that had to purchase season 2 would demand a refund. Everyone that already had season 2 would expect a discount.

If they were going to include it, they would likely offer it as a special bundle. It wouldn’t be free, but it would probably be 30-50% off in comparison to buying it separately. They’ll probably just put the episodes on sale just prior to launch however.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I don’t agree with the way they released LS2, especially with an expansion on the way, but using macros or third party programs to play the game for you (even something very simple) is clearly against the TOS.

Logging in with a macro to unlock the LS is not playing the game and does not give you an advantage over other players, which is specifically what the TOS says: anything that gives the player an advantage over the game or another player is against TOS. A.net wouldn’t tell people all they need to do is log in during the live release of each episode to unlock the story for free if they thought people would automate it.

If anyone wants to wait, they did say at the very beginning that some time after LS2 was finished they would offer all of the episodes in a bundle, most likely at less than an average of 200 gems per episode.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Everyone that had to purchase season 2 would demand a refund. Everyone that already had season 2 would expect a discount.

Business models aren’t about being “fair” so much as they are about being opportunities. Being that I only missed one episode, while for the others I logged in for ten minutes on patch day to unlock the episode for free… I do not expect to get a discount on the expansion HoT.

It just doesn’t make sense. When Season 2 first came out, nobody knew it was leading up to an expansion. You purchase at your own risk, that’s how the gaming market works.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Logging in with a macro to unlock the LS is not playing the game and does not give you an advantage over other players, which is specifically what the TOS says: anything that gives the player an advantage over the game or another player is against TOS. A.net wouldn’t tell people all they need to do is log in during the live release of each episode to unlock the story for free if they thought people would automate it.

While I don’t want to start a debate of something entirely different, there is a point where one would use those same line of commands for more nefarious activities. You’re going half way. The TOS specifically states NO third party programs. Zero. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to be “responsible” with said program, it’s still bad juju.

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While I don’t want to start a debate of something entirely different, there is a point where one would use those same line of commands for more nefarious activities. You’re going half way. The TOS specifically states NO third party programs. Zero. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to be “responsible” with said program, it’s still bad juju.

Actually what it says is: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/
“Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. “bot”) or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;”

In other words, it can’t change or modify operations of the game. A program that only logs you in then out should be ok. As another example, ANet has ok’d the use of macros to play the musical instruments sold in the gem store.