Really? Can't just walk to Lake Doric?

in Living World

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Making people buy the stupid portal scroll to quickly get alts to Lake Doric isn’t even that much of a gold sink guys. What gives? Way more of an inconvenience than a positive feature IMO.

I can see how Anet didn’t just want people jumping into the new map before doing the first story instance, but after completing the episode there’s no reason to lock the portal to other characters. At least I have shared inventory slots to easily port alts in, but if you don’t have them, it’s doubly silly lol..

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

One does not simply.. walk into lake Doric..

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

what?
what is this about now?
the portal
to lake doric
is right there
in divinity’s reach

Like, literally all you have to do is listen to jennah’s blabbering and and GO THERE..
come one.. you can’t seriously be this lazy?

in Living World

Randulf.7614

what?
what is this about now?
the portal
to lake doric
is right there
in divinity’s reach

Like, literally all you have to do is listen to jennah’s blabbering and and GO THERE..
come one.. you can’t seriously be this lazy?

They assume mean they can’t go on an alt without doing chapter 1 first or a protal scroll. They want to be able to walk in w/o either requirement.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They assume mean they can’t go on an alt without doing chapter 1 first or a protal scroll. They want to be able to walk in w/o either requirement.

So long as you’ve done Chapter 1 on a character, why not open it up for the account? Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that how the map for Part 3 works?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

So long as you’ve done Chapter 1 on a character, why not open it up for the account? Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that how the map for Part 3 works?

No idea. I’m assuming based on what the OP is saying

in Living World

Posted by: shintenhouji.4703

shintenhouji.4703

Making people buy the stupid portal scroll to quickly get alts to Lake Doric isn’t even that much of a gold sink guys. What gives? Way more of an inconvenience than a positive feature IMO.

I can see how Anet didn’t just want people jumping into the new map before doing the first story instance, but after completing the episode there’s no reason to lock the portal to other characters. At least I have shared inventory slots to easily port alts in, but if you don’t have them, it’s doubly silly lol..

I have the same question/complaint. Already done with Chapter 1 with one toon, but I cannot bring my other toons to lake doric without either of the requirements. I hope Lake Doric can be unlocked account-wide once one toon has access to it.
Some things I find weird regarding the Lake Doric portals:
1. An alt toon uses the portal to go to Lake Doric, but the alt toon still cannot use the portal coming from Divinity’s Reach. Really a minor issue because WP can be used, but it is just really weird.
2. Use the portal exiting to Arca Lake, but cannot return to Lake Doric because the portal does not exist on Arca Lake’s side.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

for what it’s worth:

I just took an alt to DR. The portal was not open and the NPC refused access. I’ve completed the story on one character and started it on another.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I can’t confirm it at the moment, but I believe all the Season 3 maps are locked unless the character progresses through the story or buys the portal map.

in Living World

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

I can’t confirm it at the moment, but I believe all the Season 3 maps are locked unless the character progresses through the story or buys the portal map.

It is not locked for Bitterfrost, once I completed the 1st part on one character, I can just walk my alts thru the portal. The other new maps are locked until you do the 1st part of the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

There is also a portal in Harathi Hinterlands that leads you to Lake Doric ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

There is also a portal in Harathi Hinterlands that leads you to Lake Doric ^^

I haven’t found it yet, but my guildmates say it’s a one way exit to Harathi, but I’m not sure.

btw, I haven’t heard anyone say it out loud yet, so I wondering about the pronounciation. Harati, Harafi, Harasi, Harafthi..

in Living World

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

You can use the portal from both directions. Harati is the right pronounciation I think.

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

It is indeed a one way portal. You can go through from Lake Doric’s side, but on the side of Harathi (actual proper spelling) Hinterlands there is no portal to be seen so nothing to go through.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

You can use the portal from both directions. Harati is the right pronounciation I think.

It is one way. I exited to Harathi, but could not return to Lake Doric from the same side.

in Living World

Posted by: khorren.3702

khorren.3702

It is one way. I exited to Harathi, but could not return to Lake Doric from the same side.

You can go Hirathi to Doric. Talk to the villager on the boat, she’ll take you back

Jade Quarry :: [BPA] :: [SF]

in Living World

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

btw, I haven’t heard anyone say it out loud yet, so I wondering about the pronounciation. Harati, Harafi, Harasi, Harafthi..

We can assume it’s mostly west-coast US pronunciation if they do nothing else, so it would most likely be:

Ha-Raaa-Thee

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You can go Hirathi to Doric. Talk to the villager on the boat, she’ll take you back

Good to know!

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.