Rebuilding Kessex Hills and Lion's Arch

in Living World

Posted by: Tuskin.2548

Tuskin.2548

So why hasn’t the Kessex Hills or Lion’s Arch been rebuilt or in the case of Kessex been changed and will it ever be changed or rebuilt?

Lion’s Arch has changed since the battle but its still in ruins. This ruins immersion in all of the Personal Story missions that take place in Lion’s Arch. The worst one is when joining the Vigil and the player meets them in Fort Marriner. Before the city’s destruction, the fort was filled with Vigil and now there are no Vigil and during the Personal Story, it feels very empty. Adding multiple areas for crafting and trading posts have helped though.

The Kessex Hills hasn’t changed at all since the Toxic Living World updates. The ruins are still littered around the map, Krait are still toxic, toxic events are still active despite Scarlet being dead and Fort Salma is literally a hole in the ground that just takes up space.

in Living World

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

It’s simply evolution of the game. Does it serve a purpose? I think not. As for me Anet may reset the original gameworld after every season, While keeping the new maps. Is it important?

in Living World

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Well, it does feel weird watching those workers hammering the same nail day after day for months.

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

It’s simply evolution of the game. Does it serve a purpose? I think not. As for me Anet may reset the original gameworld after every season, While keeping the new maps. Is it important?

Where would you get that idea? There hasn’t been any indication that it would be reset to how it was originally. (also that would just be incredibly lazy and not make any sense)

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It would be nice to have Kessex Hills cleaned up eventually, from a purely aesthetic sense.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Is it important?

Yes, it actually is important to me.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Well, it does feel weird watching those workers hammering the same nail day after day for months.

Specially when some of them are not even holding a hammer…

in Living World

Posted by: CrimeDog.5614

CrimeDog.5614

To be honest, this is a topic that has been beat to death by the forums for many a months now, especially for Lion’s Arch. There has been no indication on any future plans for both maps. It is definitely a general consensus among players to have Lion’s Arch and even Kisses Hills rebuild. There has been a wide variety of recommendations and requests as to what to do with both maps, but unfortunately at this time it looks like we’re going to have to resort to both maps continuing to be in a destroyed state.

I’d personally love to see some sort of ‘group effort,’ as it were, to where players would have to make donations and help build buildings by picking up hammers, building materials, etc, and having a progress bar that slowly filled up depending on the player’s involvement with the rebuilding. That would truly feel like we were ‘shaping the face of Tryia,’ but only time will tell.

in Living World

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Personally, I quite like it that the two maps haven’t been “fixed”. It gives Tyria an actual evolving face. Though it would be good to have the mobs reflect that change

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

I even saw some of them putting beams in place, and when they walk away the beams disapear and they come back with the same beam.. Yea.. that was it is gonna take years to finished LA.

but seriously, though, that place NEEDS to be rebuild by now

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Never fear. Hero-Tron is on the job!

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Kessexs hills is the source of toxic spores so another way of getting those would be needed. Lions arch will eventually be rebuilt. Personally not in a hurry.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Toxic Spore availability can be easily solved by having a few clusters spawn in every single map. The logic behind this is that the destruction of the Tower of Nightmares spread the spores far and wide on the winds, and they’re only now starting to germinate.

in Living World

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

It’s obvious Isn’t[space]it? Sylvari are secretly sabotaging it.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Kessexs hills is the source of toxic spores so another way of getting those would be needed. Lions arch will eventually be rebuilt. Personally not in a hurry.

Spores can last for years. They probably spread like weeds if they aren’t cut down regularly.

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Is it important?

Yes, it actually is important to me.

I’m sorry to hear that

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Living World

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

I would love to see somewhat retaurations in Lion’s Arch. Not a complete "hey look the city is all fresh and new like nothing ever happened’ feeling but still some bridges that slowly repair a new merchant or function popping up here and there. Something making it feel dynamic again.

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

It was stated in an earlier thread about Kessex Hills and Lions Arch that some of the debris is to large to dismantle and will forever remain in place. As for Lions Arch, walk around and you will see tiny changes all the time, tiny, but changes still…it’s a long process when 75% of your population is killed and the others are still living as refugees.

in Living World

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I was in Lion’s Arch the other day, after Wintersday, and they added a dialog between Ho-Ho Tron and the workers (or about Ho-Ho Tron, I don’t remember). It means they didn’t completely forget about it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it rebuilt in the first episode of season 3 (or in HoT, whatever that is). Kessex Hills are full of muddy peasants: why should mighty heroes like ourselves care about their fate?

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I recall the time frame of the game is the same as the real world time frame and last i checked u cant rebuild a whole city in a year. The devs know what they r doing so give it time.