Renown Hearts at Lake Doric

in Living World

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

First things first: It’s a good thing, Events give Progression to the Heart tasks when completed. Doing Events is now even more rewarding, and I’m really happy with the possibilities to fill the Hearts But even so, the Heart tasks in Lake Doric are time-consuming as never before.

The white mantle is well organized and tough. Fighting the clerics or mesmers takes (comparatively) time, if you are solo, and it’s with no ordinary “trash mob” to compare. Killing these foes gives about 2 – 3 % heart progression (I dont know). Everything else seems completly the same. Extinguish fire, set traps, destroy traps, … It makes no noticeable different. Especially the Heart task at Saidra’s Haven is completly over the top. I collected 10 units of Seafood = makes about 15 % progression. Even with the 2 or 3 events around, completing this heart takes more than 15minutes, which is with no other heart in the game to compare. (I know, that I’m speaking of. 28 times of 100 % world completion.)

After 7 times of 100 % Lake Doric map completion, I’m feeling tired of doing Saidra’s Haven and the Harvest Cascades Hearts. The rest is … okay. Could be better, but okay.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

(edited by Maria Murtor.7253)

in Living World

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

Agreed 100%.

Plus, I find some of the hearts very unintuitive. I was doing the first Renown Heart in Doric’s Landing with two friends of mine. There were these boxes everywhere, so we picked them up, but then we were completely clueless about what to do with them. Give them to the Heart guy? No… Give them to the guards around there? No… Okay, let’s read the heart’s description… Not helpful either.
Same with the weird seafood and pearls we got from the small cages at another Renown Heart. We had all this stuff in our inventories, but couldn’t find anyone to give it to, even after reading the item’s description. So we just did something else.

I’ve done 100% map completion “only” nine times, but I feel like the ones in Lake Doric are the worst designed Renown Hearts in the whole game.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I can give some tips since I caved and decided to map complete on my other characters.

For the heart of the west end of the map, ignore the ration kits and go south to the training area. You want to do the shield blocking which takes maybe 10 blocks to complete the heart. This is the fastest that I have found to complete it.

For Loamhorst, go to all of the traps and collect everything. Kill all crabs and scales that spawn. Save the seafood for Saidra as you’ll be killing two birds with one stone. If you can hop do a different instance then do so but this likely won’t be an option in a few weeks after everyone abandons the map. Putting out fires is fairly quick to add progression. If there’s a defend event or skirmish, I try to tag mobs.

The bazaar’s heart if probably the quickest to complete. Just fight the overzealous villagers. They give decent progression and you can usually complete the heart after maybe 7 of them. There also seems to be a bug where if you feed one of the seraph some corn outside the west gate when the bar is above 60%, the heart will instantly complete.

Fort Evenia’s heart goes quickly if you know how to avoid detection. Using water from the well to put out the forge in the first area adds a decent amount of progression. This usually takes me a few minutes to complete.

Saidra is one of the longer ones to complete as nothing yields decent progression. This was why I suggested farming the traps at Loamhorst. One of the cooks will take the seafood which should reward progression depending on how many you turned in. The quickest way seems to be during the defend event and just tagging as many mobs as you can.

For Nolan, the defend event seems to be the quickest. I noticed that some of the ghosts, after their event completes, award decent progression but it could have been a fluke. This is probably the grindiest one to complete.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I can give some tips since I caved and decided to map complete on my other characters.

For the heart of the west end of the map, ignore the ration kits and go south to the training area. You want to do the shield blocking which takes maybe 10 blocks to complete the heart. This is the fastest that I have found to complete it.

For Loamhorst, go to all of the traps and collect everything. Kill all crabs and scales that spawn. Save the seafood for Saidra as you’ll be killing two birds with one stone. If you can hop do a different instance then do so but this likely won’t be an option in a few weeks after everyone abandons the map. Putting out fires is fairly quick to add progression. If there’s a defend event or skirmish, I try to tag mobs.

The bazaar’s heart if probably the quickest to complete. Just fight the overzealous villagers. They give decent progression and you can usually complete the heart after maybe 7 of them. There also seems to be a bug where if you feed one of the seraph some corn outside the west gate when the bar is above 60%, the heart will instantly complete.

Fort Evenia’s heart goes quickly if you know how to avoid detection. Using water from the well to put out the forge in the first area adds a decent amount of progression. This usually takes me a few minutes to complete.

Saidra is one of the longer ones to complete as nothing yields decent progression. This was why I suggested farming the traps at Loamhorst. One of the cooks will take the seafood which should reward progression depending on how many you turned in. The quickest way seems to be during the defend event and just tagging as many mobs as you can.

For Nolan, the defend event seems to be the quickest. I noticed that some of the ghosts, after their event completes, award decent progression but it could have been a fluke. This is probably the grindiest one to complete.

Great tip using shield blocking to get that heart! The rest of the stuff just seems to take forever. Putting out the fires helps too if you know where the water buckets are.

In Loamhurst check the outer walls because you can repair flags. Some have tattered flags and some have just the holder so they are a bit hard to see and you have to get right up on them to get the repair option. Those can help fill the heart too.

Fort Evenia avoiding detection is more patience than anything. In the rooms other than the one with the forge all the npcs will eventually leave the room so you have to watch their pathing. For the forge you have to wait for the walking npcs to leave and the forge guy to go away from the forge so that his back is to you when you poison the rations. Also for a lot of the areas if you can get behind the rations or document barrel and into a corner so that they are between you and the npcs you seem to have a better chance at not being detected though the npc does have to be the right distance away from you or out of the room for it to be successful.

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Be careful with this heart. When you feed a hungry seraph, they will take all your food from the fishing cages, both crawdads and fresh seafood (At least if you don’t have any corn on you. I’ve never tried it with corn, so I don’t know what happens if you do).

The pearl merchant is in the house south of the waypoint, by the way, and handing over your pearls advances the heart as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

So THAT is what they are doing. I keep gathering a lot of food, feeding a seraph, then having none for the next one so fill the bar killing WM.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Be careful with this heart. When you feed a hungry seraph, they will take all your food from the fishing cages, both crawdads and fresh seafood (At least if you don’t have any corn on you. I’ve never tried it with corn, so I don’t know what happens if you do).

The pearl merchant is in the house south of the waypoint, by the way, and handing over your pearls advances the heart as well.

What you just said is what I figured out last night. It explains why the seafood was disappearing on me as I was making a counter clockwise rotation when doing map completion for my characters. They were meant to be used at Saidra.

I guess it’s one way to quickly complete that heart as each individual food they take counts and you’re turning them in all at one. A bit incessant though with how easy it is to complete anyway compared to a couple others on the map.