Replacing Trahearne

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Trahearne is probably the worst aspect of the living story. So, rather then sharing colorful stories of his theoretical demise, lets provide the writers with possible replacements as the Pact Marshal.

Rules:

• The character in question must have some experience with a military body, or have great experience with dragons.
  • The character in question must not be a part of any of the three orders, nor the bureaucracy of any of the 5 races. I am willing to accept dishonored former members of racial bureaucracies.
  • The character in question must not be confirmed dead. (example: We never recovered Tybalt’s body. Its plausible, however very very unlikely, that he survived.)
  • No Sylvari, no Quaggans, no exceptions

My personal nomination: Evennia

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Duke of Thorin.7425

Duke of Thorin.7425

I nominate:

The Player Character.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

(For what it’s worth, I do like Trahearne. That’s not a universally-shared opinion, but I hope he’s not dead.)

I wouldn’t want to see a replacement Marshall. The writers could pull an unaffiliated character that has the powerful mutual respect of the Orders out of thin air, but I think it would be far more interesting (and believable) to have a fragmented Pact instead. A leader from each of the Orders would be able to represent their faction as they try to work together, possibly with the occasional mediation or executive decision from the Pact Commander.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

When the leader dies, leadership automatically transfers to the second in command. That’s how an hierarchical command structure works.

In other words, the player character. Ah yeah.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Hero-tron.

Evolution is coming. Next new playable race…Golem.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I don’t want Trahearne replaced, just his voice actor. The guy has no sense of urgency or personality when reciting his lines.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Apolus.3157

Apolus.3157

Trahearne is not a a bad character. Killing him now would just be fanservice.
But if they really want to kill him they should let him grow first.

And to get back on-topic: Professor Gorr

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Seeing as we’re seemingly the second-in-command, we’d probably be the ones to take his place. I hope he’s not dead…the problem isn’t him so much as it is how he was thrown into the story at Claw Island (unless you’re going through the Sylvari Personal story were you at least see him early on for a bit/while).

And he’s not even a bad aspect in the Living Story, let alone the worst. Plenty of other problems come to mind regarding it, but that’s for other threads.

I’m still curious what happened to him. He didn’t seem to get corrupted, since I didn’t see him attacking Logan or Eir, but he just vanishes after the rest of the sylvari attack them. So, seems like they’re still deciding whether they want to commit to killing/corrupting him or not.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

The PC can’t command the pact as Marshall, as (s)he is affiliated with a specific order.

Not sure who else I’d nominate for the position.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

It would be the PC , but i seriously wouldn’t want to bother with all the tedious stuff that comes attached to it like ( and not limited to )

1. Reviewing troops
  2. Reviewing supplies
  3. Reading reports
  4. Meeting with other pact commanders to plan and debate
  5. Inspecting ships ( or what’s left of them )
  6. Being surrounded by thousands of other pact Marshals
  7. Not having who to blame for failure up on the command chain
  8. Not being able to have free time to go on a wild goose egg chase.
  9. Dealing with the other orders in the pact
  10. Dealing with all the races in the pact

I’d much rather be the second in command and

1. Not having to review troops
  2. Not having to revie supplies
  3. Not having to read reports
  4. Meeting with other pact commanders to plan and debate click and make the best decision ever.
  5. Not having to inspecting ships ( or what’s left of them )
  6. Being surrounded by thousands of other pact commanders
  7. Having someone to blame for failure up on the command chain
  8. Being able to have free time to go on a wild goose egg chase.
  9. Not having to deal with the other orders in the pact
  10. Not having to deal with all the races in the pact
  11. Being able to run around a library filled with people who live and breath that place to waste time look for very important books
  12. Hang out with the biconics

and more

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’m not at all certain the Pact itself, much less its Marshal, survived that battle. Something tells me the alliance that “takes the fight to Mordremoth” might be a bit different.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Lord Faren gets my vote.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

I like Trahearne and hope he survives.

As for a replacement, how about Palawa Joko?

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: Illecandra.3219

Illecandra.3219

Don’t kill Trahearne.

Really, please don’t, it would be the biggest disappointment of my experience with the storyline so far.

Personally I want to see him make a comeback with the Pact from the disaster of the airship wipe. Though with the Sylvari and Mordremoth situation that might make it very difficult.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Hero-tron.

Evolution is coming. Next new playable race…Golem.

But he doesn’t have legs, or feet!? It will destroy the gear system :P

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: KerryTT.4792

KerryTT.4792

We would need someone that matches Trahearne’s charisma and keen grasp of tactics. I would have recommended Drooburt but he has sadly passed on. Another great loss for the Pact.

Replacing Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: PseudoNewb.5468

PseudoNewb.5468

Replace Trahearne as pact Marshall, or replace Trahearne as the guy who moves the story along because Anet can’t figure out how to make the player character be central to the story. Trahearne has already been replaced by the B-Iconics in the 2nd role, and people are already getting annoyed at them. This role doesn’t just support the bridge, they are the support, structure, and roadtop, while the player character is just a car driving along it.

I don’t want Trahearne replaced, just his voice actor. The guy has no sense of urgency or personality when reciting his lines.

But… that IS Trahearne’s personality. If the lines where overacted, then it would be contrary to his character. Trahearne’s voice is subdued and cold at time. He acting is consistent and has variance for the situation. The voicework appropriately moves between Trahearne’s range from bored to slightly agitated in the right situations.