Returning with friends and we go wtf...

in Living World

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Well, returning player, stoped playing a bit after the fractals, just at the start of the living story thingy. So, considering the announcements and all, i decided to give the game a try for the old times and also got a few friends interested on it, considering how much time has passed i thought we will have LOTs of things to do…

Oh how wrong i was.

For real? charging to play OLD content? how do i tell my friends now “the game has nice storyline, you just have to pay 120 USD per chapter to enjoy it, and forget about the first half, you can`t play it anymore LOL”.

Who… who told you guys this was a good idea…? Not only for returning players, OLDER returning players, but for new players too, not only they are missing HALF your updates, they have to pay for the other half…?

This bad, this is facebook cashgrab game bad. Even if i left, i always considered this to be a serious AAA mmorpg. My friends feel SCAMMED just by paying 10 USD for the game, no matter how much content they can do, being locked away from part of it feels just WRONG.

I came with 5 friends. One already unninstalled the game.

in Living World

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s 2,5 USD per chapter and it’s free as long as you log in into the game within two weeks of those releases. That makes it 17,5 USD for all chapters (the last one should still be free). Good thing you didn’t notice how much content was deleted because it was temporary.

in Living World

Why do i have to pay for OLDER content in a BUY TO PLAY game in the first place?
Why my friends can`t do the first part of the living story?
Is their fault for not buying the game earlier? is my fault for not logging in for 2 years?

17.5 USD could be a nice game on steam, considering we already PAYED for the game, why we have to pay even further? why my friends can`t enjoy all the game they payed for?

What is this nonesense really…

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You do not have to pay.
You can either simply not do it or you can join someone that have it unlocked and play it that way.

You are also ignoring the fact that you can trade gold to gems and unlock them that way.

I also have a feeling your friend have no idea what being scammed means. This is not something hidden. This has been outright stated multiple times, and if people had just spent a few minutes looking around the web they would have been fully aware of this change.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Is their fault for not buying the game earlier? is my fault for not logging in for 2 years?

Yes. Yes it is.

Sometimes there’s an opportunity, and if you miss it, it’s gone.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Firedancer.8350

Firedancer.8350

Yes. Yes it is.

Yes, but… but…but… they missed LS 1 and Anet is not charging them for missing that, how unfair they should have to pay for LS 2 when they missed it…

oh wait, they will never be able to replay LS1 but WILL be able to play LS2 when they pay for it..

Yes, that sounds terrible unrealistic and unfair to me too :-S

*sarcasm off

in Living World

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Lol what a thread. Relax man…

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in Living World

Yes. Yes it is.

That is a “real life” issue there. The kind of things you would expect to be out of a game sincerely. Leaving players OUTSIDE your game`s story is not wise in anyway, charging them for that when you are not a sub-based and on top of that a B2P which market strategy was “pay once, play all you want” isn`t wise neither. kitten , even sub-based games you can just pay your sub after 4 years of innactivity and do 8 years old quests if you missed one, this is just lol.

I knew that after 2 years the only players would be remaining on this forums would be die hard white knight, but this is amazing LOL.

No one sees nothing wrong with this, like… for real? Guess Anet could also try charging gems for entering dungeons and on one will say a thing…

(edited by Alexander Dragonfang.1759)

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Tasty tears. Mhhh.

Seriously though, there’s nothing dishonest about any of this. The base game is B2P. So is the additional content, as it is with every other game ever. Only Anet is nice enough to make it free for active players who bother to log in ONCE for ONE SECOND during those two weeks. Can’t bother with that? Don’t complain it ain’t free anymore.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

You are still ignoring the fact that you can get gems via gold thus not paying anything. OR you can join someone that have them unlocked without even trading gold for gems.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

1 ) It was free to get
2 ) You can still get season 2 without forking out cash (gold->gems , or play with someone that has it unlocked )
3 ) Real life issues . Yeah we can’t have everything now can we? You dealt with RL and lost some insignificant stuff in a virtual world and you complain about it , guess the RL issue wasn’t that big.
4 ) Following your logic does that mean you don’t even want to hear about HoT ? A PAID EXPANSION, OUTRAGEOUS !!!!
5 ) This is no whiteknighting , it’s just plain simple responses to entitled ppl.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

That is a “real life” issue there. The kind of things you would expect to be out of a game sincerely. Leaving players OUTSIDE your game`s story is not wise in anyway, charging them for that when you are not a sub-based and on top of that a B2P which market strategy was “pay once, play all you want” isn`t wise neither. kitten , even sub-based games you can just pay your sub after 4 years of innactivity and do 8 years old quests if you missed one, this is just lol.

I knew that after 2 years the only players would be remaining on this forums would be die hard white knight, but this is amazing LOL.

No one sees nothing wrong with this, like… for real? Guess Anet could also try charging gems for entering dungeons and on one will say a thing…

Anet is a business. They need to make money. Customers like you, who buy the box and never want to open their wallets after that for any reason are not the likes they design their business around because that would be suicide for the company.

They’re not asking you to blow 15 bucks a month whether you play a hour or 100 hours. They’re not forcing you to pay to unlock the LS episodes either. You can either log in when they’re up, or pay if you like. If you’re only interested in the story you can find someone who has them unlocked and join them in a party to play them.

I sincerely don’t know how they could be any more fair with it, and still expect to make some money with the game, to be able to make those LS episodes in the future, too. Can you propose me a business model that is more fair, yet would still give them the necessary income to keep developing the game?

They’ve also said they would like to release LS1 in purchasable/unlockable episodes some time in the future, but are not sure how to do it yet. Needless to say, it would require quite a bit of reworking the releases to convert them into playable single-player episodes and still not miss most of the related story.

To me it looks like you’re expecting the company to give everything for free, forever. Again, please let me know how do you think that would work business-wise?

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Tasty tears. Mhhh.

Seriously though, there’s nothing dishonest about any of this. The base game is B2P. So is the additional content, as it is with every other game ever. Only Anet is nice enough to make it free for active players who bother to log in ONCE for ONE SECOND during those two weeks. Can’t bother with that? Don’t complain it ain’t free anymore.

FFXIV let`s me play 1 year old content. WoW let`s me play 8 years old content. RO let`s me play 10 years old content. TSW let`s me play 3 years old content. There you have sub-based, B2P and F2P examples. And is like this in pretty much ALL MMO`s on the market.

You know what they do? they might or not charge you for TIME (sub-based) or FUTURE content (B2P-F2P). but they don`t charge you OLD content. I don`t know how i have to explain this in the year 2015 lol.

Worse, they already locked out all new players of the MAIN narrative of the game for pretty much one year. Is like buying a regular game, but since one year passed, you have to start halfway into the argument. Second, you already bought the game, but you have now to pay for the 90% of the remaining argument because you TOOK TOO LONG TO BUY IT. Imagine starting metal gear solid at the Rex boss fight LOL, you can`t play half disc 1 and you have to buy 90% of the disc 2 to properly understand why you are fighting Rex, which you even after paying will not know cause you can`t play like 40% of the game anyway. Sound smart? no, because, lol no, thats not how you do games. LOL.

New players right now go like:
-personal story
-BIG SPACE OF EMPTYNESS BECAUSE YOU DIDN`T BOUGHT THE GAME ON TIME OR LOGED IN IN TWO YEARS, THE SCOURGE OF THE UNFAITHFUL!
-hey nice to see you again! remember the things we did? no? well, nvm, pay to play them even if you already payed for them and try to guess what happend, maybe look for youtube videos.

And don`t even mention buying chepters with gold transactions per gems, cause i have dirty 20 gold which i can`t even buy half the gems i need for 1 of the 7 episodes me and my friends are missing, not to mention this shouldn`t even be a thing in the first place.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

WoW let`s me play 8 years old content.

Let me know how playing the original zones and dungeons that were all reworked in Cataclysm is working for you, aight? Maybe stream on Twitch?

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Let me know how playing the original zones and dungeons that were all reworked in Cataclysm is working for you, aight? Maybe stream on Twitch?

They changed, but they still there, you are not paying to play them again, you are paying to PLAY. Very, very diferent.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

They changed, but they still there, you are not paying to play them again, you are paying to PLAY. Very, very diferent.

No they’re not there. You cannot ever play the quests and content on the original zones. They’re gone for good. No matter how much you pay for them, it’s gone and Blizzard isn’t going to open an “oldies goldies” server where the cataclysm never happened.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I am rather certain that I can play stuff released 2 year ago in Guild Wars 2 as well.
Fractals being a great example.
Or why not Southsun Cove?

Or more recent examples: Edge of the Mists, Skyhammer, Temple of the Silent Storm, Courtyard and Spirit Watch?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Cosmin.8306

The entitlement is strong in this one.

Ok since you seem to fond of WoW this is how you can solve the problem : Every month you buy 15$ worth of gems, the first time you are allowed to buy the ep your missing but after that, with the gems you buy , you get something for the gem shop and you delete it , each and every month, we’ll see how that works out for you.

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

Ok since you seem to fond of WoW this is how you can solve the problem : Every month you buy 15$ worth of gems, the first time you are allowed to buy the ep your missing but after that, with the gems you buy , you get something for the gem shop and you delete it , each and every month, we’ll see how that works out for you.

New gemstore item. Log-in booster! Use this booster to be able to log into GW2 for a month! Only 1200 gems!

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Im not fond of WoW, but well.

Your terrible analogy applies to FFXIV too. And is terrible, because i have payed 18$ for all 16 months FFXIV has been arround and i haven`t seen deleted any of my progress, all content remains accessible.

There is a diference between paying for time to access content and paying to access content. There is a diference between charging for OPTIONAL things like skins, dyes, finishers, etc and charging for MAIN STORY RELATED content. This is not like they are charging you for optional things, this is no diferent than a game that tells you to pay to increase your level cap, or access a new dungeon.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

120$ per chapter? Your math is TERRIBLE.

I REALLY think you need to sit down and THINK about this again…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

I am rather certain that I can play stuff released 2 year ago in Guild Wars 2 as well.
Fractals being a great example.
Or why not Southsun Cove?

Or more recent examples: Edge of the Mists, Skyhammer, Temple of the Silent Storm, Courtyard and Spirit Watch?

Yes, but you can`t do all LS1 quests, you can`t do unless you pay all LS2 quests.

How is it smart to lock your new and returning players away from your main story/argument progress? How do you marketing this anyway? “Hey, there champ! since our LS is so great, we can`t let you play it since you didn`t buy the game on time or didn`t log in, but here, pay for it, or even better, watch it on youtube now!”

Terrific market strategy right there.

in Living World

It could be 1 cent. The issue is the same.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE CONTENT?

Either you can trade gold for gems. OR you can join someone that have the content unlocked.

Paying with real money is one out of THREE options. Why do you only focus on that one while completely disregarding the other two?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Cosmin.8306

Because bias , and if we’re the whiteknights i guess this makes him the blacknight

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Yes, but you can`t do all LS1 quests, you can`t do unless you pay all LS2 quests.

How is it smart to lock your new and returning players away from your main story/argument progress? How do you marketing this anyway? “Hey, there champ! since our LS is so great, we can`t let you play it since you didn`t buy the game on time or didn`t log in, but here, pay for it, or even better, watch it on youtube now!”

Terrific market strategy right there.

You can’t play the special pre-expansion events in WoW either, but you seems to disregard that for some reason. I also seems to recall quite a bit of stuff in the original FFXIV that is no longer available after the re-release, but that doesn’t count either I suppose?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Novuake.2691

It could be 1 cent. The issue is the same.

As mentioned above, it could be FREE completely by doing it with a guild mate OR you swap out a bit of ingame gold for it.

Really, THINK about it. You CAN NOT judge something so quickly, its a common problem with people unfortunately.

in Living World

Why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE CONTENT?

Either you can trade gold for gems. OR you can join someone that have the content unlocked.

Paying with real money is one out of THREE options. Why do you only focus on that one while completely disregarding the other two?

Since gold has a relative market value cause can be traded for gems, gold and gems are exactly the same really, now, considering the trade values, for a new player buying this chapters is completely impossible, and by the time they are able to mass that many gold, who knows, Anet might even lock the LS2 away. So no, the gold one isn`t free.

The second option is reasonable, but since none of us can get into them lol, and considering there is people SELLING to be away with the trade of gems…. This is not a easy way, but well, better is nothing.

And third, this shouldn`t even be a thing. But since it is, i guess me and my friends will have to enjoy the spectacular story line of GW2 through youtube videos, because, you know, thats how you enjoy games today anyway.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Ah, you have simply already decided that it sucks and don’t really care about solutions, my bad then.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Tasty tears. Mhhh.

FFXIV let`s me play 1 year old content. WoW let`s me play 8 years old content. RO let`s me play 10 years old content. TSW let`s me play 3 years old content. There you have sub-based, B2P and F2P examples. And is like this in pretty much ALL MMO`s on the market.

one small correction – TSW lets you play 3 years of old content that shipped with the original game. Issues 6-10 you will need to pay for (for the side stories/bonus material – similar to what Anet does with Living story). In addition to this if you want to finish the main story from the box game you must buy certain issues to get to ‘end-game’ i.e. Tokyo.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

Since gold has a relative market value cause can be traded for gems, gold and gems are exactly the same really, now, considering the trade values, for a new player buying this chapters is completely impossible, and by the time they are able to mass that many gold, who knows, Anet might even lock the LS2 away. So no, the gold one isn`t free.

The second option is reasonable, but since none of us can get into them lol, and considering there is people SELLING to be away with the trade of gems…. This is not a easy way, but well, better is nothing.

And third, this shouldn`t even be a thing. But since it is, i guess me and my friends will have to enjoy the spectacular story line of GW2 through youtube videos, because, you know, thats how you enjoy games today anyway.

You will not even be playing Living World Season 2 as a new player! You need to A. Do Personal Story. B. Level to max. C. Catch up with Season 1 WHICH ISN’T EVEN available in game, so ANET was doing us all a 1 up by making it permanently available.

I make about 30Gold a day in CASUAL play only, Ive been PvPing a lot which does not have great rewards, since that is the cost of an episode, you REALLY can not complain.

Again, STOP complaining in ignorance.

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Yes, but you can`t do all LS1 quests

Exactly. LS1 you can’t play, unless you were in game for the 2 weeks when those episodes happened. Your friends cannot play LS1. Unless Anet finds a way to change them so that they can be released, your friends will never be able to play LS1.

When LS2 came around, Anet made a design change. Instead of having content that is there for 2 weeks, and then never able to be played again, they made content that is there for 2 weeks, and purchasable afterwards. Well, some of it. They also released huge chunks of open-world content that are there forever for anyone who owns the game.

As for your friends, if they are uninstalling the game after 2 days for their inability to access a fairly small amount of content they won’t be able to play for a long time, and which comes after the entirety of the base game from launch and most content added after launch… then they’re probably as temperamental and rude as you are, so I’m not really feeling much regret that they’re not around anymore.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I think that you should consider each ‘season’ of the Living Story to be an expansion pack, and Heart of Thorns is essentially the third expansion pack. The difference between the seasons is that the first two seasons [expansion packs] were available for free if you played during the release cycle, and were delivered in small chunks rather than in one big shop-purchased box.

If you buy the core game of any MMO, you get to play the core game. If you want to play the next phase of storyline you buy the expansion pack, and then you buy the next expansion pack and so on. Even with FFXIV, you’ll only get so much as part of your monthly subscription, once the Heavensward expansion releases, you’ll have to pay to access the new storyline content (and to subscribe).

Essentially you could look at it as that you’ve just bought the core game at a discount, the first expansion pack is currently unavailable due to supply issues, but hopefully it’ll eventually become available again. The second expansion pack costs $20 and can be purchased via the gem store in chunks by using real cash or in-game gold. The third expansion pack has just been announced.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Living World

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Oh my.

Alright, so what you’re saying is : “Anet, why do you charge me a one time fee for content I missed instead of a monthy sub fee. That would be so much better… even though unlocking all the available content forever, to play whenever I want costs me roughly the same as a measly month of playtime elsewhere!”

How, pray tell, have you reached this wondrous conclusion?

in Living World

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They changed from temporary (season 1) to permanent (season 2). Season 1 will be reworked and brought back to the game. There’s 3 ways (like others pointed out) to acces the living story content (which is only the story).

How much is the conversion atm? I guess it would be around 30g to unlock 1 episode. That’s not too bad. You can take your time and unlock them or pay with real money and unlock them right away. It’s just the story, you can still access everything else that came with it. And if you’re really dying to play the story content just team up with someone who has them.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Living World

Posted by: Chlupac.4936

Chlupac.4936

I paid for this game knowing that my class will be OP and they nerfed it! They destroyed my beloved Lion’s Arch! rawrr I can’t really play OLD contet I paid for!
Haha this topis is hilarious :-D

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Why do i have to pay for OLDER content in a BUY TO PLAY game in the first place?

“buy to play” means, you have to pay (thats how you buy something) for the content, you want to play at least once.

LS2 is not part of the “base game”, it is content, that was added later and A-Net decided to test “microtransactions” with this.

I do not thought, that was a good decision when they announced it in the past, but it is actually “buy to play”.

You still can play this without paying for it, when you play with a friend, that has the LS2 episodes unlocked. And of course the new maps are free also and need no unlock.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Hi, nice to meet you.

Maybe you didn’t do you research or maybe you didn’t believe them but the answer has been out there since long before the initial GW2 release.

The content you are complaining about is called Living World content, as in the idea that the GW2 world is a living breathing ever evolving thing.

Just like in real life(I assume you life works like mine) from the start you could not go back in time and play past living story content. This was designed specifically be keep the game and world fresh.

After season 1 there were a lot of complaints about missing things and wanting to be able to replay the story elements. So in LW season 2 they added the ability to go back and replay the story pats of the living world chapters. However since now they had to go through the trouble of making these stories always instance based which actually does mean they are harder on the server and take loner to create, they decided that if you didn’t log in to play the content at the time you would have to pay to unlock it. This plan was told to the users in game, on this site an via email to anyone who subscribed to their mailing list.

Plenty of other content has been added since release that you can use at your leisure, but LW was always designed to be in the now.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Is the OP against companies that release those DLC’s for console games? Do they think those should be free too?

in Living World

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Dude, this is how business works. They’re giving it to players who actually play the game, if you dknt, you have to work a little harder to do something we did for being loyal players. I don’t care if ff14 never deleted anything theyes had to rework their entire structure because of how bad it was, and they actually took things from gw2 so stop. It’s not hard to party up with someone who has the story done and be able to getbjnt. That’s it, it’s not hard at all and it’s free. As for season one it will eventually get released again, it’s not anets fault for having a living world that was evolving the game and giving us something to do every 2 weeks. You spent so much time spending apparently more than 15 dollars a month to enjoy clones of eachother and now you’re hearing crying about free content because you have to wait a little while and possibly party up with strangers. please please please stop.

in Living World

Posted by: Skolia.2408

Skolia.2408

I understand ArenaNet needs to make money but I agree that suddenly having Season 2 of Living World pay to play without prior announcement was a bit … lame. (Especially since it was free for everyone up until a certain time.)

A friend of mine came back to play through it as soon as HOT was announced and we were both shocked that it was pay to play for them. (They ended up going ahead and purchased it but still…)

(EDIT: As lordkrall.7241 pointed out, there was an announcement and I had forgotten about it so my entire complaint is now moot.)

(edited by Skolia.2408)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I understand ArenaNet needs to make money but I agree that suddenly having Season 2 of Living World pay to play without prior announcement was a bit … lame. (Especially since it was free for everyone up until a certain time.)

A friend of mine came back to play through it as soon as HOT was announced and we were both shocked that it was pay to play for them. (They ended up going ahead and purchased it but still…)

Suddenly? Without prior announcement?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/

That was released almost a month before Season 2 started.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Simply put, Anet rewards loyalty. Which equates to logging in regularly for whatever duration. If you can’t understand that, there is no use trying…….

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

OP, when you are doing the “free” old content in WoW, is there a monthly charge for that, say $15, that you have to pay to access it?

in Living World

Posted by: HaseKent.1843

HaseKent.1843

I think the OP means is that he want to play 1 or 2 years ago Halloween and Christmas event for free too even if it is not the season.

in Living World

Posted by: SwiftDeathSK.5708

SwiftDeathSK.5708

Dear Alexander Fluffernutter… or whatever

I think the main thing you seem to not be realizing is this is a “Living” Story, and Anet is constantly updating the story. No, they did not provide access to Season 1. But Season 1 changed lots of things not directly involved with the story as time progressed- such as Lion’s Arch going Kablooie. Anet came to a decision that maybe that wasn’t the best way to allow all players to enjoy the Story of this game- which is a pretty central piece to the allure of playing GW over other MMOs. So, they decided, instead of changing the existing content, add to it. As incentive for players to enjoy the new content, they allowed everyone who logged in to play the content for free. But to allow people who may be coming to the game late to be able to pick up past content IF they so desire through the in game market. The world is not a perfect place, no matter what tinkerbell may have told you when you wished upon a star all those nights ago, and in order for someone to give, they must first receive. You cannot reap what is never sown. By making this content free, Anet is giving away their time and resources as well as the resulting product – of which all are fueled by money. So, in a way, they are giving people who support them by regularly logging in and playing free money in the form of content. Are you aware of how expensive servers are? Or did you think people who are employed by arena net are just charitable people who spend more time making content than they do with their children and spouse? So yes, you have to pay for things that are old and gone but they are going to give you more going forward. If you are blind to this incredibly simple concept of “give to get” then daddy should have beat the scales from your eyes growing up because you would have to be abysmally selfish to believe you get without giving because it’s your right as a human being.
This is free, but it has a condition in the form of a time period. It’s not any different than a sale at a department store except they literally give this product away. Stop sniveling.

Sincerely, A friend who cares.

Mesmers mesmerize the world, Necros bring it back
to life, Warriors fight it, and Guardians protect it.
Engineers? We just want to watch the world burn!

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

OP this game is not for you. No game appeals to everyone, be it narratively, mechanically or financially, but in your case particularly judging by your attitude and insults flinging (yes calling everyone who doesn’t agree with you a white knight is an insult) and my recent experiences in PvP (eeehhhhh!) I’d say there’s plenty of like minded people playing this game, just not the part of the game you’re complaining about.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

sigh… another one of these, okay, back from the top

1. You bought the game with the story to assault orr, everything that comes after it, you didn’t buy. THe buy to play section doesn’t apply to future stuff. You Buy2Play the assault on Orr. Then you either log in to receive LS2 or Buy2Play LS2, depending on how much effort you had put in keeping track of the game. if you stop tracking the game, and not read their mails or forums, then you are to blame for not knowing the status quo

2. They warned everyone several times there would be a 2 week free claim period and afterwards you had to pay 200 gems. This system was designed to reward people who actively played, and kept cheap for the people who returned.

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

You know what they do? they might or not charge you for TIME (sub-based) or FUTURE content (B2P-F2P). but they don`t charge you OLD content. I don`t know how i have to explain this in the year 2015 lol.

Worse, they already locked out all new players of the MAIN narrative of the game for pretty much one year. Is like buying a regular game, but since one year passed, you have to start halfway into the argument. Second, you already bought the game, but you have now to pay for the 90% of the remaining argument because you TOOK TOO LONG TO BUY IT. Imagine starting metal gear solid at the Rex boss fight LOL, you can`t play half disc 1 and you have to buy 90% of the disc 2 to properly understand why you are fighting Rex, which you even after paying will not know cause you can`t play like 40% of the game anyway. Sound smart? no, because, lol no, thats not how you do games. LOL.

New players right now go like:
-personal story
-BIG SPACE OF EMPTYNESS BECAUSE YOU DIDN`T BOUGHT THE GAME ON TIME OR LOGED IN IN TWO YEARS, THE SCOURGE OF THE UNFAITHFUL!
-hey nice to see you again! remember the things we did? no? well, nvm, pay to play them even if you already payed for them and try to guess what happend, maybe look for youtube videos.

And don`t even mention buying chepters with gold transactions per gems, cause i have dirty 20 gold which i can`t even buy half the gems i need for 1 of the 7 episodes me and my friends are missing, not to mention this shouldn`t even be a thing in the first place.

You bought the game and you get the mainstory. The Mainstory of the core GW2 game was the fight against Zaithan. You got that.
You also have access to all non story related updates that have come over the past few years.
You are only missing the ability to play the storyline.

You can`t access LS1 right now. Nobody can, because they implemented it under an older system. The new system they used for LS2 allows them to have these things permanent.
However these chapters are not part of the core game and are being sold like every other MMO out there.

You mentioned
The Secret World : Buy the game, Pay for the expansion episodes….
FFXIV : Did not had an expansion yet, but has a subscription fee…
WoW : Subscription fee, destroyed old content for expansions, you have to buy the expansions to get to story and content…

Get your facts straight. All your examples have another monetization aside for story, aside from your initial buying.
So yeah. you are wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I don’t know why you keep humoring the OP. The Op already dug his head into the sand, no amount of “facts” or opinions will ever get him to change his mind.

Instead of investing your time arguing with him, just let him be. It is a waste of time and you will never convince him, so why bother.

That’s is what makes internet trolls effective, don’t ever have to admit they are wrong.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.