[Rewards Discussion] - Silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Sharvis.9085

Sharvis.9085

After spending several hours in the Silverwastes I feel that the rewards you get from completing events to be an improvement over previous Dynamic Event designs. Whether it technically yields more than any other farm doesn’t bother me as it at least feels more rewarding, and it’s a fun challenge to work through. I’m honestly surprised at how many rares I’m getting, and I don’t have to be waypointing around for once. This is the kind of group effort and farming I missed from temporary content like The Mad King’s Labyrinth and The Tower of Nightmares.

While individual Mordrem mobs do not drop much, the chest rewards from each event yield plenty of blues and greens and a relatively decent amount of yellows. With how many events cycle through while building up the fort levels, I obtained a lot of loot. Enough so that it took me a good few to several minutes to salvage and manage it all. I feel that this at least a small improvement to the reward system that we’ve been wanting to see.

How does everyone else feel about the rewards from the Silverwastes? What do you like about it? What could use some work?

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’m a huge fan of it. I just wish the chest exclusive skins weren’t so ugly.

in Living World

Posted by: Sharvis.9085

Sharvis.9085

I think what adds to the rewards experience is that there are so many sources of rewards in one area and that it’s a non-stop experience with little to no downtime. Even when the whole zone has failed and we have to wait, people take the time to search for buried treasure.

in Living World

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

I love the fact that all the rewards are for completing the events, which means that there is no endless failfarming which always felt a little bit odd to me.

This is playing down right, I have had fun both doing solo exploring, being a dedicated base defender, roaming dolyak protector and a dozen other roles. I really approve.

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

in Living World

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Rewarding indeed. Especially after defending the forts and being reward with pop up rewards even if is bag of blues and greens. Now they need to implement that into WvW too.