Rifts & Shadowstone quests left unfinished?

in Living World

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

To avoid any confusion, these are:
1) the questline that begins with the player touching a sad anomaly and ends with them giving the Shadowstone to either the Priory or the Consortium; and
2) The questline that begins with the player going to Gillscale Pond and ends with them upgrading to a Mark II Rift Stabiliser.

Has anyone discovered anything that continues these two quests beyond the steps mentioned? Or heard anything on about whether we can or will ever be able to continue these quests?

I know there was a dev comment on Reddit saying that not every achievement associated with the rifts had been discovered and another saying that the rifts storyline was incomplete, but since around LS3E3 things have gone quiet on this front. As far as I know there was nothing in the Caladbolg quest that related to these two questlines.

in Living World

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

We’ve only had one episode since then, so it’s not like it fell out of their radar completely and is now something that will never be finished. We still have episodes 5 and 6 to go through, so we’ll hopefully see a conclusion to this story with those two updates.

Don’t lose hope just yet.

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I also hope we get a chunk of current events after thee season end until we get the expac.

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

There are bits of things from earlier seasons in the LS, that I hope get tied up, like the whole “heir of kryta” thing with that locket. Maybe that was just nothing, but since this last ep was in Kryta and Krytan history seems to be key…

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well the new leak on Reddit, the legitimacy of which should be confirmed/denied with the patch tomorrow, indicates that the current events we get after episode 5 will wrap up the rifts/portal current even chain.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well the new leak on Reddit, the legitimacy of which should be confirmed/denied with the patch tomorrow, indicates that the current events we get after episode 5 will wrap up the rifts/portal current even chain.

It was already proved to be fake when the author claimed legendary armor wouldn’t be out tomorrow.

Edit: Oh. Saw there was yet another new leak post.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

theres not much that could say the leaks are fake tommorow i think only the teaser on the new raid just that could make it not true

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

theres not much that could say the leaks are fake tommorow i think only the teaser on the new raid just that could make it not true

I don’t think you’ve seen the new one then. It made a bunch of direct statements about LWS3E5, including where the map is, what the collectible currency will be called, a reduction in the amount of leather required in all recipes, and a hint about where the story will go.

If all of that is true, then its strong evidence that the leaker has access to inside information. That, of course, doesn’t mean that everything in that leak is true, but it would lend a lot of credibility to the rest of it.

in Living World

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

We’ve only had one episode since then, so it’s not like it fell out of their radar completely and is now something that will never be finished.

According to Dulfy, the current events related to the rift line were added on October 4.
Episode 3 – A Crack in the Ice was released on November 21,
Episode 4 – The Head of the Snake was released on February 8.

Leaving the reddit posts aside, that’s 6 months, half a year without a patch referring to the rift story line. They created new plot lines or continued other ones instead. Plus, there are many examples for unfinished story parts, we still don’t know anything about Rytlock’s holiday in the mists. Later, cub.
I think that the rift events will be concluded with the current season but on the other hand it’s perfectly fine to ask what’s going on.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

in Living World

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

The dev team assign to work on that story disappeared into a rift, along with the bug fixing team.

=P

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

in Living World

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

We’ve only had one episode since then, so it’s not like it fell out of their radar completely and is now something that will never be finished.

According to Dulfy, the current events related to the rift line were added on October 4.

Leaving the reddit posts aside, that’s 6 months, half a year without a patch referring to the rift story line. They created new plot lines or continued other ones instead. Plus, there are many examples for unfinished story parts, we still don’t know anything about Rytlock’s holiday in the mists. Later, cub.
I think that the rift events will be concluded with the current season but on the other hand it’s perfectly fine to ask what’s going on.

I never said it wasn’t fine to ask what’s going on, all I said was “there’s only been one episode since then” followed by “don’t lose hope just yet”. I do recognise the time difference. It is a drain on all of us waiting to hear about what’s going on, I never meant to downplay the worry, I was only trying to keep up hopes.

in Living World

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

Maybe Lazarus came from the other side of the Rift, and first we have to know who that guy is.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

in Living World

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I never said it wasn’t fine to ask what’s going on, all I said was “there’s only been one episode since then” followed by “don’t lose hope just yet”. I do recognise the time difference. It is a drain on all of us waiting to hear about what’s going on, I never meant to downplay the worry, I was only trying to keep up hopes.

…also, remember this: we know from the developers that there is something yet undiscovered in the rifts, in game today. So… it’s not impossible they are waiting (forever, or perhaps just for some fixed time) for that to be found before they advance the story of the rifts?

Anyway, I’m pretty confident that you don’t invest that much in building a story element the size of the caladbolg stuff without some plan to complete it. It’s not impossible that they have to delay it, but it seems pretty unlikely it will actually just stop dead.

PS: my theory? GW2 looked at WoW doing the “return to alternate universe draenor in the past”, decided it was the coolest, and are going to use rifts to do the same thing in GW2.

PPS: my theory? GW2 decided to capture the playerbase from the “rifts” MMO, but for legal reasons they couldn’t actually play it, so they just added lots of rifts because why not?