Riot Alice

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Haven’t seen a thread about this, so I thought I’d make one. In Prosperity, we can see our old friend (if you were a human street rat) Riot Alice. For those that don’t remember, Alice was part of a bandit gang, and you talked her out of it. Her father died during the Great Collapse, and she’s been skeptical of the Shining Blade’s claim that there were no casualties.

Her dialogue in the bar involves her talking about sending copper to the bandits in the north. What do you guys think? Will she be part of this story? We had Lord Faren (human noble friend) make an appearance in Season 1 with his wonderful undergarments. I don’t think it’s out of the picture to involve another human character from the personal story.

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

It’d be nice. It’s just a shame I remember pretty much none of the characters from my personal story since having finished them a few months after release. Due to that I’ll unlikely feel connected to any reintroduced characters from way back when in my personal story

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I so remembered her from a personal story! I had a good laugh about that when I saw her. I hope she plays a part somewhere in the story.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riot_Alice

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t care whether Personal Story characters have anything to do in releases, but I really like seeing them return (Riot Alice) or at least be referred to. (Some Priory NPCs gripe about Gix.)

It goes a long way to making my characters feel rooted in the world, like the Personal and Living stories don’t happen in totally separate universes.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I don’t care whether Personal Story characters have anything to do in releases, but I really like seeing them return (Riot Alice) or at least be referred to. (Some Priory NPCs gripe about Gix.)

I think the dialog with the priory exploration team changes depending on your characters chosen order (never mind that the banter is a riot to listen to).

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’m happy with her appearing. I don’t really think they should take a prominent role though, unless it’s absolutely necessary. It’s a cool little perk to have out in the world but I think pushing them as ‘core’ characters would have the same consequences as it did with the original Pact storyline (Trahearne coming out of nowhere if you’re not a Sylvari, pact lasur beems coming out of nowhere if you’re not an Asura).

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Janderson.4670

Janderson.4670

If u did the street rat personal storyline does she say anything different to u or recognize u at all?

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

If u did the street rat personal storyline does she say anything different to u or recognize u at all?

She just welcomes you to the town and explains she been using her connections to help the town with surviving.

On topic:

Nice to see that RIot Alice found some way to make a better life without getting back into those bandit gangs. Though not completely clean it still a better life than before.

Sadly my Main character is a Human Commoner so Andrew and Petra won’t be getting any love since they run the Inn of Divinity Reach.

However, i think the other Personal Story characters should start getting a return as well like the Sylvari twins or other characters that yet to make a return in a part of the game story beyong the Personal Arc of the Main Storyline

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

There is something fishy about the towns people and I think we’ll find out in the coming episodes if not immediately. Everybody seems too cautious of the Zephs, Seraph, and you (the player). Maybe it’s the stranger-syndrome where they don’t trust outsiders but they’re not too keen on explaining how they survive with little resources or where they get their resources from. They sound very suspicious but that could entirely be my paranoia regarding the situation too though :P

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

There is something fishy about the towns people and I think we’ll find out in the coming episodes if not immediately. Everybody seems too cautious of the Zephs, Seraph, and you (the player). Maybe it’s the stranger-syndrome where they don’t trust outsiders but they’re not too keen on explaining how they survive with little resources or where they get their resources from. They sound very suspicious but that could entirely be my paranoia regarding the situation too though :P

It’s said at the start (when you enter dry top) that the only people who have made it in there before were bandits, outlaws, and that sort of shady crowd. So I’m not too surprised that they’re not wanting to talk much to is lol.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’d like to see my Charr’s father again or someone from the warband.

Human NPCs are rather dull.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Riot Alice

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Her father died during the Great Collapse, and she’s been skeptical of the Shining Blade’s claim that there were no casualties.

At that point, isn’t it confirmed instead of scepticism? Hopefully she’s a sign of increased moral ambiguity in the story, the cut and dry “Good Queen Jennah” stuff was really boring, her infallible Shining Blade were also part of the problem. Stories about power are usually more interesting when they explore how the people in power (Jennah, not Caudecus) struggle to hold onto it and often lose or have to abuse that power to remain in their positions. The Good Queen (or King) is just a boring plot, especially when the people remain untarnished by attempts from their enemies. Either the writers are playing softball with the conflicts they face or the opposition simply isn’t formidable enough (the mightier the foe, the mightier the victory – if Caudecus isn’t smart, effective or a respectable threat, Jennah becomes a cartoon hero).

I suspect Riot Alice is simply a solid representation of Prosperity being a fringe city, kind of a reference to Deadwood – the lawless badlands of early 19th century Amercia. A place where criminals go to exist outside of the law, not necessarily misbehaving themselves (Prospect seems mostly civil, but GW2’s tone is usually fairly soft) but they no longer fit in with traditional society (back in Kryta etc). There are hints that the town has shady dealing with a group to the north (presumably bandits or centaurs) that would be looked down upon by the traditional authorities.

It would be cool to see Alice join a modern faction of the White Mantle, seeking to undermine and get revenge on the Shining Blade. It could be a really interesting way to use a sympathetic character to add some moral complexity to a villainous faction, something season one was terrible at.

If she’s just a neat throw back to personal story and part of world building fairly showing that Riot Alice still exists, fair enough, if she become part of a larger plot (her role in Prospect’s open world isn’t nailed down, they can still move her later without hurting the story there) I can see that being interesting as well.