Rytlock: My Journey Has Only Just Begun

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/530405525239136256

Anyone see this yet? Lots of speculation on Reddit and Twitter about Rytlock going to the mists, taking names[Kormir’s], and covering his eyes while walking through fire all zen-like.

Also, the added speculation that he went to the mists, learned to use his ghost-controlling sword, and thus became a ritualist[who were required to wear blindfolds in the first game] in all his awesomeness.

Thoughts?

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Kormir was actually blinded. One of Abaddon’s demons ate her eyes.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

I’m gonna play the devil’s advocate for a minute :

Remember the artwork for the Dragon’s reach part 1 ? Have you actually ever seen Rytlock so kittened off tht he turned into a flaming charr ? NO!

So don’t get you hopes too high, otherwise you’ll crash with the hype train you’ve created.

He could have been blinded because of foefire or something less sexy.

[speculation mode on]
What is the marking on the blindfold ? Maybe it’s a good place to start investigation.
[/speculation mode]

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Another thread said the symbol on the blindfold is the symbol of the Six Gods

in Living World

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

Are we sure it’s Rytlock?

in Living World

VodCom.6924

Do you have the adress of the thread ? I can’t possibly find it

Found it! However, no way to get the original source of Koenig’s statement : why is this symbol the symbol of the Six ? The wiki page about the Six does not contain anything.

(edited by VodCom.6924)

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The charr on the picture have the same hair and horns as Rytlock at least.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

VodCom.6924

The charr on the picture have the same hair and horns as Rytlock at least.

And the same beard, which is his unique feature that no other charr has.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

One would usually think that by following up a previous post of mine saying “when Thalador puts histheo ry, I have a half joke” followed by said Thalador’s theory of Rytlock meeting the Six Gods, followed by the statement with a :P

One would think people would realize that he statement was a joke.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

One would usually think that by following up a previous post of mine saying “when Thalador puts histheo ry, I have a half joke” followed by said Thalador’s theory of Rytlock meeting the Six Gods, followed by the statement with a :P

To be frank, I wasn’t sure if it was a joke or not…

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Living World

Posted by: DONO.8760

DONO.8760

Guessing Sohothin opened a portal to the Underworld, where Rytlock discovered the gods are very much real after an encounter with Grenth, and has subsequently turned to the worship of said god.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

or

hes fighting foefire ghosts
its too easy
to train for some time he goes full hard mode and does it blind
huh?
anyone?
xD

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

He could have seen the gods, or the Mursaat. Either way you’ll go blind.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

He could have seen the gods, or the Mursaat. Either way you’ll go blind.

There is nothing that suggest seeing Mursaat makes you blind.

On the other hand you might of course be unable to see them, but that is something different altogether.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Spectral Agony, yaaargghhh!

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

There is nothing that suggest that spectral agony inflicts blindness. And just looking at one definitely doesn’t. Spectral agony is after all something they actively have to use rather than something that happens automatically by just being near them.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

He saw Dwayna taking a bath naked and she made him blind because of that.

Or was it another myth?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

In fact, spectral agony specifically does not inflict blind or a blindness-like effect in GW1. It applies a serious slowing effect to uninfused targets, but no miss chance.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And pain. Paaaaaaiiin. But if they suddenly were to make it into something that turns you blind, it wouldn’t be a big leap. I’d be okay with it.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

ok i got a new theory..
he tries not to be seen
and as long as he cant see anyone hes practically invisible….

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

To be frank, I wasn’t sure if it was a joke or not…

If it was meant as a joke, it was very much a bad one and very much an in joke. I’m not a big lore follower, so lore in jokes are going to go over my head on a forum

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Guessing Sohothin opened a portal to the Underworld, where Rytlock discovered the gods are very much real after an encounter with Grenth, and has subsequently turned to the worship of said god.

More likely he’s being trained by powerful warriors in the Hall of Heroes so he can do battle. Things seem to be possibly leading to him becoming the Khan-Ur of the Charr, and short of the Charr PC, there’s nobody else I’d really want to see as the Khan-Ur.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

This^

…and oh my god yes. I am genuinely more excited to see the rytlock sidestory rather then the dragon thing. I had no clue that picture was out there. I am hyped. I prefer them releasing this content over the dragon….so far it’s boring. WELL MADE…but boring. Only good part about the main story is the fact u got to see some GW1 stuff in it. Other then that..meh.

I already knew about the egg..about glint..we already know there’s a dragon..we already know something’s up with the dude caring the egg. From now on i consider it just filler..

…but Rytlock..u have no clue what went wrong, where he went, what happened there, who did he meet…also the fact that his sidestory has really deep roots inside GW1 and he is much more loved the most characters ingame. The ryt sidestory has huge potential over the dragon main story which is sad if u ask me.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in Living World

VodCom.6924

This^

…and oh my god yes. I am genuinely more excited to see the rytlock sidestory rather then the dragon thing. I had no clue that picture was out there. I am hyped. I prefer them releasing this content over the dragon….so far it’s boring. WELL MADE…but boring. Only good part about the main story is the fact u got to see some GW1 stuff in it. Other then that..meh.

I already knew about the egg..about glint..we already know there’s a dragon..we already know something’s up with the dude caring the egg. From now on i consider it just filler..

…but Rytlock..u have no clue what went wrong, where he went, what happened there, who did he meet…also the fact that his sidestory has really deep roots inside GW1 and he is much more loved the most characters ingame. The ryt sidestory has huge potential over the dragon main story which is sad if u ask me.

This filler has to be here because :

• Not everyone is super familiar with GW2 lore let alone GW1 one (there is a reason why I was recently promoted “wikipedia officer” in my guild)
  • A story has to respect a narrative coherence. While I expected the master of peace to carry a dragon related item (like an egg or something else) it has to be confirmed ingame. I’d be really disappointed if I saw directly the master of peace pulling the egg out of his a** without being warned in Glint’s lair first, even though I expected him to carry the item.

in Living World

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

Plot Twist: Rytlock becomes evil and we have to fight him.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It’s also worth noting that there is a big difference between having a strong and well-founded suspicion about something, and actually having it confirmed.

Everybody (at least everyone in the lore community) “knew” that the jungle dragon waking in the Maguuma was Mordremoth before S2 started, but it was still regarded as poorly handled when the name Mordremoth was simply casually dropped in S2E2. A lot of people figured out that it was probably an egg, but it’s still better to show this rather than ArenaNet deciding (again) that just because most of the forumgoing community has figured it out that they can just treat it as something that everyone knows ingame as well.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

My theory is that Rytlock simply won a game of “Pin the tail on the dolyak”, and that is why he is wearing the blindfold.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

That would be the lamest and saddest plot twist even a kindergarden could come up with

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I think the fact that Zhaitan and Mordremoth are opposing forces suggests that, much as Sylvari were immune to Zhaitan’s corruption and Caladbolg played a large role in weaking Zhaitan, artifacts and beings of Death will be critical for fighting Mawdrymouth.

Ritualist abilities were concerned with ancestral spirits and such. I think Ritualist magic is going to return (at least as NPC abilities) and play a large role in defeating M. Marjory has always had a connection with ghosts (and is of Canthan descent), and now wields a ghostly blade.

I think while Rytlock is in the Mists, he is going to be impressed into service as an Envoy (as Shiro was before him). Once we rescue him, he can use that ability, along with his sword, to pull an Aragorn with the ghosts of the Foefire, in exchange for helping to free them from the curse and send them to their proper place in the afterlife. Might be very late in the season, given how much of a game-changer it would be.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

That would be the lamest and saddest plot twist even a kindergarden could come up with

Improvement: Rytlock cannot see that we are his friends, and we are forced to fight him, until we beseech him to take off the blindfold.

in Living World

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

I think the fact that Zhaitan and Mordremoth are opposing forces suggests that, much as Sylvari were immune to Zhaitan’s corruption and Caladbolg played a large role in weaking Zhaitan, artifacts and beings of Death will be critical for fighting Mawdrymouth.

Ritualist abilities were concerned with ancestral spirits and such. I think Ritualist magic is going to return (at least as NPC abilities) and play a large role in defeating M. Marjory has always had a connection with ghosts (and is of Canthan descent), and now wields a ghostly blade.

I think while Rytlock is in the Mists, he is going to be impressed into service as an Envoy (as Shiro was before him). Once we rescue him, he can use that ability, along with his sword, to pull an Aragorn with the ghosts of the Foefire, in exchange for helping to free them from the curse and send them to their proper place in the afterlife. Might be very late in the season, given how much of a game-changer it would be.

That would be epic.

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

This would be the greatest moment ever.

I have a feeling this season will change all of Destiny’s Edge and possibly Tyria completely. A picture just showed up on Twitter dealing with Caithe. It looks like she will either die or she will fall to Nightmare or under Mordremoth’s control. The end of this season can’t get hyped up any more than this.

Attachments:

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

One thing… the Charr never denied that the human gods are real. Charr know that the gods of other races can and in some cases do exist, but they see them as beings of great power, not as being to be worshipped. In the case of the human gods, they do know they exist, but since they have been at war with humans for centuries, they see them as beings to fight and strive to kill.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.