Rytlock - Secondary Profession?

in Living World

Posted by: Matty Ice.1832

Matty Ice.1832

Do you guys think Arenanet would do something as large scale as reintroducing secondary professions?
…Or at least adding a ritualist?

If the past is any indicator, we’ll probably just get a blindfold in the gem store… lol

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Secondary professions jsut wouldn’t work in Guild wars 2

As to a new profession, you’llahve to wait and see, but better not to get any hopes up.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Secondary professions are incredibly unlikely. They’d involve rebalancing every single aspect of the game. The addition of a new profession would involve far less rebalancing and is a little more likely.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve even heard that wanting to get rid of secondary professions was one reason they wanted to make a new game instead of another campaign for GW1. It meant that when adding or changing skills they had to consider how it would work with every single other skill, and every possible combination of skills, which was a huge amount of work.

I’m really hoping they are hinting at a new profession though, and not just new armor skins. I could see Rytlock returning being part of the finale of Season 2 and then a new profession being added either then or as part of a feature pack following that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Heavy armor Rt pls

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Secondary professions are incredibly unlikely. They’d involve rebalancing every single aspect of the game. The addition of a new profession would involve far less rebalancing and is a little more likely.

Maybe, unless they make it so you get 1 heal skill, 4 skill slots, and 1 elite from that class. Maybe 1 weapon your class normally doesn’t have, and no traits. Meaning you’re just taking a few things from the class. It’d also be way easier to balance, since the skills they’d have to balance are incredibly limited.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’ve even heard that wanting to get rid of secondary professions was one reason they wanted to make a new game instead of another campaign for GW1. .

That’s highly unlikely given that earlier in GW2’s development they actually had secondary professions in game, it was later removed.

Maybe, unless they make it so you get 1 heal skill, 4 skill slots, and 1 elite from that class. Maybe 1 weapon your class normally doesn’t have, and no traits. Meaning you’re just taking a few things from the class. It’d also be way easier to balance, since the skills they’d have to balance are incredibly limited.

I think you’re right. If they wanted to do it with minimal balance issues then Utilities would be the way to go. I sitll don’t think they will do it. As I said earlier in the comment GW2 had secondary professions earlier in development. If they decided it was a bad idea back then, they’re unlikely to go back on that decision.

in Living World

Posted by: Matty Ice.1832

Matty Ice.1832

I just want FoW/UW to come back.

in Living World

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

I was thinking abou this:

1. New Race: unlikely, bcs it would require voices, animations, design a city for them, create a personal story (at least the first steps), design the armors, etc.

2. New Profession: this could happen but it is a lot of work, they would need to create all the skills and balance them.

3. Secondary Profession: it would be hard to balance. I would like this but the chances are low too.

4. Secondary Profession Variations: i think what @RyuDragnier.9476 is right, a more limited and selected amount of skills could make it a lot easier to balance. This set of skills could be existent ones or new ones (a specialization, maybe).

I like the idea of the specialization bcs it would be even easier to balance and one can go further into their own class or cross with another one.

For example, you could have a Thief/Assassin, or a Warrior/Warlord, but also could have a Warrior/Assassin.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Armor class restrictions lifted confirmed!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

They won’t do secondary professions, it caused gw1 to be ridiculously imbalanced, they know it, we know it, so when you want secondary professions, at least the first game still exists, and you can enjoy it there. :-) (nostalgia tends to give individuals rose tinted glasses though)

It would be interesting if we got a new profession though, as we are “missing” a third heavy class. But the question you’d have to ask is what role would that profession fill? Between warrior and guardian, there’s not anything really needed that I can see from offensive and defensive. About the only thing you could give a heavy class they don’t have is more heavy condition application and boon stripping game play, which is what light professions and even some medium professions do. It would be interesting to try and balance that with heavy armor.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It would be interesting if we got a new profession though, as we are “missing” a third heavy class. But the question you’d have to ask is what role would that profession fill? Between warrior and guardian, there’s not anything really needed that I can see from offensive and defensive. About the only thing you could give a heavy class they don’t have is more heavy condition application and boon stripping game play, which is what light professions and even some medium professions do. It would be interesting to try and balance that with heavy armor.

I can actually picture Rytlock doing this, mostly because he likes to be the toughest charr on the block.
“Nice boons, they’re mine now.”
“Heh, trying to poison me? I’ll give it back to you for free.”

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Based on CDI discussions from earlier this year, I’d say we are much more likely to get subclasses (specializations) than secondary classes. Your race was intended to be your secondary in GW2, instead of mixing the arts.

Also, they didn’t seem very interested in creating a whole new profession at the time, saying they would prefer to add more options to the existing ones first. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen, though. They could have had some great idea for a profession after those discussions that they just loved and thought was worth introducing.

It seems more plausible to me that the iconic and b-iconic characters are becoming more and more distinct from players just for their own sakes. They’re more interesting if they can do something interesting. If Rytlock does have new skills, there’s no guarantee that he will (or can) teach them to us.

I should be writing.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

It seems more plausible to me that the iconic and b-iconic characters are becoming more and more distinct from players just for their own sakes. They’re more interesting if they can do something interesting. If Rytlock does have new skills, there’s no guarantee that he will (or can) teach them to us.

That’s a possibility but I somewhat doubt it. You can tell that that kind of thing would prompt immediate backlash because there’s no good reason that players shouldn’t be able to do these things. The PC should feel like one of the most powerful people in the game, if you start giving their allies super-powers it gets a little iffy :S