Rytlock in a Fractal

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

You should make him appear randomly in a fractal shard for lols.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

That was my first thought when he jumped down the hole. I would expect to see him appear in the Ascalonian fractal, maybe trying to stop The Searing so the Forfire wouldn’t happen, thus changing the future…but not likely as we all know how changing the time line works out in the end…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

but not likely as we all know how changing the time line works out in the end…

That depends on if your universe allows a paradox or not. If it does then the previous line just ceases to exist.

I was thinking it would be funny to add him in World vs World or in Heart of the Mists.

I think they will bring him back on a large PvP content update of some sort. But still keep him in the mists for a little while.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

That was my first thought when he jumped down the hole. I would expect to see him appear in the Ascalonian fractal, maybe trying to stop The Searing so the Forfire wouldn’t happen, thus changing the future…but not likely as we all know how changing the time line works out in the end…

As anzenketh says, it’s REALLY up to the writers as to what the universe of GW2 allows as far as toying with time.

Edit: Meant as anzenketh said, not pdavis x_x

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

pdavis.8031

I just don’t see it happening, and it would be WAY too complicated to do anything like that, as it would negate the entire GW1 game and everything in it, as well as totally mess with this game. Yes it’s up to the writers, and as far as I know we havent dealt with time travel yet. Although it would be cool to have something like that, a totally changed timeline as part of the LS season 2 story arch….

recognize my command!”

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I just don’t see it happening, and it would be WAY too complicated to do anything like that, as it would negate the entire GW1 game and everything in it, as well as totally mess with this game. Yes it’s up to the writers, and as far as I know we havent dealt with time travel yet. Although it would be cool to have something like that, a totally changed timeline as part of the LS season 2 story arch….

We did have time travel actually……though in a completely “for the lulz” April Fools event in GW1

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Annihilator

Also, isn’t there an Asura PS that involves you fighting yourself from a possible future?

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

pdavis.8031

We did have time travel actually……though in a completely “for the lulz” April Fools event in GW1

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Annihilator

Also, isn’t there an Asura PS that involves you fighting yourself from a possible future?

Hmmm interesting. I didnt know about the gw1 thing :P and I don’t know about the asura thing….it might be possible

recognize my command!”

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I actually think you guys are on the right track. A lot of ANet’s updates have had the secondary goal of trying to get players interested in different game modes, such as the Fractured update, or Taimi getting stranded in the Edge of the Mists. I wouldn’t be surprised if subsequent LS chapters have us trying to rescue Rytlock after he was pulled into the Mists, going via Dessa’s lab, or maybe even showing up in WvW.

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Fractals aren’t time travels though, they aren’t real. I read an explanation somewhere once, but they only show images of something that happened, it’s not the real thing.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Fractals aren’t time travels though, they aren’t real. I read an explanation somewhere once, but they only show images of something that happened, it’s not the real thing.

They are images, and occasionally photoshopped images. Rytlock could still show up though, the mists are pretty unpredictable.

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Didn’t they pretty much establish that Fractals are a copy of an event, not the actual event (ie it would be impossible to actually change history, it would be like defacing the painting of an event to try and change the event itself)?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Sort of. They are like echoes of history frozen in the Mists. Sometimes they are genuine representations of what really happened (like the Thaumanova Fractal), and other times they reveal what may have occurred in alternate timelines.

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

They are images, and occasionally photoshopped images. Rytlock could still show up though, the mists are pretty unpredictable.

he could show up, but stopping the searing on the ascalon fractal would do kitten all. actually… isn’t the ascalonian fractal after the searing anyway?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Rytlock in a Fractal

in Living World

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

I actually think you guys are on the right track. A lot of ANet’s updates have had the secondary goal of trying to get players interested in different game modes, such as the Fractured update, or Taimi getting stranded in the Edge of the Mists. I wouldn’t be surprised if subsequent LS chapters have us trying to rescue Rytlock after he was pulled into the Mists, going via Dessa’s lab, or maybe even showing up in WvW.

This is what I want to happen. Have one LS chapter where the PC’s venture into the Mists to assist Rytlock. (He doesn’t need to be “rescued,” of course.) While we are there, we’ll finally find out how he came to wield Sohothin. (“Irrelevant!”) Maybe even discover what the real method for cleansing Ascalon is.