SPECULATION: How LS Season 2 will end

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Here’s an excellent question for all of you to think about and respond to:

How do you think Living Story Season 2 will end?

Please post your thoughts, ideas, and speculations.
—————————————————————————————————-

I’ll start. Here are my ideas.

I really don’t think we’ll defeat Mordremoth this season. I see two ways this season could end:

(1) We’ll discover that the missing dragon egg was taken deep into Mordremoth territory. This will prevent the Pact from bombing the region.

OR

(2) We recover the egg in the next episode. Then the Pact will bomb Mordie and fail miserably. We’ll also learn some new secrets regarding Caithe, the Zephyrites, and the Sylvari along the way.

Okay. Anyone else want to share?

in Living World

Posted by: Invidia.9074

Invidia.9074

I see it quite similarily…

In the last episode of the Season we are trying to launch an aerial assault on the awakening Mordremoth. Turns out that it only helps him to finally arise, the Pact fleet gets whooped, Trahearne dies heroically while saving you from ceratin death and giving you the leadership over the Pact (or it’s Canach trying to redeem for his sins). We get a beatiful cataclysmic teaser and a few months of waiting for Season 3 where maps like Dry Top, Silverwastes, and Brisban Wildlands are getting totally overrun by Mordrem and changed, while we are desperately trying to rally a new Pact to defeat Mordremoth.

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I see it being revealed that Caithe was tasked by a dying Pale Tree to get the egg or her ASAP, the Pale Tree dying, the egg absorbing the pale trees magic, then in the final episode, the egg hatching as Mordy fully awakens.

There’s going to be another Pale Tree out there though. It will either already be there or a seed from the pale tree will be planted somewhere. I see that happening.

Then I really think we’ll either see Mordy the topic of an expansion pack, and LS retaking as a secondary thing for the short term, or a LS3 with much more substantial chapters. I’m leaning towards expansion, though, because that only seems to make sense to me. And I think an expansion would introduce a lot of new features.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

• Episode 8 will feature another fight with Shadow of the Dragon, either open world or instanced (or both, given the rumors of its immortality). If instanced, this will be either the last, or second to last (with the last being a dialogue/big-reveal/oooo ahhh instance)
  • We’ll be retrieving the egg and, possibly, reach the golden location from the vision (though I’m doubtful). We’ll also be told how exactly the egg will be of use.
  • If we’re super lucky, given the size of the Silverwastes, we may see a new map with 7 and 8. I doubt it, however, and we may simply just have a map that’s larger than Dry Top/Southsun Cove, if we get more map locations. Alternatively, Episode 8 may end with a dungeon (thus giving us a new map, but it won’t be a new zone). Also doubtful.

There’s only two episodes remaining, and we still have to find out what’s up with Caithe, get the egg, and go to that golden location with our current task. We won’t be facing Mordremoth, who’s in a jungle area (that’s another 2 zones or more away).

Episode 8 may feature a closing cliffhanger cinematic that shows a cataclysmic event by Mordremoth that would be on par to the Dragonbrand, rising of Orr, and creation of Frostgorge Sound.

And if we’re lucky, the recent ‘evidence’ for an expansion coming post-Season 2 seems plausible, and I can see it featuring the true fight against Mordremoth and the White Mantle aka Sinister Triad.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

(3) Mordremoth is led on a wild egg chase into Kralkatorrik’s territory as Caithe runs off with the egg to place it in a nest deep in the heart of Kralkatorrik’s abode (unknown to him though).
Kralkatorrik rises again to oppose Mordremoth – and make short work of it – and while its attention is turned on another ED, the egg hatches and is a key to unravel Kralkatorrik at the next crossroad.

OK – I’ll just see myself out

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

not much:

- We won`t kill or even see Mordremoth

- We will have an big open world Boss Fight

- We very possible will end with failure

What we hopefully get:

- The “world” alliance will end up with too many losses, forcing us to look for new allies

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I guess we will see the eclosion of the baby dragon and Rytlock’s comeback. I am not sure whether we will encounter the new world boss in episode 7 or 8.

If we are lucky episode 8 provides a new zone or dungeon to partially fill the inter-season gap. I expect at least a big cliffhanger for season 3.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

If we are lucky episode 8 provides a new zone or dungeon to partially fill the inter-season gap. I expect at least a big cliffhanger for season 3.

I hope so… finishing episode 8 and then having to wait another 2-3 months before new stuff comes with a break filled with PvP/WvW tournaments – oh man… that’s going to put me on yet another taxing hiatus…

Episode 8 needs to unfold into something that will last us a good way up to whatever Anet has planned next.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

This is something im only really interested in because it tells us what happens next. The end could hint at an expansion which would be amazing, or another mediocre living story season. I think a mix of both is the only good solution for guild wars 2 at this point. Im interested inthe story as well but more interested as to what this tells us about the future of guild wars 2.

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I think it will most likely end with a fight against either the shadow of the dragon or the big mordrem plant at the west of silverwastes, maybe both. I also think they will be made into a tequatl-level fight with their own set of achievements and possibly a title for getting them all. Story-wise, probably something on glints egg or caithe, but I don’t really know tbh. Also I will be extremely disappointed if we do fight or even see mordy by the end of the season- I think it would be most effective to have something like 1 year build up with a dungeon at the end when we finally do see him, of course that is just me though and I am sure a lot would like to fight mordremoth sooner rather than later.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mordremoth, though I would prefer it to be a concept art cinematic view of Mordremoth similar to how we saw Zhaitan several times in concept art during the Personal Story, before seeing the actual model. Mordy’s in-game model should be held back from S2, imo.

I do hope we get a reoccurring (talking?) Mordrem though, to give the Mordrem sense of rivalry rather than fighting some enigma like we had with Zhaitan. Shadow of the Dragon could be used for it, but I’d prefer something on par to the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan (whom I still wish showed up at the Battle of Claw Island, Temple of the Forgotten God, and perhaps elsewhere just taunting us – and the Eye we kill after Temple of the Forgotten God we thought was the Sovereign Eye, but wasn’t – would have given a sense of rivalry that would end up in that climatic battle, thus The Source of Orr wouldn’t be just about Trahearne’s Wyld Hunt but a sense of closure for the PC too – aw well).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

I’m surprised that no one has brought up that Anet have said we would find out who E was during Season 2. Anyways my predictions:

1- Rytlock emerges from the mists having somehow run into the human gods with a plan on how to undo foefire.

2- We’ll find out why the Pale Tree wanted us to save the dragon egg and what her plans with it were (probably use the pale tree’s magic to help hatch the egg or point us to the direction).

3- We find out who E really is and that he has ties with the Master of Peace and Ogden and possibly even Livia

4- We’ll discover a lost city of the Mursaat and how the White Mantle have been trying to reach it or keep it secret.

5- The grand reveal of Moredremoth and his devastation of the Maguuma wastes that will lead into an expansion

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

first: comments on the length of the season.

i don’t see the logic of why people say that episode eight will be the end of season 2… oh yeah, the term “mid-season break.” that doesn’t mean that both “halfs” of the season have to be equal in length. look at Doctor Who season 7 (Matt Smith’s Doctor.)
first “half” was 6 episodes, and second “half” was 8, not including the 50th anniversay episode and Christmas episode which technically count as season 7’s 3-part finale… bringing the second “half” of the season up to 10 episodes.

ANET already said there will be 6 pieces of armour added for the silverwastes. since they’re giving us 1 piece per update, that means 6 episodes. so the season would end at episode 10.

for those who would argue that would take us into 2015… keep in mind that season 1 started in spring 2013 and ended in spring 2014, so a calender argument is not only invalid, but would be stronger evidence that season 2 could even be longer than 10 episodes, especially if they’re planning a 3 or 4 part finale like how season 1 ended. you know. part 1 Scarlett invades LA and we rescue civilians. part 2 we attack the ground troops. part 3 we attack the generals and confront Scarlett herself. part 4 being the celebration and cleanup, aka epilogue.

so optimistically imagine 1st “half” of season 2 is 4 parts. second “half” is 6 parts, and the “finale” could be 4 more parts

Second: my speculation

i think episode 8 will culminate with us fighting whatever is in that 3 lane area* on the far west of the Silverwastes map.

i think that episode 9 will take us to another new zone where the final showdown of season 2 will occur.

we may even guilt-trip Ellen Kiel and Captain Magnus into helping during the final assault, since we killed Scarlett to end the assault on LA, and they’ve been notably absent during the rebuilding efforts…

P.S. i’m still disappointed that i didn’t get to keep an Aetherblade airship after assaulting Twilight Arbor Aetherblade Path. my character definitely would have taken one to use against Scarlett, considering how the Pact wasn’t involved, and 40 airborne cannons plus 6 more forward deck mounted turrets would have made a difference in the Scarlet War… especially considering how effective “air support” is in SIlverwaste defense events.

[SUGGESTION] new F5 PvE skill: Request Air Support!

could work as a trigger for a mini dynamic event during regular dynamic events. first person uses F5 to launch a signal flare, starting the event (which scales based on player numbers in the area) requires 5 total flares to complete (or more as the event scales up) within 15 seconds. if successful, calls in a Pact Airship to bombard the area centered around the active dynamic event. / world boss / etc.

– The Baconnaire

(edited by Forgotten Legend.9281)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

i don’t see the logic of why people say that episode eight will be the end of season 2… oh yeah, the term “mid-season break.” that doesn’t mean that both “halfs” of the season have to be equal in length. look at Doctor Who season 7 (Matt Smith’s Doctor.)
first “half” was 6 episodes, and second “half” was 8, not including the 50th anniversay episode and Christmas episode which technically count as season 7’s 3-part finale… bringing the second “half” of the season up to 10 episodes.

ANET already said there will be 6 pieces of armour added for the silverwastes. since they’re giving us 1 piece per update, that means 6 episodes. so the season would end at episode 10.

for those who would argue that would take us into 2015… keep in mind that season 1 started in spring 2013 and ended in spring 2014, so a calender argument is not only invalid, but would be stronger evidence that season 2 could even be longer than 10 episodes, especially if they’re planning a 3 or 4 part finale like how season 1 ended. you know. part 1 Scarlett invades LA and we rescue civilians. part 2 we attack the ground troops. part 3 we attack the generals and confront Scarlett herself. part 4 being the celebration and cleanup, aka epilogue.

so optimistically imagine 1st “half” of season 2 is 4 parts. second “half” is 6 parts, and the “finale” could be 4 more parts

i think episode 8 will culminate with us fighting whatever is in that 3 lane are on the far west of the Silverwastes map.

i think that episode 9 will take us to another new zone where the final showdown of season 2 will occur.

we may even guilt-trip Ellen Kiel and Captain Magnus into helping during the final assault, since we killed Scarlett to end the assault on LA, and they’ve been notably absent during the rebuilding efforts…

P.S. i’m still disappointed that i didn’t get to keep an Aetherblade airship after assaulting Twilight Arbor Aetherblade Path. my character definitely would have taken one to use against Scarlett, considering how the Pact wasn’t involved, and 40 airborne cannons plus 6 more forward deck mounted turrets would have made a difference in the Scarlet War… especially considering how effective “air support” is in SIlverwaste defense events.

could work as a trigger for a mini dynamic event during regular dynamic events. first person uses F5 to launch a signal flare, starting the event (which scales based on player numbers in the area) requires 5 total flares to complete (or more as the event scales up) within 15 seconds. if successful, calls in a Pact Airship to bombard the area centered around the active dynamic event. / world boss / etc.

Most people think it will end with Ep8 because Anet told us it would.

As for my predictions I’m not sure… there is a lot to wrap up in this season imo.

1. We will find out what happened to Rytlock.
2. We will find out who E is.
3. We will see Mordy, but not get to fight him
4. We will find out more about Caithe/Nightmare Court/Slyvari in general.

I think if we hit those 4 points then we can wrap up S2 pretty nicely.

in Living World

Posted by: kingpuza.4835

kingpuza.4835

End of season: We attack Mordy, and fail. Plants start attacking most places and we have to find new allies. Maybe a cinematic where most major cities are destroyed by plants? Asurans activate a time reversal/time stoppage device that sets time to just before the failed attack. We decide we need new allies… Cantha opens! New expansion ending with us getting all new allies and we work together with the old pact to attack Mordy and win!

Basically, wishful thinking on my part… but it would still be cool!

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i think episode 8 will culminate with us fighting whatever is in that 3 lane are on the far west of the Silverwastes map.

Check the wardrobe. Two pieces in episodes 7 and 8.

Season 1 started earlier than Spring 2013.

Just because one season went so many months, does not mean that others will. One instance is hardly a trend.

Cherry picking one instance where two halves were not equal does not dismiss that the season will not end after episode 8.

in Living World

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

with respect, i’ve been paying pretty close attention to GW2 announcements. (though i admit i may have missed an important announcement given as a scoop to a magazine), and i have seen no official statement by anyone at Anet saying that episode 8 is the finale of season 2. i say this not to be hostile. i say it asking for a direct quote i may have missed. i ask for this quote because the interviews to the magazines during the “mid-season” break (including gaming blogs, etc) all officially said and i paraphrase: “We’re not going to tell you how many episodes are left because it’ll ruin the suspense”

source: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=35267

The last question we asked was in regards to the cadence of releases. Last year GW2 championed its two-week cadence, but this year the releases have been in small chunks separated by long breaks. We asked if this half of the season way going to be another set of four releases and if that is what the studio is aiming for. Meelad Sadat, Head of PR at ArenaNet, jumped in to answer our question. He compared it to a movie, where if you know that there is only 10 minutes left in the movie it can clue you in to how and when the plot points are going to end instead of keeping the suspense. Therefore he didn’t want to say how many episodes are going to be left in the season, but did say that starting with the Halloween episode they are back on their two-week cadence up through Wintersday on December 16th before going on holiday break. As to what is going to happen after that, Meelad said that they will keep players informed of when there will or won’t be a patch, like how they announced the Halloween and start of each half of Season 2 well in advance.

my point in mentioning Doctor Who was intended to imply that Anet’s marketing department may be using the word “half” very creatively in order to keep us in suspense. episode 8 could in fact be the end of the second “half”, without being the “finale” for the season…

i’ve seen no posts in the Dev Tracker or official announcements saying that season 2 will end before wintersday. (Edit: after checking the dates, it seems that episode 7 would be dec 2nd, wintersday would start dec 16, which would place episode 8 in january, after the holiday break.) but i also admit i don’t watch all the Ready Ups or Points of Interest episodes, nor read all the blogs and magazines in the world. i would think that an official statement about the season 2 finale would definitely end up in Dulfy’s notes about the episodes though, and i keep up with her GW2 newsfeed… i would also think that Anet would make a big announcement concerning the final episode of Season 2, and i have seen no such announcement yet… and again, i’m not trying to be Bert, Tom, or Bill… just curious because everyone is so 100% sure about ep 8, that i must have missed the official word…

P.S. thanks for pointing out the wardrobe preview feature (as in previewing new skins before they’re actually released). i had totally forgotten about that,,, pun intended.

– The Baconnaire

(edited by Forgotten Legend.9281)

in Living World

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

In my opinion, the Season 2 will end with Mordremoth rising and causing a lot of damage to Tyria, something like Zhaitan rising and causing the flooding of LA and rise of Orr. Devs have been mentioning a great destruction coming along with the rise of an elder dragon so I think they’ve been hinting the finale of this season.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Living World

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

Random speculation. The egg isn’t an egg at all. It is a seed for a new Pale tree. That would explain a lot. Glint forsees the death of the tree so Glint gives a seed to the master of peace to protect until the time is right. The pale tree is wounded so the master goes on the move. Caithe sees the “egg” immediately recognizes it as a seed and snatches it.

Final missions we protect a budding blossom of a new pale tree while fighting off mordys minions intent on cutting it down before it can spawn a new enemy against him.

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

(edited by Roadbull.3457)

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s nothing suggesting that the Wintersday patch and Episode 8 cannot occur at the same time. Wintersday is just a regurgitation of previous content.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Mord rises, we enter deep Maguuma to pursue.