SPOILER: Maybe Anise really is...

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

… Livia???

Just thinking out loud here. Livia was the personal bodyguard of the king of Kryta back when Lion’s Arch was founded, Countess Anise is the royal guard, most people don’t really know anything about her, and she really got caught off guard when Canach started wondering how old she really is.

Main thing against that theory is that Anise is a mesmer, and a very powerful one at that, and Livia is a necromancer, but she was also alive during GW1, when the ability to become dual classes was widely known, and she has been alive for over 250 years now, enough time to learn a few extra tricks, not to mention she has the scepter of orr, we have no idea what kind of powers she might get from it.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I don’t think she is, if for no other reason than because the ANet devs don’t seem to want to tie things that tightly to GW. Not all GW2 players played GW, so tying important plots back to that would just be confusing.

I can believe that Anise is older than she appears. And maybe it does tie back to GW, but not that tightly.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

There are, quite frankly, TOO many threads on this topic ATM. I’d post in one of them.

in Living World

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I think countess anise might be part of spys for mordemorth. she was a slavari in the last step of the part 2. She gonna use canach too if you listen closely.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

She ’was a sylvari" because she was INCOGNITO.

AKA, she was there to guard the queen, but in a way that wouldn’t have people going “OH, LOOK, it’s anise!”