[SPOILER] Who did you save first?

in Living World

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

When the Mordem attack the World Leaders, who did you save first?

I went for the asura, Phlunt I believe, because he’s worthless and couldn’t defend himself from a fly. Figured he would need some help. Then I went for Queen Jenna, cause although I’m sure she could stand her own, she’s hot and I felt I should save her and earn some brownie points. Then the charr guy. He seemed to be doing alright though with his buddies but mainly I saved him next because I knew Knut would be fine. Knut’s a bad mofo that pretty much taught my entire race how to crush the enemies so I know he would be fine on his own. He was probably a little kittened I ended his fight early to be honest.

What order did you go in and why?

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I don’t remember who I saved first, I just attacked the mordrems closest to me. But I distinctly remember that I saved Phlunt LAST. I would’ve let him die if it made a difference.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Living World

Posted by: babislovesnatch.8706

babislovesnatch.8706

Saved Knut first cause he was closest and then everyone but Phlunt. Watched them fight until the Mordrems came after me.

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Jenna….always.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, Smodur. The least boring out of all leaders.

Last? Jennah.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Maddie.5864

Maddie.5864

I can’t remember either, I think it was Smodur. My last one was Phlunt the kitten (I was secretly hoping for his death).

in Living World

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

The group closest to me. Which, I think, were the Norn? So, yeah…it was more of a save myself first than save any one group. haha. The group I would be worried most for would probably be Phlunt/Asura, since they seem naturally the weakest without any tech backing them up. Easier for a plant to chew on, as well.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Smodur, because he’s the only leader who’s actually nice to us. I’m really surprised, considering how sinister and warlike the Charr can be, Smodur seemed like the most noble and least cowardly.

This update made me really proud that my alt is a Charr in the Iron Legion.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I didn’t specifically seek to save anyone in particular, I just started with the Mordrem that spawned closest to me. Which happened to be the ones attacking the Charr (and one that broke off and attacked the Sylvari), so I suppose I saved Smodur first.

If I had actually been thinking about who best to save first I’d probably go for Phlunt. Sure, he’s a total jerk, but at the same time he’s the only one who isn’t really capable of defending himself. Jenna is a skilled Mesmer (and shields herself the entire time with a barrier anyway) while Smodur and Knut are both accomplished warriors who ought to be able to kill the Mordem themselves just fine. Help the one who actually needs help as opposed to the ones who can defend themselves anyway.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

None of them. I fought the Mordrem as they came to me. The only leader that I cared about at that time was the Pale Tree, as she was the site of the attack, and she was the only leader who didn’t come up with any excuses/strings attached for participating, heard us out, and reasonably decided that Mordremoth was the greatest threat. If all the others had died, I wouldn’t have cared.

As for Smodur’s offer to help…nice of him, but I have my suspicions.

in Living World

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I didnt really pay attentionto who i was saving in what order etc. just killed the wolves first.

and what is it with all the phlunt hate? just because he put that annoying little rat in her place?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I didnt really pay attentionto who i was saving in what order etc. just killed the wolves first.

and what is it with all the phlunt hate? just because he put that annoying little rat in her place?

I hate all asuras.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I chose to saved Smodur first since he was closer (I don’t remember the positions of the leaders) and he’s also my race leader too (I playing the LS with my Charr guardian).

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

jenna first buit that was first group i saw then plunt noticed him next then charr leader the knut which if funny cause my character is norn she knew the norns could handle themselves and saved the what she would have thought were weaker races first. actually it was the first group i noticed in each time just funny how it turned out

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Charr, Jenna Knut, a hole. If I could I would have let him die after the incident with Tiami.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Phlunt, he was closest. Then I thought Smodur might need help and decided to come back to Phlunt. Then Jennah, because Knut might enjoy the fight as I am.

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I don’t remember who was it first, I just started killing mordrem as they appeared. By the time I realized I had to save the leaders, only knut and phlunt were left, I saved knut and then phlunt.

When I replay it, I’ll save Jenna first, I know she’s a great mesmer and capable of defending herself, but still I’d consider her to be in greater danger than Knut or Smodur. Second and Third would be either of those, I know Smodur could handle himself in a fight, and Knut was probably even enjoying it.

In every ocasion I do it, though, I’ll leave Phlunt for last, and if I had my way, before saving him I’d casually stand next to him, and if he says “save me”, I’d reply “Not so fast, my brainy friend. In light of this new development, I have decided to add further stipulations to the deal.”…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

Jenna and charr I saved on instinct (or perhaps because they were closest), then Plunt screamed for help and so I looked towards him, then I looked at knut and saw that Knut had a higher chance of standing his own ground while Plunt is small and feeble (even tough he has an annoying personality and a sharptounge).
So I saved Plunth and finally Knut.

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I saved Jennah, Knut and Smodur. Then I quickly made me a coffee, went to the store fetching the newspapers and read it when I came back. Finally I looked at what happened to Phlunt only to find out that my character has been disconnected due to an excessive period of inactivity. Life’s tough sometimes.

in Living World

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Saved Phlunt first. He doesn’t like spoiled brats and neither do I.

in Living World

Posted by: iamjaredk.9308

iamjaredk.9308

Not sure what the order was… too busy dodging. I know what one I would have let die if I could… Phlunt. I am not sure what it is about him but he just hits me the wrong way.

Why so serious?

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I just started targeting wolves first, as I considered them to be the biggest threat to the NPCs. I was on my LB/SB Ranger (wolf pets), so I basically stayed in the middle and took out wolves. At some point I realized I had to save leaders as well, but I don’t remember who I saved first or last. (I’m sure I’d already saved at least one before I saw that they were all still up there.)

I DO appreciate the fact that the Queen couldn’t just portal herself out. It suggests that Kas’s distance portal trick is something not every Mesmer can do, even if they’re technically stronger than her. As I’m sure there’s things PCs can do that no NPC can, it helps to put us back onto somewhat more fair footing with them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I saved Phlunt first. He’s too important to die. He said so himself.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m sure Knut could have appreciated a good fight. He was bad at it.
I was hoping Phlunt would just die. He was bad at it.
By incident, when I finished helping, not saving, Smodur, Phlunt just went along with him. Meanwhile, Smodur went off to go kill more things~
I was saving Jenna for near-last, but then I saw her surrounded in her purple bubble, I figured I should make sure it wouldn’t give out while she was cringing slightly less than a worthless Asura.

…And I’m supposed to respect these people?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Jenna then Phlunt

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Dont know. I just attacked any Mordrem nearby. I do remember hearing Phlunt whining somewhere near the end. Besides, what does the order matter. When a bunch of enemies appear I just jump in the fray.
Back in gw1 the killing order was important, but that rarely is the case now.

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I think I saved Smodur first, then Jennah or Knut, last was Blunt Phlunt, since he ran away to the farthest corner.

Simple closest first…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I saved Phlunt first, I believe, entirely by chance.

I saved Knut last, but he basically saved himself since he’d killed all but one enemy by that time.

in Living World

Posted by: Sevifor.1925

Sevifor.1925

I saved Jenna first, Smodur last, for two reasons:

1) As a Charr, it was vital that Jenna both be saved and saved first. Can you imagine if anything had happened to the queen while she was at a summit orchestrated by a charr? The humans already don’t trust us, and our alliance is too important to risk. Fortunately:

2) Smodur likes the way I think. I took the time to kill the Mordrem Wolf assaulting me before I took a look around to figure out what was happening. Everyone seemed concerned with their own corner except for Smodur, who was racing towards Queen Jenna. He left his contingent behind so he could stand between the Mordrem and the Queen; I really wish I’d had the presence of mind to take a screenshot, because the image of Jenna cowering behind bodyguard Smodur would have been awesome. In any event, we saved the queen, and after that, I just shadowed my leader. He decided that Phlunt needed help the most, then he went to see if Knut was alright, and finally we came back around to save the two Charr attendants (who felt the need to inform us that the way was clear for our “escape.” Pffft).

Meanwhile, Smodur went off to go kill more things~

…And I’m supposed to respect these people?

Smodur was rather aggressive in my instance as well. I’m giving a pass to the “cowardice” of Jenna/Phlunt on account of the passive way they have to rule their peoples. If we were made to sit in chairs all day listening to endless regulation, with no time for swordplay, we’d be pretty worthless in a fight too.

in Living World

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

I was guarding the pale tree just because well .. i think she is the most important one, and then i ran into jennah because, she is a human and my toon is a human. after that i go to knut but i saw he was having fun so i let him do his fun, and the same with smodur. i save the asura last, i am on taimi’s side! i hope phlunt trip on his robe. well taimi he got it better.
when i finish the fight and i talk to all the leader i can see that the scary looking smodur was actually the one who care about sylvari the most, he was saying something like as soon as we done helping them here we will go back. i was like, whoah, i am so glad i let you do some smacking helping me around upstairs. he was the one with the nicest dialogue there after the attack.

in Living World

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

I wanted to get Knut out, being Norn. But Smodur and himself itch for the chance to fight, I got Jenna then Phlunt, Smodur, then fought by one of the greatest Norn since Jora ;-)
Loved this patch, every mechanic was perfect

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Living World

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I had similar thoughts to a lot of people in this thread… then I saw Smodur and Knut actually start chasing mordrem away from their spots. I saved Jenna, then accidently Knut (mordrem everywhere). Even then, Smodur was protecting Phlunt. O_o

in Living World

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

I just pressed 5(greatsword charge) and the game auto targeted, but was very nice to discover that each world leader is very different and acted in his own way:
-Jenna protected herself.
-Knut and Smoldur fighted, saying things that those races would say.
-Phlunt coward =D

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I tried to save the Pale Tree first…but she didn’t need to be saved — she was there the whole fight trapping that ugly dragon lieutenant.

Kinda disappointed that the powerful leaders didn’t stayed and fight and left the mother tree to fend for herself. Fortunately I was there.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

I’ll just pick a random direction and save whoever’s there. Unless it’s Phunt, then I’ll pick another direction.

in Living World

Posted by: elfycara.1572

elfycara.1572

Since I was slightly intoxicated while playing this story it took me a while to figure out what I had to do so I just ran around killing whatever was in front of me until I figured it would make more sense to kill all the things near one group.

If this was real life Phlunt would have probably died because apart from being a rubbish fighter the asura were way up in the corner and I didn’t notice them until I’d finished killing everything else and was wondering why the story wasn’t moving on.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

For those saying that Jenna didn’t put up much of a fight, I’d like to point out that she did basically the same in at least one version of the end fight of the human personal story. She’s known to be outstandingly powerful at range and over a large area, but it seems that the cost of that is being fairly weak up close and personal.

I’d rather have to save her from direct threats than to have her be some ultra-super Mesmer princess with no weaknesses.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

One thing about Jenna, we do know she’s a powerful mesmer, but we never see her actually fight. Personally I think she’s more skilled in the parts of mesmer magic that deal with reading and influencing people and protection. The biggest feat we’ve known her to do was when she created the illusion of Kralkatorrik in the sky, paralized several human and charr around ebonhawke and created illusions of them being inside crystals to fool the minions attacking, but seems to have taken her quite a bit of time to set it up (personally I think it was because she had to extract whatever kralkatorrik looked like from the minds of the minions, since at that point in the story she would have no way to know how it looked like).

Actually I see her and Anise kinda like being a sort of ying and yang… both being mesmers but Jenna being adept more at the protection side, while Anise being more agresive.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Jeromai.8203

Jeromai.8203

Went for Jennah first, playing a charr = don’t let the human leader die because of anything you called.

Intentionally left Smodur for last because a) he’s a charr like me and can take care of himself, and b) was being a little dismissive during the summit of the threat Mordrem pose – nothing like actually fighting Mordrem wolves and thrashers and leechers to rapidly revise that opinion.

Cleaned up around the Pale Tree area after Jennah, sort of helped Knut though he seemed to be doing fine also, norn warrior/hunter culture and all, and then in the chaos Smodur actually decided he was done and bailed with one husk left (yeah, well, evidently he’s not condi and decided it was a waste of time)…

…then I looked around and realized I’d actually missed Phlunt because his delegation was cowering so far away and they were so short. So he got saved last. Not really intentionally, but I’m not losing any sleep over it. No sirree.

in Living World

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Mostly Plunt, not really out of choice to be honest, but he seemed to be the loudest of the bunch and well… He’d never let it go if you didn’t save him first. You know Asura and their superiority thing.

Next was Jennah simply because she was closer. Surprisingly enough Smodur had actually broken from his Charr bodyguards to help and attack the mobs around her. was quite surprised and wasn’t sure if it was intended.
Good thoughts on the Peace Treaty to come?

Following that, I helped clean up the last of what the Iron legion charr were battling before helping Knut. Not that he needed it, he seemed to have fun.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Living World

Posted by: Sumashu.4168

Sumashu.4168

None…

ALL HAIL MORDREMOTH !!!

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

As a proud member of the legions I decided to save Smodur. However I also had the bug or something in my instance and Smodur was busy fighting mobs outside his own area, so I guess he felt that he didn’t need saving (Charr need no Rescue!). Definitely remember saving asura emissary last.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)