[SPOILERS] speculation on the ending cutscene

in Living World

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

What are your guys’ thoughts on the vision that the Pale Tree showed the player character?

You can watch the vision again here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhojUvcmLWg#t=3395

What gives us some minor clues is the living story journal. Its last entry reads Before she fell unconscious, the Pale Tree showed me a vision of a golden land and a mysterious artifact. I’m not sure what it means just yet.

We also know that when asked about what the vision was, the player character responded with “It felt like a call to action”

To summarize, the vision starts with a face of the Pale Tree in an autumn forest, which segues into winter. Then we go down a path to a place high above the clouds, with ruins of towers rising up and what looks like a golden orb or egg. The egg descends under ground surrounded by pillars and purple crystals. The crystals are then shattered by encroaching thorny vines.

The only part I can make sense of so far is the last part, where the crystals are shattered by thorny vines. We know from the attacks on Fort Salma and Concordia that Mordremoth is seeking out magical artifacts, and the vision showed vines bursting into the crystal-covered area that housed a shining, golden artifact. The purple crystals probably represent Kralkratorrik’s influence. Considering the PC felt that this vision was a call to action, I feel like the Pale Tree was urging the PC to find some sort of magical artifact buried within ruins that lay underneath the Dragonbrand before Mordremoth finds it.

The Dragonbrand reaches all the way down to the Crystal Desert. Even further south is Elona, which is known as “The Land of the Golden Sun”. That title sorta describes the look of that shining artifact and fits the description of the “golden land” described in the story journal. It may be possible that next parts of the Living Story will have us traveling south to the Crystal Desert or even Elona.

That’s about all I can make sense from this vision so far. Do you guys have any thoughts?

(edited by Ausfer.1853)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think we are going to the crystal desart to find Glints Baby. At lest that’s what I hope. We will probably be wondering around dry top. And he rest of maguma. And it all be there which will make zero sence.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

I think we are going to the crystal desart to find Glints Baby.

It is possible that the golden egg-shaped thing could be Glint’s offspring, but I don’t think that’s it. The story journal describes it as an artifact. I thought Glint’s eggs would all be hatched by now, and that the Zephyrites would have safeguarded the babies somewhere.

But if this artifact does tie back to the Zephyrites somehow, you could argue that’s why the Master of Secrets is on a secret mission. Maybe he’s out to find that thing, too.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It is possible that the golden egg-shaped thing could be Glint’s offspring, but I don’t think that’s it. The story journal describes it as an artifact. I thought Glint’s eggs would all be hatched by now, and that the Zephyrites would have safeguarded the babies somewhere.

But if this artifact does tie back to the Zephyrites somehow, you could argue that’s why the Master of Secrets is on a secret mission. Maybe he’s out to find that thing, too.

To me the dragons in the sky looked crystal like. But that’s just my perception of the vision. So it could be glints offsprings off spring? Also glint may or may to have been laying eggs up to the point she died. This could be her last one. Also if you didn’t know it was an egg, you call an unknown object an artefact.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Biohunter.3029

Biohunter.3029

To me the dragons in the sky looked crystal like. But that’s just my perception of the vision. So it could be glints offsprings off spring? Also glint may or may to have been laying eggs up to the point she died. This could be her last one. Also if you didn’t know it was an egg, you call an unknown object an artefact.

TBH after re-watching the cinematic, the dragon that appears looks more like the Shadow of the Dragon or maybe even Mordremoth, but that’s unlikely. I think that this might just lead us back to Iron Marches or some other place there where we’ll have to go and find the artifact or whatever the golden thing is. I’m hoping though that this will actually lead us to go and find Glint’s offspring wherever it might be.

in Living World

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

First thought that came to mind, if you remember Trahern mentioned that the pact was originally planning on going after whats his face, the crystal dragon. First though after the cut scene was that the pale tree wants us to find a way to get Mord and Kalk to meet and fight one another. This would allow us to swoop in for the kill and take out 2 dragons at once.

The theory of finding Glin’ts egg is a good one too. Could go hand in hand. The Zephs had the egg, which is why that one Sylvari sapatoughed them, to try and get it, but the master took off. He may have been taking it to the ley line to hatch. Or if the egg is out in Glint’s lair, then Kalk may be nurturing it as a new champion.

All good stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: NITEVIPER.9652

NITEVIPER.9652

My impressions of the vision were:

The autumn forest turning to winter shows the life force of the pale tree draining away..
The dragon flying around was the dragon we fought..
The pillars of light revealing/lifting a ruined city/castle was the original “ratasum”..
The egg/jewel shaped item was Glint’s egg..

Now this is where speculation takes over… i beleive:
One of Glint’s eggs was being held by the Zephyrites and the Master of peace was incharge of its safe keeping, this led to the Zephyrites being attacked…
The most powerful magical race in GW are the Mursaat.. who have the power to shift from this world to the mists when they please.. This is due to the fact they did not put there power into the bloodstones.
I beleive the ruined city/castle was the original Ratasum (Mursaat anagram) where it then entered oris pulled into a portal taking it out of reach of the dragon and into the mists.. the current home of the mursaat (purple crystals) – having drawn enough magical energy to itself, it hatches…
This makes Mordramoth angry as the camera switches to mordramoths vines tightening its grip in anger..

But like i said… we all see our own versions of the vision.. hence vision.

But then again, the crystals could be the Chaos Crystal Caverns… at the end of the day, if you track the vines that are attached to waypoints its almost a straight line to that location and they have just released chaos weapons too…

(edited by NITEVIPER.9652)

in Living World

Posted by: Grundles.1635

Grundles.1635

The crystal area in the screenshot looks an awful lot like the loading screen to Glint’s Lair.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“Golden land” → Elona, Land of the Golden Sun → Elona confirmed!

in Living World

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The crystal area in the screenshot looks an awful lot like the loading screen to Glint’s Lair.

Or Mursaat Towers:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/SaNesuke-SaiNt-Sagara/gw475.jpg

in Living World

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

First thought that came to mind, if you remember Trahern mentioned that the pact was originally planning on going after whats his face, the crystal dragon. First though after the cut scene was that the pale tree wants us to find a way to get Mord and Kalk to meet and fight one another. This would allow us to swoop in for the kill and take out 2 dragons at once.

The theory of finding Glin’ts egg is a good one too. Could go hand in hand. The Zephs had the egg, which is why that one Sylvari sapatoughed them, to try and get it, but the master took off. He may have been taking it to the ley line to hatch. Or if the egg is out in Glint’s lair, then Kalk may be nurturing it as a new champion.

All good stuff.

Oh man, that would be so cool! I’m going to be so sad when that doesn’t happen.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in Living World

Posted by: neilug hyuga.5634

neilug hyuga.5634

First, when I saw the pillar, I immediatly though about the races.

In the stories, there were 5 races in order to make the bloodstones, and
keep the dragon sleeping.

But I saw only 4 pillars. And then comes the latest.

I had a crazy theory about the origins of the Sylvaris, which was : What if they were create in order to be the 5th Race ?
(After all, if we want to do speculations, we have to be crazy )

But, this got somes unconveniants : The second pale tree is one of them. But we don’t know that much about it.

I wrote also all of this theory on the french forum about “The true behind the Pale Tree”.

At the end, I think it can be possible that the Pale Tree was a bit like “Glint”, but became “cure” by the Ventari’s tablet, just like did the Forgottens to Glint.

Back in the ending cutscene, the dragon was for me : “Why the kitten is he here?”. So I forgot this speculation.

It clearly shows that Mordremoth want something. And this thing looks like a stone.

But reading your commentary, oh my god, that could be true !

What if that was an Egg of Glint? What if the Zephyrites bring it with them?
What if that’s the goal of the Master of Piece and to save it?

Sounds good.

in Living World

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

0.00 to 0.16 – fading of the tree effect of cinematic
0.17 to 0.36 – crystal desert and Kralkatorrik corrupting the desert
0.37 to 0.46 – Mordremoth vines spreading to Kralkatorrik domain
Deduction:
Scarlet made something besides awakening Mordremoth, now he hungers for unique draconic energies as well as regular magic.
She might be trying to save Tyria ruthlessly by turning one of the elder dragons into a “canibal” dragon making him follow his hunger to the other elder dragons and trying to feed on them.
This would mean less elder dragons to worry about…
Comments?
Excelsior

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in Living World

Posted by: neoklis.5183

neoklis.5183

personally I think the developers are making a bluff with the vission making us believe there is something to do with glints baby or kralkatorrik. Maybe the vision could be telling us that modremoth found the bloodstone in the maguma jungle and devours it thus fully rising from his sleep, or maybe (and I’m making a bit of a bold claim here) the pale tree is showing us future even making us prevent the capture of the bloodstone by modremoth. It could also make for a fun new dungeon!

in Living World

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

Maybe I’m a bit late to the party, but here are my impressions:
I think that dragon looks a lot like the Shatterer looking at its wing
And I somehow associated that forrest with the Echovald forrest because of it being kinda green, but there indeed was some white fluff falling from the sky

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

My predictions consider only first part: fading of the tree, firstly we start from location of avatar (really nicely done face of avatar made of branches), the we go down, we see trees, and we go forward: my prediction is that, we will have visit place that we reach from pond in the north of this map, we have some trees there, especially those slim&high, if we look map, next to it we have necrolith bay (starting zone for sylvari) and next we have undiscovered area (below right bot of Caledon, next to left bot of Southsun). If it is not part of map that can be below whole Southsun, it think we can visit or just reveal this part, that mostly seems to be part of Grove as map.

I thought also about line that Treaherne said, that they were going against kratakrolik, maybe we don’t go, but there is chance that something connected with this elder will happen, Glint’baby, knownledge about power of crystals or sth like that, more like wisdom not adventure, but still sounds good. Mordemorth like crystals, much more thanks (Taimi’s device) now he can’t consume energy from wps, he will catch that what fell from sky, Zepherytes and all what they bring.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Did anyone else notice the ruins that rose up from the clouds before the “golden artifact” appeared?

What architectural style does that remind you of?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: PhiLL.1746

PhiLL.1746

Okay, all the signs are pointing my mind to this:

Mordremoth is trying to retrieve and assemble the bloodstones.

The drawing in Scarlet’s room/design in the vision looks so familiar to the design on the floor of the Bloodstone Fen/door of the bloodstone caves. That means (if you believe bloodstones are at work here), you can infer that the Master of Peace had a bloodstone in his possession and Aerin (under Mordy influence) was trying to seize it. The MoP, of course, said that what he had was an item of great power. AND he was headed in, what appears to be, the direction of Bloodstone Fen deep within the Maguuma Jungle.

The crystals in the vision, I, and a few others, believe to be a depiction of bloodstones themselves. And you could see rising towers, which looked an awful lot like the Mursaat Towers (with, and this is a stretch, the Ether Seal glowing gold in the middle of the vision). The Mursaat (I’ve forgotten a lot, so correct me if I’m wrong) originally used the bloodstones to keep Abaddon sealed away out of fear that they would be wiped out. If they have the idea that Mordremoth will also be a danger to themselves, they’d want the bloodstones for themselves (as they did back in GW1).

Of course, you need the blood of the true ruler of Kryta to unlock the magic within the bloodstones. And Queen Jennah has that blood running through her. Added to that, we’ve been told of a powerful artefact that can reveal the true ruler’s face. I can see this going three ways. Either the queen will get lost/abducted and the player will use this artefact to find her. Or the queen will die, and the enemies will use the artefact to locate the next ruler to unlock the power. Or, the queen will die while unlocking the bloodstone power (just as it was implied that King Doric died after his blood was sealed to the bloodstones).

Basically the queen’s in trouble. Countess Anise will have a lot of saving to do. Which brings me to the next theory, which a few have also thought of. Anise is Livia from GW1. After getting the Sceptre of Orr, she would have had enough time to learn Mesmer magic (not impossible, in GW1 I was a necro/mesmer), and would have had enough time to fit herself into the Queen’s land. But that’s a completely different story which might be tackled after the story moves towards the Door of Komalie and Soul Batteries and stuff, probably in LS Season 3 (or late Season 2).

Anyways, I just wanna hear what people think about this idea.

This guy pretty much said what I have in mind…
Note that are five beams, with the last one appearing just before scene change and there are five bloodstones.
What the dragon throws inside before the last beam could be the key to open them. Such key must have a connection with royal blood, just like Jennah’s.
That would explain why he was after royal artifacts in Concordia.
Two bloodstones locations are known: one is in Magguma and the other one is somewhere in the Shiverpeaks. The other three are unknown and could be near Glint’s lair, in the Crystal Desert.

(edited by PhiLL.1746)

in Living World

Mem no Fushia.7604

Btw, wasn’t one part of bloodstones supoosed to be in somwhere in Arah too or I mess something. One of parts I remember from dungeon that we explored with Gadd and Livia, if we compare maps it should be somewhere in Sparkly Fen (right bot, hidden now, with magic) or a little below this map, eh but it may happen that, true entrance to it is somewhere in Steamposur Mountains map.
There were 6 dragons and 5 shards, each wanna shard, maybe Zhaitan rose whole Orr to avoid share bloodstone with Bubble. Yeah, I remember also bloodstone in Komalie, but now it is underwater, so Bubble probably is very happy now.
Last thing Gadd didn’t mention something that it was a small bloodstone and there are larger parts?

Re-make for Shatterer event, as Tequalt and TT, good opportunity for that, don’t you think so? Vision can relate to that too (fanservice).

in Living World

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

In the pale tree’s vision, after the passing of autumn to winter, we see a scene where the Dragon Champion of Mordremoth is flying about above the clouds.

There are four upward eruptions, and in the central eruption a yellow orb of light appears.

A fifth and final upward eruption occurs as the yellow orb descends downward into what appears to be a crystalline altar of sorts, where it then shatters the altar and surrounding crystal structures.

(The scene appears as if it is being viewed through a gemstone, and said gemstone shatters along with the view of the area)

And then the cinematic proceeds to show more and more of Mordremoth’s influence spreading throughout the areas.

The most interesting part of this cinematic is the scene in the sky followed by the crystalline altar.

What do the upward eruptions represent?

What does the yellow orb represent?

What is this crystalline area?

Lets try to answer some of these questions:

5 eruptions…… 5….

Five….. Five Bloodstones?

“The bloodstones are five shards of a massive stone created by the Gods of Tyria and sealed with the blood of King Doric. They broke the stone into five pieces. Four of these pieces represent the four schools of magic (aggression, destruction, preservation, and denial), and the final piece, the Keystone, was needed to reassemble the Bloodstone. The five pieces were then tossed into the volcano, Abaddon’s Mouth. Later, following an eruption, four of the pieces were spread across Tyria, while one remained on the Ring of Fire Island Chain, near the caldera.”

There is only one place where a bloodstone exists in Tyria where it is surrounded by crystal structures…. and that is the Door of Komalie

“The Door of Komalie is a magical gate in the Ring of Fire Islands, sealed and guarded by the Mursaat. The door acts a passage into the Realm of Torment, specifically to the the Foundry of Failed Creations. The Mursaat work to ensure that it is kept closed at all cost. The door is kept sealed with soul batteries that feed on the souls of Chosen sacrificed on the Bloodstones. Should the door ever open, the Titans will emerge through it into Tyria and wreak untold damage. "

The Mursaat tending the Bloodstone near The Door of Komalie is what keeps the gate sealed.

…but what is the yellow orb of light?

Unsure…. but by guess would be Queen Jennah.

Lets gather some info real quick:

“Her Royal Majesty Jennah, Queen of Kryta and Regent of Ascalon is a descendant of King Doric and the last member of the Salmaic dynasty, the ruling family of Kryta.”

Who is this Doric dude, again??

If you remember earlier from the definition of bloodstone we found that
“The bloodstones are five shards of a massive stone created by the Gods of Tyria and sealed with the blood of King Doric.”

And in Doric’s epitaph “To forego even one’s own life when the end is gained;” and “For it is through his sacrifice that we now live on. May his blood have been spilled for the good of all.”

I’m guessing at some point in the future, Queen Jennah needs to be sacrificed on the Bloodstone in the Ring of Fire to prevent the Door of Komalie from opening.

Attachments:

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

in Living World

Mem no Fushia.7604

Queen Jenah won’t sacrifice, King Thorn will repent and split his bloo… his pumpkin juice. Blood and Madness.

For while I thought 5 pieces, but you made a point that it is 5=4+keystone, thanks for clarify.

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I’m not sure there’s a real danger of the Door of Komalie opening, since the Bloodstone is not what is keeping it closed and is not necessary to keeping it closed as long as the Soul Batteries are charged.

However, the Bloodstones are all logical targets for Mordremoth given the enormous amount of magic they contain. But the Maguuma Bloodstone is obviously closer to our current location in Dry Top, and presumably closer to Mordremoth’s location, so we will likely see it sooner than Ring of Fire. We also have access to Sparkfly Fen, which puts us close to the Shiverpeak Bloodstone. Perhaps we will end up visiting all five before the story is over, solving some lingering mysteries from GW1.

Though we have a connection with Glint here through the Zephyrites, I would be more enthusiastic about Crystal Desert theories if the gate in the Nov. 4th teaser screenie looked like the gate in Ebonhawke. I certainly would like to find out what became of Glint’s baby! However, it does seem more likely that we are going to be pushing deeper into the Maguuma instead. Brisban Wildlands still has two unreachable portals headed in the right direction.

For some reason the behavior of Anise has started me thinking about Livia and the Scepter of Orr, last seen on the RoF Bloodstone. (Along with Sohothin, also last seen in the vicinity and now back in the story, at least briefly.) And, given the Shining Blade connection, wouldn’t it be interesting if “E” somehow turned out to be Evennia, still MIA after her trip to Ascalon?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Door of Komalie was only a threat due to the Titans, who at the time were working for Abaddon. Abaddon has long since been slain, and the efforts of the Order of Whispers and the GW1 Heroes have also put down any lingering resistance by Abaddon’s followers in the Domain of Anguish. We can presume by now that Kormir has fully gained control over the former Domain of Anguish and has completely purged it of Abaddon’s taint. Opening the Door of Komalie would accomplish little more than creating another stable portal into the Mists, one that leads to Kormir’s realm.

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Hmmm. That might actually be a GOOD thing, Zaxares. Rytlock needs a way out!

in Living World

Posted by: Lucian Silver.1264

Lucian Silver.1264

Ah, sorry. Wrong thread.

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Anyone notice a female face at the beginning of that vision made out of the branches?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Anyone notice a female face at the beginning of that vision made out of the branches?

That was the Pale Tree. Basically the only thing about the vision we’re certain of.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver