Sab dont fit in narrative, but 5mth break do?

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

So, the main excuse for not bring back sab was that it don’t fits on the LS narrative, but says this to me anet : We all made a supah important summit with all leaders, got attacked by a furious dragon and pale tree is almost dying.

OK, lets just go collect some treasures around for 3 months while we decide what to do next. Does this fits in your narrative Anet?

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)

in Living World

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

So let me get this straight… you think the period from August 12th (technically more like August 26th, since that’s when the next regular update would’ve hit without the break) – November 4th = 5 months?

o_O

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

edit for 3 months so, didn’t had actually see tha right ammount of time, just the really long therm of time. Still, from s1 to s2 was 4 months. And after 4 chapters of s2, a break of more 3 months. Yes, seens real that it fits soooo better in narrative than SAB does.

in Living World

Posted by: Ed Log.7480

Ed Log.7480

I aggree, everyone isn’t going to play the WvW tournament.
SAB would fit just so perfectly to fill this break.

in Living World

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

“every 2 weeks” lol, 4 living story update in 8-9 months more like every 2 months at this rhythm

in Living World

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Let’s be fair, they can introduce SAB back during a LS event , they just don’t want to.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Got to wait for everyone to realise AA is another K-grinder in different clothes, after all.

in Living World

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Sure, we don’t have any Living Story content until November, but we just had the Feature Pack which has content to last for at least a month.
If they follow the same model of this Season’s “premiere”, we’ll have Halloween (which is the equivalent of the Festival) for the month of October and then the Season will begin.
I’d love to have SAB for this month but, let’s admit it, it wouldn’t be possible.

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Even so, the tournament is only 4 weeks long this time.

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Sure, we don’t have any Living Story content until November, but we just had the Feature Pack which has content to last for at least a month.
If they follow the same model of this Season’s “premiere”, we’ll have Halloween (which is the equivalent of the Festival) for the month of October and then the Season will begin.
I’d love to have SAB for this month but, let’s admit it, it wouldn’t be possible.

It’s a “feature” patch, not “content”. Achievement and collection farming barely count as content. Especially when I, like many others, came in contact with pretty much all the items for most collections.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

This game has a “Living Story” presented in a “Living World” while the story is pretty much dead for monthes, and the world the same old same.

Sounds like traditional ANet marketing to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If they are making Guild Halls and GvG game maps then I’m glad they are taking a LS break.

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If they are making Guild Halls and GvG game maps then I’m glad they are taking a LS break.

If the people responsible for LS are the same working on GvG or GH, they are seriously understaffed.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

So, the main excuse for not bring back sab was that it don’t fits on the LS narrative, but says this to me anet : We all made a supah important summit with all leaders, got attacked by a furious dragon and pale tree is almost dying.

OK, lets just go collect some treasures around for 3 months while we decide what to do next. Does this fits in your narrative Anet?

Apples/oranges——no comparison whatsoever.
Just another attempt to circumvent the main SAB thread.

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

NO Blude, this is just me, talking that they sense of “Narrative” into a non- living mmo is very, very wrong. I could talk about any other thinsgs, such wxw that is really far from fit into the narrative of a living world. Neither does we take months between a drastical attack to then start making some steps to retail. And the worse of all : A couple bunch of ppl returning to a destroyed city, and just being stationary there. Not rebuild, not fix anything, not even clear the place. Just dispose their goodies for sale.

They excuse of “Such thing don’t fits in narrative” is nothing more than a mere excuse, and this is what I’m showing on here.

in Living World

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

ANET just posted a SAB protest on their Tumblr. Maybe that’s a sign it’ll be making a return?

in Living World

Posted by: EnlightenedNavigator.8296

EnlightenedNavigator.8296

Anet has given us solid content since the beginning of season two and most people really like it. They did an amazing job with all of it. Obviously they can’t roll out high quality content non stop. that’s asking too much of anyone. What they are giving us is really enjoyable, but everyone always bashes on Anet ‘cause of the little things that people disagree with. Imagine if you brought doughnuts to work ’cause it’s Friday and people like doughnuts. But everyone starts shouting at you and telling you that you suck ‘cause you didn’t get every single person their favorite flavor. They’re totally ignoring the fact that you just spent you time and money to get doughnuts for them and are really just trying to make you feel like kitten ‘cause you screwed up. That’s what I see when I look at Anet and the community. Everyone’s complaining ‘cause they didn’t get the exact doughnut they wanted. The feature patch is a break so that the devs can create more content FOR US THAT WE DON’T HAVE TO PAY FOR. I don’t think it’s part of the story at all so they aren’t trying to fit these achievements in with the story. SAB isn’t their concern right now ‘cause they’ve got to work on Halloween and the rest of season two. they have a lot on their plate. When they do SAB they’ll do it ‘cause they have enough time to make it good. So stop kittening about not getting the doughnut that you wanted and start giving some positive feedback. Quit ignoring all the awesome stuff that Anet puts out. It probably makes the creators really happy and excited about their work when people tell them how much they like this or that or some certain part. But all anyone ever does is say that they hate everything. It’s really depressing and is starting to make me hate the community. You’ve become a bunch or really mean people…

Sorry, Anet, on behalf of the community. I for one really appreciate the incredible game play you give us all the time and I know lots of others who do as well. Thank you for the adventure, and I can’t wait to experience more!!

-Mael

It’s made from scratch, so it holds more personal value.

(edited by EnlightenedNavigator.8296)

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

NO Blude, this is just me, talking that they sense of “Narrative” into a non- living mmo is very, very wrong. I could talk about any other thinsgs, such wxw that is really far from fit into the narrative of a living world. Neither does we take months between a drastical attack to then start making some steps to retail. And the worse of all : A couple bunch of ppl returning to a destroyed city, and just being stationary there. Not rebuild, not fix anything, not even clear the place. Just dispose their goodies for sale.

They excuse of “Such thing don’t fits in narrative” is nothing more than a mere excuse, and this is what I’m showing on here.

My personal opinion——SAB has NO PLACE in a game like this and is waste of time when there is so much more to address/fix. If you wish to play 8bit jumping games I am sure there are alot off old cartridges than can be plugged into an old hand held.

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

Enlighted : Feedback of players is what makes a game fit inplayers taste. What youa re saying is to us NOT talk about what we dislike, so anet just keep making what they want without care what plkaers want? You know, this will comes to a point where no ones will come to play the game (Also, no one making paid process as indicating the game to other ppl to buy, or buying gems). I as myself have made a lot of feedbacks talking about things I liked in the game, but its not the pretty words that makes the you become better, its the critiques. As a designer, Game Designer and a screenwriter, I’ve received several and several heavy critiques on works that I liked a lot, and did not received a single good word about it. It just made me remake and being better. Your sense of critiques are a bad thing, don’t fits in the real/professional wrold, so, or you are just a casual player that don’t work with this sort of stuff (And I don’t care if you are), or you are a child that will yet have to taste about what I’m talking.

Blude, I recognize your opinion about SAB, but you have to agree with me that with all the ammount of ppl that like that content , is just a shot on their feets ignore it. A LOT of people hate/dislike living story, but they aren’t going to stop it because the people that dislike or think it don’t fits into the game, so its very unfair of your part comes says that a content a lot of ppl really love should’t ever got back because YOU think it don’t fits into the game .

In a end post, I want to say that this isn’t about SAB itself, I’m using SAB as a target to the general anet words and makings recently. They are trying new sort of stuff on mmo world, and that is amazing, BUT you guys can’t just go straight ahead with your own toughts and forget the playerbase opinions and asks (As example of what I’m saying, this september feature patch has brought several and several features that the game didn’t need : THe new plyer experience has been a fail so far, even on the pc gamer review, the new trading post was completely unnecessary, and for some ppl it got even worse, so what I’m talking here is that they made a lot of content that no oned even wanted to be honest, and just let a lof of other parts of the game that needed rewrok completely untouched).

Regards, Cya.

in Living World

Posted by: EnlightenedNavigator.8296

EnlightenedNavigator.8296

Enlighted : Feedback of players is what makes a game fit inplayers taste. What youa re saying is to us NOT talk about what we dislike, so anet just keep making what they want without care what plkaers want? You know, this will comes to a point where no ones will come to play the game (Also, no one making paid process as indicating the game to other ppl to buy, or buying gems). I as myself have made a lot of feedbacks talking about things I liked in the game, but its not the pretty words that makes the you become better, its the critiques. As a designer, Game Designer and a screenwriter, I’ve received several and several heavy critiques on works that I liked a lot, and did not received a single good word about it. It just made me remake and being better. Your sense of critiques are a bad thing, don’t fits in the real/professional wrold, so, or you are just a casual player that don’t work with this sort of stuff (And I don’t care if you are), or you are a child that will yet have to taste about what I’m talking.

I know it’s good to have critiques, but it’s not healthy to have nothing but negative feedback. I very rarely see the community saying good things about Anet. It’s always just the bad stuff. If we only ever tell them what we don’t like and never what we do, then how are they supposed to make the game better. The idea that we should only tell them that we don’t like their game is stupid. It doesn’t encourage improvement. It doesn’t encourage anything. Yes, it’s okay to say that you don’t like parts of the game, but most of what I hear in map chat and see on forums is along the lines of “everything Anet touches turns into crap.” What does that accomplish? Nothing positive, I can assure you. if that’s all anyone ever said about you, (this is for everyone in the community who only ever complains about Anet,) then you’d probably give up. telling the devs what we like is just as important as telling them what we don’t like. I just wish people would encourage Anet, not discourage them.

-Mael

It’s made from scratch, so it holds more personal value.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I know it’s good to have critiques, but it’s not healthy to have nothing but negative feedback. I very rarely see the community saying good things about Anet. It’s always just the bad stuff. If we only ever tell them what we don’t like and never what we do, then how are they supposed to make the game better. The idea that we should only tell them that we don’t like their game is stupid. It doesn’t encourage improvement. It doesn’t encourage anything. Yes, it’s okay to say that you don’t like parts of the game, but most of what I hear in map chat and see on forums is along the lines of “everything Anet touches turns into crap.” What does that accomplish? Nothing positive, I can assure you. if that’s all anyone ever said about you, (this is for everyone in the community who only ever complains about Anet,) then you’d probably give up. telling the devs what we like is just as important as telling them what we don’t like. I just wish people would encourage Anet, not discourage them.

-Mael

Thats not entirely fair, the forums were (quite rightly) enthused over the improved quality in S2 and we’ve been asking for more Anise+Canach and more SAB (both showing to be fan favs and the feedback is for more of a good thing). We’ve enjoyed the season BUT 4 episodes on and then a rather big gap just kind of kills the momentum they had going and people are quite correct in pointing that out.

I think thats the main thing people are struggling with, the stop start nature – exciting world and then an empty one. Getting the balance of releases and keeping momentum with some great content needs to be the focus of ANet. (I agree though that some people do not articulate this very well) (Also SAB is awesome and keeps everyone happy – please return asap ^^)

in Living World

Posted by: dgenxp.8650

dgenxp.8650

I have to agree with both EnlightenedNavigator and Coulter here I do find there is too much negativity on the forums where some of this is warranted some of it is just isn’t and i think where critique is always a good way to help improve their product too much will just simply cause more bad then good. Where as Coulter is completely right about the time gap,

WARNING NEGATIVITY AHEAD
a company that has supposedly over 300 members should be able to keep the down time at low but it isn’t and it is just unacceptable, I personally am unimpressed that we have to wait so long and i am aware that “we are getting this content for free” but in order to keep people interested and buying into gems etc (like i do on a regular basis) they need to keep it fresh and keep people wanting to log in every 2 weeks, The new feature pack is not enough IMO for such a long gap as it is only minor changes that can be burned through rather quickly like myself (though i hate the new leveling changes).

RANT OVER
I just think they need to take there fingers out and produce content no matter how small for the majority of the players, I just cant see for the life of me the reason for such a sloppy implementation this is my only real gripe with this game.

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE
I for one love this game and have not enjoyed any other MMO as much as this and will continue to play this game until it shuts down be it 2 years or 20 years I just want to see the rest of this magnificent world, as a player of the original Guildwars i cant wait to see some more of the old places we visited and make the connection to GW1 be it Sad (Like the sunken lions arch) or a Happy one (Like the Henge of Denravi for me anyways) I do really love this game i just as with many other people want to see it continue to succeed this is why we critique so harshly on most cases

Thanks

DGENXP

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I highly doubt development schedules are reflected in lore, much less any delays in content delivery. So I guess you’re argument is fallacious?

I’m with Blude here, your argument is foundationless, you’re arguing from a narrative or lore perspective (i.e. what makes and does not make sense lore wise) in order to comment on development schedules.

I very rarely see the community saying good things about Anet. It’s always just the bad stuff.

A bad sample there. Some nice comments get made but unfortunately unhappy people are a lot more motivated to get themselves heard, and more willing to go through the effort of stoking the flames. A happy person won’t start 10 threads on the same topic or spam the same comment wherever they can.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I highly doubt development schedules are reflected in lore, much less any delays in content delivery. So I guess you’re argument is fallacious?

I’m with Blude here, your argument is foundationless, you’re arguing from a narrative or lore perspective (i.e. what makes and does not make sense lore wise) in order to comment on development schedules.

I very rarely see the community saying good things about Anet. It’s always just the bad stuff.

A bad sample there. Some nice comments get made but unfortunately unhappy people are a lot more motivated to get themselves heard, and more willing to go through the effort of stoking the flames. A happy person won’t start 10 threads on the same topic or spam the same comment wherever they can.

I’d like to start by saying I really like fallacious things. I find it extremely pleasurable and… I have just been informed that it means something other than what I was just thinking. Never mind.

Anyway, if there are people flaming negative comments on the forums (fora?), should we who actually appreciate some of the actions start 10 threads a day about what we like? It’s tempting, but I just don’t want to be “that guy”.

in Living World

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

What’s the obsession over SAB? I hardly ever see anyone using the weapons or titles from that place, so I doubt more than a very few spent enough time in there to be bothered getting them. I personally did though, and it was a mixed experience, one I’m in the end glad I don’t have to go through again.

Doing the new storymode and getting achivements from it and Dry Top, collecting coins etc., had a SAB light feeling to it. If it’s just for the old-school graphics, then this game probably isn’t the right one to be playing.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

What’s the obsession over SAB? I hardly ever see anyone using the weapons or titles from that place, so I doubt more than a very few spent enough time in there to be bothered getting them. I personally did though, and it was a mixed experience, one I’m in the end glad I don’t have to go through again.

Doing the new storymode and getting achivements from it and Dry Top, collecting coins etc., had a SAB light feeling to it. If it’s just for the old-school graphics, then this game probably isn’t the right one to be playing.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I enjoyed SAB despite earning any of the titles (at least, any of the real ones. I think I have Baby’s First Adventure, or something like that). And it’s not just the graphics or the silliness; the level design and different skill set was pretty fun, and hearing about all the various secret areas scattered throughout the worlds. It’s definitely GW2 in mini (in a And Now For Something Completely Different way) and since it’s already built, it would be nice if it was just unlocked for the first two worlds. Ideally, though, SAB will come back once not only W3 is finished, but W4 as well…

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

SAB was a whole new fantasticly designed area to take your beloved GW2 char through (you get to play Mario 64 on your own avatar!), people respond well to it because you can tell there was real passion in making it and it is awesome open to everyone content. Its a fan favourite and rightly so, people from every aspect of the game from PvP to RP really connect with it – hence the constant going on about it xD

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

For me, other than nostalgia, it’s simple, light-hearted fun, fantastic for breaks in btw intense wvw sessions. I have shield & sword weapon skins back in my store, just waiting for motivation to create a new toon to dress up as Link from ‘legend of Zelda’ XD

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

SAB world 2 was garbage and if that’s what the rest of the worlds would have been like, good riddance.

Not to mention how ridiculously alt-unfriendly it became (people are running it with multiple characters to get baubles? NOPE. Or the mandatory bauble grind to progress).

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

SAB world 2 was garbage and if that’s what the rest of the worlds would have been like, good riddance.

World 2 wasn’t garbage. It did have problems, but it was interesting. Definitely a lot harder and longer. It would have been a lot better if they had broken it into 5-6 zones instead of three. I hope they learned something from the reception of world 2 and make world 3 just as hard/different mechanics while keeping it shorter and more fun (depends on individual person definition of fun though).

Not to mention how ridiculously alt-unfriendly it became (people are running it with multiple characters to get baubles? NOPE. Or the mandatory bauble grind to progress).

This is true though. While I still don’t like that end chests/dig spots became account bound, it did cut down on the time I needed (my own problem) to play SAB.
The progression thing is needed though, otherwise we would be limiting what they can do to make each world/zone unique mechanics wise.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I have all three Greatswords and the main warhorn active on four different characters; keep in mind that those offhands don’t tend to stand out.

But I figure the real reason they aren’t so prevalent is that there’s a lot of competition in that wardrobe.

in Living World

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

Let’s be fair, they can introduce SAB back during a LS event , they just don’t want to.

Well said. ^^ If Edge of the Mists runs parallel to WvW activity, there shouldn’t be any problem for SAB going parallel to other activities in the game. SAB does not interfere with anything ingame.

Talking about the same team working on Living World probably working on feature updates … Finally we got an answer why GW2 narrative design / storytelling went downhill during 2013 and reached an unprecedented low-water mark in Guild Wars’ / Arenanets history right now … (which means: no story at all for months) =8-]

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | RĂ©mi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

(edited by AuroraW.7149)

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Everyone isn’t going to play the WvW tournament eh? If so, wouldn’t the Mist Scores reflect that?

I do like to give SAB a shot to see what the big deal is myself, but I think I can wait a few months more because I know that they will eventually bring it back. When? Hell if I know!

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Everyone isn’t going to play the WvW tournament eh? If so, wouldn’t the Mist Scores reflect that?

I do like to give SAB a shot to see what the big deal is myself, but I think I can wait a few months more because I know that they will eventually bring it back. When? Hell if I know!

Not necessarily. If even don’t on both sides, then it should, I would think, wind up being about the same scorings/ticks, since one side wouldn’t have more/extra players.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…