Season 1 in store too one day??

in Living World

Posted by: Saiyu.4726

Saiyu.4726

i really am not sure if this is the best place for this.. but it is living world forum.. so if we can buy season 2 , will season 1 ever be available for people who werent around for it? i wasnt around for that time even though i been around since beta. and i hate that i missed such a big part of the story. is it ever possible it willbe available in the store?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This comes up a huge amount. The answer is we don’t know.

S1 is not something that can be re-packaged and put out like season 2, since it is a totally different format compared to S2 and the even the personal story. It was based on massive group scale events, including a dungeon, a Tower which required taamwork to work up the levels; invasions across the entire world map; the invasion and destruction of LA, including multiple open world bosses which required teamwork in the similar sort of way as Silverwastes bosses do and an open world “raid” almost identical to Vinewrath in Silverwastes. Plus some festivals and storylines.

I have seen some excellent ideas (including a really good one from one of the lore experts, Konig) on how to convert this to a soloable piece of content, but it boils down to resources to re-code and re-imagine the whole thing. That would be a big undertaking imo and whilst it absolutely needs to happen for continuity purposes…I’m unconvinced it ever will.

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I would bet it won’t ever happen.

in Living World

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Twisted Marionette should be a World Boss.

in Living World

Posted by: Saiyu.4726

Saiyu.4726

This comes up a huge amount. The answer is we don’t know.

S1 is not something that can be re-packaged and put out like season 2, since it is a totally different format compared to S2 and the even the personal story. It was based on massive group scale events, including a dungeon, a Tower which required taamwork to work up the levels; invasions across the entire world map; the invasion and destruction of LA, including multiple open world bosses which required teamwork in the similar sort of way as Silverwastes bosses do and an open world “raid” almost identical to Vinewrath in Silverwastes. Plus some festivals and storylines.

I have seen some excellent ideas (including a really good one from one of the lore experts, Konig) on how to convert this to a soloable piece of content, but it boils down to resources to re-code and re-imagine the whole thing. That would be a big undertaking imo and whilst it absolutely needs to happen for continuity purposes…I’m unconvinced it ever will.

yeah i thought of this all too… but thinking about it arena.net over the years has been the best company and developer i have seen for content , creative thinking and coming out with ideas that keep the game fresh over and over. so if anyone im sure they can pull it off , if they were given enough time ofcourse this isnt something simple.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Unlikely it will ever return, sans some time warp adventure or object, given the changes and effects it had to the overall world.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yay for uninformed negative nellys.

Yes, it will return, the developers stated so at the end of LS1 and several times during LS2, there is no if, just a matter of when.

However, the content for season one wasn’t made in the instanced repeatable format we now see in the Living Story Journal, but as huge open world events. And there is unfortunately no way they can make those big open world events available again. So the Living World Season 1 will return, but not as it was, but reformatted to tell the same story, but in the new format used in season 2 and beyond.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Living World

Posted by: Chance.2365

Chance.2365

Yes, yes please.
I really need to death Scarlet’s helm.

in Living World

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

It’s almost not really possible and has been an evolution to what it is now. At first there was the Karka invasion in LA that happened once at one very specific time. Many people missed out entirely. There was so much lag that i raged the event as unplayable. It was very sadface.

They then did the living story updates and people wanted more larger group content over the course of a two week period and season one happened. The reason it cant really come back is because many of the events were equivalent to world bosses and were in open zones. Some were even world bosses. Groups of 25 couldn’t do them so there is no way to bring that back to a single person instance without extensive work and overhauling everything they did over a year. Think of it as trying to make the Shatter or Tequatal into a single person instance. They were based on multi group coordinated events.

So sadly it’s not likely that it will come back but really it’s not completely impossible. It really just not worth it for them to spend so much time and effort focusing on past stuff for a few. I’ll have to say that it was some really fun content though and wouldn’t mind it either.

in Living World

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

^ Would love to see this sort of setup for S1. S2 worked well for me as I like to take time running through story content and talk to npc’s, which I felt in S1 wasn’t as easy to do.

I do think that all Story content should really have the date shown as an intro to help keep the timeline clear though. I know it’s in the journal, but I’m guessing not everyone reads that.

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Season 2 had major parts in solo player instances, Season 1 open world content designed for a greater number of players. I leave the conclusion to you.

in Living World

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

I’m Still On Shaky Ground Here … Debating On Whether To Purchase The Second Season Or Not.

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

in Living World

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Twisted Marionette should be a World Boss.

Vinewrath just isn’t the same…

I never played WoW so when using the term “raid”, I don’t really mean the specific way they do things.. but I think it would be cool if some parts of LS1 (Tower of Nightmares would be PERFECT) could be set up as some kind of raid content. Finally let us have some harder PvE larger parties.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

(edited by Lindelle.3718)

in Living World

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I don’t think it’s impossible.
First of they already said we will get the old (non broken) Lion Arch for the personal story.
Another good sign is the wyvern fight. It’s instanced but you are still with a lot of players there. Maybe something like this could be added for fights like the marionette.

They only have to find a good way for us to start and join the older versions of maps or areas.
Maybe some mix of solo (or group) story instances, dungeons, open world maps and world bosses.
Simply when you start LS S1 the green box in the top right corner tells you to go to X and when that is done to the next X.
X being:
-The entrance to an solo story instances(just like Season 2)
-The entrance to an instanced boss map area (like the wyvern fight in the HoT beta)
-The entrance to an older ‘open world map’ (just like normal open world maps but older versions of them)
-The entrance to an old/removed dungeon (just like normal dungeons)

I would see no problem with dungeons being dungeons and a fractals at the same time.

You should also be able to replay anything beside the story instances which would require you to restart it in your hero story window.

(edited by Neox.3497)

in Living World

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

If I were you guys, I’d stock up on gems now by exchanging gold while the prices are still stable. Little by little if possible, up to 1600 gems reserved.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in Living World

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Yes, it will return, the developers stated so at the end of LS1 and several times during LS2, there is no if, just a matter of when.

I want you to link me to that interview/article, because I’m willing to bet they didn’t. What resources do that currently have available for such a massive undertaking?

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I want you to link me to that interview/article, because I’m willing to bet they didn’t. What resources do that currently have available for such a massive undertaking?

There you go~

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.