Season 2?

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

Q:

No new content for living story……when does season 2 start? seems to be the only thing keeping me playing Guild Wars 2…..and you can’t really call it Guild Wars anymore if we are not even allowed to have guild halls to fight each other now can we?, more like Dragon Wars.

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: RaciaFiertze.8253

RaciaFiertze.8253

A:

It used too, i loved GVG back in the day.

No it didn’t.
The name was lore-based since before release.

Guild wars had everything to do with “Guild wars”, hence the name >>GUILD WARS<<
Guild wars 1 was all about how people could create thier own guilds, with guild halls and special guild events, and have (wait for it) GUILD WARS with other guilds. I remember logging in to battle my personal guild with my friends guild all the time. I agree this is more likeDragon Wars… actually… not even, since there really hasnt been much dragon fighting either. Its more like….. “undead (with a few dragons somewhere off in the background and a minor guild role established) wars” XD

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

“Guild Wars” name has nothing to do with actual in game guilds.

Season 2?

in Living World

tazzannl.5016

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No it didn’t.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Anet already stated they were taking a break from story producing so that they can present a better story than season 1. Like with TV series, I expect the new season to begin after summer – though maybe it’ll start with the anniversary, or DragonBash (a good way to introduce going after a new Elder Dragon).

There’s a lot in the game, so much so that I would find you a bloody liar if you said you did everything in your preferred format of PvE, WvW, or sPvP.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

Shhhhh, maybe it will die out don’t call it… let Living story die….please… so that Arena Net can focus one Bringing the Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2…

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

Shhhhh, maybe it will die out don’t call it… let Living story die….please… so that Arena Net can focus one Bringing the Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2…

Exactly. I’d rather see the vanilla setting evolve into new situations than have another blitz of bymonthly happenings. I mean there are still human and charr sitting in a tent in the middle of the field of ruins, discussing a truce… for the last two years. Neither humans or centaurs have made any headway in their struggle, etc…

I’d love to see minor evolution of things stacking up to something meaningfull over time all over Tyria than have a two week achievement rush in a given spot.

There is a story to tell EVERYWHERE!

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Guild Wars 2: (Hot Romance Dragons) uh oh well I expect it to have its name changed because I haven’t seen guild wars officially.

It’s all about THE COLORS

Season 2?

in Living World

tazzannl.5016

Anet already stated they were taking a break from story producing so that they can present a better story than season 1. Like with TV series, I expect the new season to begin after summer – though maybe it’ll start with the anniversary, or DragonBash (a good way to introduce going after a new Elder Dragon).

There’s a lot in the game, so much so that I would find you a bloody liar if you said you did everything in your preferred format of PvE, WvW, or sPvP.

pvp hasn’t interested me in the slightest, and WVW meh it was fun at first….then it got stupid.

(edited by tazzannl.5016)

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: tryme.6295

tryme.6295

Just FYI, the name ‘Guild Wars’ has nothing to do with GvG, Guild Halls or whatnot..
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

No it didn’t.

Guild wars had everything to do with “Guild wars”, hence the name >>GUILD WARS<<
Guild wars 1 was all about how people could create thier own guilds, with guild halls and special guild events, and have (wait for it) GUILD WARS with other guilds. I remember logging in to battle my personal guild with my friends guild all the time. I agree this is more likeDragon Wars… actually… not even, since there really hasnt been much dragon fighting either. Its more like….. “undead (with a few dragons somewhere off in the background and a minor guild role established) wars” XD

This is false. Guild wars is based off of the Guild War that took place before Guild Wars Prophecy. This was the war between the three guilds of Orr, Kryta and Ascalon. The war ended when the Searing hit Ascalon and the Cataclysm hit Orr. Nothing to do with in-game player made guilds. Sorry if you thought differently. =P

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: RaciaFiertze.8253

RaciaFiertze.8253

No it didn’t.

This is false. Guild wars is based off of the Guild War that took place before Guild Wars Prophecy. This was the war between the three guilds of Orr, Kryta and Ascalon. The war ended when the Searing hit Ascalon and the Cataclysm hit Orr. Nothing to do with in-game player made guilds. Sorry if you thought differently. =P

your correct and incorrect at the same time. while yes, it was about the guild war that happened pre-prophecy, this guild war event is the catalyst for the “guild wars” players could participate in with their individual guilds. so yes, it was named after that war, but that war is basicly the starter reasoning FOR the actual player guild wars

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Hatepool.3592

Hatepool.3592

No more living story. Please.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

PvE sucks, always has and always will in every MMO available….Unfortunately, they aren’t ever going to figure out WvW so there’s nothing to look forward too, especially with so many roamers/soloists walking away from the game because of all the Zerglings….SPvP is and always has been a bad joke, insert Skyhammer references anytime. Though they did have a good idea when they tried to make SPvP, they just clearly didn’t know what the hell they were doing. -_-

So basically, the only reason why I’m still playing this game, is because ESO isn’t even close to being worth a monthly fee and all the “free to play” games out there are kitten compared to this one.
This line probably won’t make it past the Kittenz’ but here goes;
“Dog kitten is dog kitten, whether it’s on fire or not.”

In this case GW2 is dog kitten, minus the fire.

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

No it didn’t.

your correct and incorrect at the same time. while yes, it was about the guild war that happened pre-prophecy, this guild war event is the catalyst for the “guild wars” players could participate in with their individual guilds. so yes, it was named after that war, but that war is basicly the starter reasoning FOR the actual player guild wars

I wasn’t disputing what the game’s core content was about, or what content players believe should be considered more important than others. The game title itself was not named for the guild mechanic, pretty much every RPG contains some sort of guild mechanic. The game was titled after the Guild War event. That is fact. Whether or not you guys insist on arguing about what mechanics and content is more important, I won’t play any part in that. I am just clarifying the origin of the game title. Nothing more, nothing less. The guild wars has nothing to do with the competitive battles between guilds. If this was the case, we should be calling every game out there with competitive guild battles ‘guild wars’. Does that make sense? Sorry to sound a little catty, but disputing an opinion is one thing, but disputing a fact is entirely different =P If anything, I hope this helps you understand something you didn’t know. I suggest you read in on the lore of Guild Wars if you have not already. It is very fascinating and I have always enjoyed the stories that Arena Net has created/added to the Guild Wars Universe and look forward to more of it with Living Story Season 2.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

As Colin mentioned the next big event is the launch in China. Season 2 of LW will start after this – maybe begin of June.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

As Colin mentioned the next big event is the launch in China. Season 2 of LW will start after this – maybe begin of June.

Exactly.

They haven’t even started working on content.
I keep saying this and no one believes me.

They are working for that China Communist Dollar…

They can care less for you…
you already gave them your money… they already got your dollar

Idiots are continuing to give them money for ugly helms…

It’s gonna be a long wait.

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Exactly.

I find it extremely unlikely that they have not started working on the content yet.

They have even outright stated that they have the ending for season 2, which would suggest that they have very much started working on it (and started working on stuff involves brainstorming, writing and stuff like that as well, not just straight coding).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Exactly.

They are working for that China Communist Dollar…

They can care less for you…
you already gave them your money… they already got your dollar

Idiots are continuing to give them money for ugly helms…

It’s gonna be a long wait.

They’re not making any new content for China, so it’s unlikely that they’re going to be putting all resources into China to the point of not even having started Season 2 when they begin working on LW content 4 months before release. Which means that if they haven’t started working on it yet, we don’t get Season 2 until August.

Do you really think Anet is stupid enough to give no new content for half of a year when they’ve been pumping out content (mostly temporary at that) for 15 months flat?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Tazhpa.9810

Tazhpa.9810

I think there will never be a game that changes in-game world drastically. Majority of player base have not been with the game when it was first launched, so you can´t drop basic content from them. This is the reason why the basic world never changes in any MMO game. Living World, on the other hand, provides a way to put changing world events and story that lives beside the basic content. It it the extra you get being in the right place at the right time. The basic world hardly never changes, because people are still buying this game from stores every single day. The Living World is a design to keep the world feeling like it would be alive.

There should be some kind of per-player-evolving-system if people want that the thousands ingame NPCs change their talk and surroundings when player evolves in the game story. With millions of player accounts this doesn´t seem very realistic to me, to be honest.

I´m waiting season 2 like rising sun, I´ve enjoyed em so much so far. But we all have different opinions, of course. I´d gladly see the whole world changing slowly, but that would be a massive operation. Without monthly cost, I really can´t see that happening at least in this game system. But what ArenaNet could do is change a bit here and there, of course.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I think they should make some kind of announcement, usually Anet are good communicating with their player base – except for the LS both in the game and out of it.

If they are taking time to make sure the LS is better than season 1 that’s good but lets be honest here, they won’t need to try too hard for it to be better considering how poorly written the first story was. Hopefully they are touching up there knowledge on how to create good characters as well. Perhaps Anet has sent their writing team to a night class in creative writing.

tbh just get good writers. Time for some fresh blood.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: davadude.6017

davadude.6017

Exactly.

Don’t know how serious you are… but you are aware Arenanet can make content in that time, as the localization for China is being done by another company?

davadude – Ego Sum Promptus

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Rorschakiin.9437

Rorschakiin.9437

They’ve said that the two-week model is good because it keeps people playing actively. Can’t see myself playing for multiple months with what we have now and I don’t think I am the only one. Getting players back in the game could be a major problem after a a brake like that.

Excpect, you know, if they announced an expansion.

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

I wasn’t disputing what the game’s core content was about, or what content players believe should be considered more important than others. The game title itself was not named for the guild mechanic, pretty much every RPG contains some sort of guild mechanic. The game was titled after the Guild War event. That is fact. Whether or not you guys insist on arguing about what mechanics and content is more important, I won’t play any part in that. I am just clarifying the origin of the game title. Nothing more, nothing less. The guild wars has nothing to do with the competitive battles between guilds. If this was the case, we should be calling every game out there with competitive guild battles ‘guild wars’. Does that make sense? Sorry to sound a little catty, but disputing an opinion is one thing, but disputing a fact is entirely different =P If anything, I hope this helps you understand something you didn’t know. I suggest you read in on the lore of Guild Wars if you have not already. It is very fascinating and I have always enjoyed the stories that Arena Net has created/added to the Guild Wars Universe and look forward to more of it with Living Story Season 2.

If you’re debating the origin of the title of the game, you’re also arguing the intent of the developers as far as it concerns marketing, branding, audience, etc. There’s no way to make your case without invoking the importance of the components of the game. The title doesn’t exist in a vacuum.

And it’s quite a generic title, yes. Nice observation. Runes aren’t unique to Runescape and Wars aren’t unique to Warcraft though so your point holds no weight. Considering it’s very easy to go your entire time playing GW1 without knowing much, if anything at all, about an event that happened prior to the original game, it’s difficult to think of the original intent of the developers as having been focused exclusively on this backdrop when branding their game.

Furthermore, we know that Guild Wars 1 was first and foremost a PvP game. It was marketed as a competitive role playing game. Everything from the skill systems to the way people were taken through content reinforced this. And at the center of this was Guilds, Guild halls, and GvGs.

You’re certainly not wrong that the name, as far as the lore is concerned, references that event, but to claim that the branding (mainly the title of the game) had nothing to do with the competitive guild battles is an outright falsehood.

Kegmaster

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Call me a pushover or easily entertained but the Season 1 story DID pleasantly keep my interest for the better part of last year. I guess I’m the guy that sits in the front car of the roller-coaster so I can see things as they come flying at me, hands up, screaming loudly, looking for fun and usually finding it. Season 1 was fun for me – no, it wasn’t the second coming of Shakespeare but it was decent enough to make the first log in every two weeks an exciting moment to see what they did. How do you downplay the destruction of LA? The scavenger hunt? The Nightmare Tower?

I could definitely see many cool things by subtle changes in the existing hearts and dynamic events – that’s the strength of this game, that anything can happen anytime (well, on schedule now, for the big battles). Change up the DE’s and tweak the hearts and you have some compelling content to fill the gaps between Season 2 and (dare it be said) more maps!

Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Exactly.

Colin already stated in Jan 2014 they were working on expansion related content.