Season 2 Boss Fights Annoying

in Living World

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

In anticipation of the expansion I recently came back to GW2 to play through Season 2 of the Living Story. I’m a little more than halfway through but have decided not to bother finishing. The story is decent and I want to see what happens next, but each mission seems to consist of a really annoying fight.

Bosses seem to have huge health pools that take a long time to whittle away, and they usually revolve around some kind of gimmick to complete the fight. Not only that, but they hit really hard. I’m constantly going from full health to downed in 1 – 2 seconds without having any idea what happened. I typically finish each mission with a few pieces of broken armor. I have not enjoyed a single one of them.

People may think I just suck or whatever, that’s fine. But for feedback to ANet, as someone who comes and goes from GW2, playing through these episodes has been an exercise in frustration that has just led me not to bother playing.

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

y cant metroid crawl?

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So easier content then?

in Living World

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

There are issues with the fights in this game in that the endurance system for dodges really doesn’t fit the attack style of many bosses., and the hit boxes are glitched on certain fights. Sorry to hear that you don’t find the fights enjoyable though.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It depends on the class, I had zero problems with bosses as a ranger or warrior. A rather hard time as Elementalist. But even then; they aren’t really hard. You have to learn the mechanics and at the end you will fighting them without going down – especially if you do the achievements.

My advise: instead of complaining just learn the mechanics, I observe a development in the game community that concerns me and that is the constant complaining instead of learn and overcome a challenge: you will feel satisfied. I am glad that games like Dark Souls or the newly released Bloodborne are there.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There are issues with the fights in this game in that the endurance system for dodges really doesn’t fit the attack style of many bosses.

You’re not supposed to always dodge. Sometimes you step out of the way, jump, evade/avoid using a skill or simply take the hit, then heal.

The dragon fight in the grove for example. I remember people complaining about dying a lot and not being able to avoid everything. Jump.

in Living World

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It’s a direct result of many players asking for more challenge content.
It’s gonna be difficult for Anet to cater players from both ends.

in Living World

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

Its not hard, you just gotta learn the game. If U never play it regularly you shouldnt be able to do it easily. To complain about it being hard… Its a reason Anet wont answer most people

in Living World

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

It’s great, finally something that is somewhat “hard”, when you learn the mechanics you can take the boss out. It’s not a gimmick, it’s a mechanic.

A-net don’t nerf, i too end up mad when i can’t kill the bosses as fast as i would like, but i like it, i like that it’s difficult.

in Living World

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

maybe learn the animations that are destroying you

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

in Living World

Posted by: adrian.4962

adrian.4962

Yea, the bosses fights from season to are very badly done and everything is topped with bugs and script errors. If you didn’t got Season 2 by now, it’s not something to spend money on.

For example in part 8 there is a fight where you have to light a fire circle. Then the boss escapes and you need to do that again except this time you can’t do it because the event script breaks down and your NPCs don’t throw you any more of that fire….

Everything is done very sloppy

Think of the Seasson 2 and the Silverwastes map as Orr but with more fail…

in Living World

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You need to understand the mechanics, as you say, you have no clue why you are dying. Do some research on the net or pay attention to your sourroundings/buffs/mechanics and find the pattern to overcome the encounter. Then itll be easy, and you’ll feel good about yourself.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Living World

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

I guess you use a meta zerker pve build?
Change your setup. With my pve axebowshoutcleric warrior it was all easy. But with pve meta build, it kittend.

in Living World

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

With my pve axebowshoutcleric warrior it was all easy.

This needs to be on a poster somewhere.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Living World

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I have to say from a design standpoint,bugs and hit boxes aside,these are
some of the most enjoyable fights in the game.
Nicely telegraphed attacks and interesting mechanics.
Definitely not hard,I finished all the fights on the first attempt,except the
last dragon fight in the cave which has a hit box bug,but even then I didn’t die,
just the boss wouldn’t die and stayed invulnerable.
A big improvement over the current dungeon and DE boss fights.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I also didn’t have much of a problem with the season 2 bosses. Sure, they are more challenging that most story bosses, but that’s what makes it fun. I’ve done it all with several characters, all zerkers, and if you learn the mechanics it shouldn’t be too much of a problem (bugs aside, which I didn’t seem to experience, at least not the ones mentioned above). In the end it’s all about personal preference. Some want difficult content, others want to rush through it without much challenge. This will be the case with whatever they put in the game. Impossible to please all.