Season 2 Continues January 13th...

in Living World

Posted by: Collective.9206

Collective.9206

Anet for the love of all that is holy… Why do we need to wait another month when we’ve all been anticipating the finale for next week

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/season-2-returns-on-january-13/

Loving my toxic themed Asuran engineer >:)

in Living World

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

hopefully its more content the next patch cause 30 minutes/ 1 hour of content aint cutting it. Only if you havent played the whole LS up till now then you’d have an expansion worth of content the way this is going is bad.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

major disappointment

in Living World

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

WEll everyone wants to spend some free time whit family and friends at holiday season. There just humans.

But plz stop lying to WvW players that big things are coming to it. There’s nothing coming to wvw till 2016. And that most likely is making it all megaserver karma train.
No one asked removal of white swords (ok maybe some crazy ppl from low tier servers.)
If you realy would wanted real uptates you would have asked T1 servers comunitys not just go and do stuff nobody wants.

in Living World

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Waiting another month and THEN waiting for another couple months after until the feature patch comes up, probably? We can’t really know, because if we knew what was coming past a month, we wouldn’t have such wonderful surprises as we do today.

in Living World

Posted by: Perses God.4621

Perses God.4621

Yeah we knew Wintersday was coming on the 16th, but many of us hoped we would get episode 8, as we believed that would be the final episode, last 2 pieces of armour, and at least resolve some, if not all of the cliffhangers we have had over the last for episodes.

Long breaks between seasons I understand, but constant breaks during seasons, gets rather annoying, and leads to many episodes being just catch up episodes when they return. I would hope that they can change this format in the future seasons.

I am sure people have stated before that the living world/story could continue during festival/holiday events, but I can not seem to find anything in regards to this.

Also why the sudden move of Wintersday from LA to DR, when Halloween did not move? The rebuilding was on going during this event, yet they still had time to deck out the place, just seems rather odd. I do hope that we do see the rebuilding of LA end within the next coming months.

All in all, I am just disappointed. Let us hope that when the remaining episode(s) return in January that the impact this story has on Tyria, is as huge as they say it is or there will be a lot of disappointed players.

in Living World

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

What was that about a ‘2 week schedule’ again?

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well… that is just disapointing.

With all the good stuff they did with this season so far, the constant breaks, cliffhanger and unanswered questions are grinding on my patience.

I do not want to feel entitled to these things, but at his point I just want a simple finished story.

It is nice… but… yeah… good effort, but for every supposed step forward I do not feel we get somewhere.
I feel like we are standing still.

I really hoped for at least some kind of conclusion.

in Living World

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Chapters take max an hour to finish, i bet that is such a big problem to do while wintersday only last an entire month

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Maybe they are taking people’s “suggestions” and taking some extra time to debug.

Edit: And it’s not like we won’t have anything to do in the mean time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Considering it says season 2 returns Jan 13th, and there is no mention of it being the finale (it only says it’s a pivotal moment of season 2), I’m taking that to mean episode 8 isn’t the season finale. Whether or not that’s true, time can only tell.

As for my reaction… Le sigh.

I guess that’s more time to play DA:I and draft Hex’s set 2. I’m going to have a lot of Mordrum body parts bags when the next episode finally rolls around.

in Living World

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Considering it says season 2 returns Jan 13th, and there is no mention of it being the finale (it only says it’s a pivotal moment of season 2), I’m taking that to mean episode 8 isn’t the season finale. Whether or not that’s true, time can only tell.

As for my reaction… Le sigh.

I guess that’s more time to play DA:I and draft Hex’s set 2. I’m going to have a lot of Mordrum body parts bags when the next episode finally rolls around.

They’ve already said it was the last episode of the season.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They’ve already said it was the last episode of the season.

When?

As far as I am aware people have long ASSUMED that there would be 8 episodes, but I have never actually seen ArenaNet confirm (or deny) it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

I would say if we assume something that will disappoint us, then it will probably end up being true.

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Calm down guys.

We’ve got snowball fights to take part in, and presents full of dirty socks to open! It’s much more important than finding the egg to save Tyria, seriously!

/sarcasm off

I can safely do something else for the next month, and even beyond since I assume that at that rate we won’t get any significant changes to the game (besides broken feature packs of course) for the next decade…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I still remember when someone asked in mapchat if there will be a final LS this month, and i told him “most probably not, it will be just the winter event”. 3 “white knights” of guild wars jumped on me so aggressive..quite literally, telling me i don’t know ANet, they will make both LS + winter…because they have 2 separate teams for LS and for events like winter..bla bla bla.

Such funny, much irony…wow. The aggressiveness of people defending an imaginary “profile” they made about ANet is adorable….the tears that always and undeniably come after, each time guaranteed, are priceless.

in Living World

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They seriously need to get a new person who is in charge of the release schedule.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

They seriously need to get a new person who is in charge of the release schedule.

So.. when they did tell us Episode 8 was the last episode? You never answered that.

One can of course also question if you really want a potentially rather large patch released in a situation when most issues would not be fixable until people get back from the holidays?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s poorly paced.

You can understand why a mid-season break needs to happen, but this is the second time season 2 is getting a break, and it comes right after two cliffhangers with only one episode left.

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

This is disappointing.

Most of us are expecting Wintersday to be a total rerun of last year. If that is the case we can expect (1) clicking on stuff in LA (2) grindIng bells/toypacalypse/snowball mayhem/ jump puzzle, hopefully not 40 times each, and (3) Workshop (which didn’t need to be grinded last year but did in year one) as well as a Pvp rewards track.

This wasn’t enough stuff to do last year, when we got a simultaneous living story to do.

I don’t know why everybody is saying there is only one LS update left. There could easily be two. The teaser has us exploring beyond the door, but there is also the area beyond the vines in the west. Plus there are two armor pieces left.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in Living World

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

So.. when they did tell us Episode 8 was the last episode? You never answered that.

They said that “The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1” (episode 4) would be followed by a mid season break. so,episode 4 would be halfway through the season.

Taken from http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-trailer-teases-the-dragons-reach-part-1/

“The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 will be the penultimate fortnightly Season 2 release before the Living World goes on a mid-season break.”

Taken from http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/guild-wars-2s-living-world-mid-season-finale-launches-today/
“The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2, launches today, opening a brand-new explorable area within Dry Top and adding PvP perks. Says ArenaNet, … The launch brings to a close the first half of this current living world season; the storyline will resume “this fall.”

So 1 more episode and that will be the end of season 2. If season 3 will be like season 2, then the season 3 will start at the start of July…
It feels like anet isn’t even trying to give us an ‘expansions pack’ worth of content, they aren’t even matching the amount of content that other games are producing.

(edited by NathanH.1465)

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We already know that the remaining pieces of armor will be both given in the next episode, and the last one also gave us two pieces, not one. Which suggests, that the next episode, while not necessarily a Season finale, will nevertheless end the current part of the story.

One can of course also question if you really want a potentially rather large patch released in a situation when most issues would not be fixable until people get back from the holidays?

Well, you were one 100% sure the next patch will hit on 16th december, even when most other posters predicted a break. It’s interesting how you suddenly stopped thinking it is a good idea.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

WEll everyone wants to spend some free time whit family and friends at holiday season. There just humans.

But plz stop lying to WvW players that big things are coming to it. There’s nothing coming to wvw till 2016. And that most likely is making it all megaserver karma train.
No one asked removal of white swords (ok maybe some crazy ppl from low tier servers.)
If you realy would wanted real uptates you would have asked T1 servers comunitys not just go and do stuff nobody wants.

… because playing for the hour it takes to finish a living story session takes away from spending time with your family? If you’re talking about the development side it’s obviously the other way around: they WILL be working on this over the holidays (at least some last polishing touches) whereas if they would’ve released it last week they’d be in the last stages of beta-testing it now.

Also the heck man – the removal of white swords was the idea of some t1 clown. It’s a result of a dev tagging along with some t1 guild during that event they had going on during the wvw tournament. It’s the low tier servers that will suffer from this by far the most and thus they’ve been the ones complaining about this the most. If you don’t know the context don’t just incoherently blame random people.

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

So 1 more episode and that will be the end of season 2. If season 3 will be like season 2, then the season 3 will start at the start of July…
It feels like anet isn’t even trying to give us an ‘expansions pack’ worth of content, they aren’t even matching the amount of content that other games are producing.

Funny enough, when they were given that “title” of a expansions worth of content they used to announce it on every possible social network. But they’ve stopped doing that with Season 2…

The slow pacing of S2 was able to kill a couple of guilds that I knew xD

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

With all those breaks I almost forgot what S2 E1-E4 was all about.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: Corrada.7304

Corrada.7304

6 months and still NO END? nice joke really ;s

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

They said that “The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1” (episode 4) would be followed by a mid season break. so,episode 4 would be halfway through the season.

Taken from http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-trailer-teases-the-dragons-reach-part-1/

“The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 will be the penultimate fortnightly Season 2 release before the Living World goes on a mid-season break.”

Taken from http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/guild-wars-2s-living-world-mid-season-finale-launches-today/
“The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2, launches today, opening a brand-new explorable area within Dry Top and adding PvP perks. Says ArenaNet, … The launch brings to a close the first half of this current living world season; the storyline will resume “this fall.”

Mid-season does not have to mean the exact middle of a season. Just that it happens between the start and the end.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Mid-season does not have to mean the exact middle of a season. Just that it happens between the start and the end.

So, is that then the second “mid” season break then?

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

On the other hand, “first half” from the second quote you have conveniently omitted means exactly that.

Actions, not words.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So, two cliffhangers, basically no answers to questions dragged up by said cliffhangers, and having to wait yet another month before we hopefully get some.

Disappointing.

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

hopefully its more content the next patch cause 30 minutes/ 1 hour of content aint cutting it.

What would ‘cut it’? How much free content should we be entitled to each week or two?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

hopefully its more content the next patch cause 30 minutes/ 1 hour of content aint cutting it.

What would ‘cut it’? How much free content should we be entitled to each week or two?

Essentially an entire expansion every two week is what some people want.

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

Strawman much?

Actions, not words.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Strawman much?

It was an exaggeration.

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Are you people serious? You’re aware this game is made by people, right? Human beings, who have families, and commitments in their lives that they have to fulfill? Or perhaps you don’t know what that’s like?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Anet for the love of all that is holy… Why do we need to wait another month when we’ve all been anticipating the finale for next week

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/season-2-returns-on-january-13/

I think it’s great that way. I remember when they were every 2 weeks and I felt everything I did was rushed and I couldn’t keep up. In my opinion they perfected the timing of releases now with ample time to chill, relax and do other stuff too.

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: kyrmana.5679

kyrmana.5679

I’d like to thank A-Net for having their long breaks around holidays and finals.

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I just hope next year they schedule episodes better because they made a compromise with playerbase when they announced 2-week releases. This year had quite a few unexpected breaks…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I just hope next year they schedule episodes better because they made a compromise with playerbase when they announced 2-week releases. This year had quite a few unexpected breaks…

What are all these unexpected breaks you talk about?
As far as I am aware the only one that were even slightly unexpected was the one we have now. And that was also basically said when we returned after Halloween as far as I remember.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Niwatori.2813

Niwatori.2813

Calm your self guys.

Anet just wants us to experience the last winterday, before Tyria as we know it, changes forever!

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Strawman much?

If I could give you a medal, I would. But +1 instead.

As far as the original topic, I’m okay with since Wintersday will take attention instead. Still, with all the money donated, I’m still a little disappointed Lion’s Arch isn’t at least halfway finished.

I mean, if the Chinese can build a skyscraper and apartment complex in a day, surely the asura can rebuild in less than a year.

For God’s sakes, use magic!

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

Was at least hoping to get the new extraction devices to work on the 12 pieces needed over the month. Disappointed.

in Living World

ghost.3208

Are you people serious? You’re aware this game is made by people, right? Human beings, who have families, and commitments in their lives that they have to fulfill? Or perhaps you don’t know what that’s like?

Yes, like in every job out there. I certainly wish I also had a 1 month break, but well it’s not like I’m complaining at Anet for that.

#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Yes, like in every job out there. I certainly wish I also had a 1 month break, but well it’s not like I’m complaining at Anet for that.

I can see that ANet employees deserve a christmas break but I guess many people here don’t have an actual job because they are still students or whatever but in the western world it’s pretty much common practice that employees get the 24th, 25th and 26th off, together with the 31st and 1st of january. How this warrants a rather large break for LS, I don’t know since I can’t just tell my boss: ‘hey next week is christmas, so I won’t work until middle of january. kthxbye’.

in Living World

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I wonder if Anet is working on something big (Expansion?) or if they’re just severely understaffed, because if neither then there really isn’t an excuse for this extreme lack of content. Alot of players, such as myself, have spent thousands of hours and some money on this game, and to see it in this pathetic shape is forcing more of us to quit everyday.

I mean taking weeks off for the Holidays is normal, but the minimal content in recent living stories and lack of updates outside LS is frustrating to say the least.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I really wonder if all those people shouting about the “extreme lack of content” have ever actually played another MMO before.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I really wonder if all those people shouting about the “extreme lack of content” have ever actually played another MMO before.

Yep i’ve played EvE.. (now launching 4 expansions a year)… WoW… (introduce 15 new zones, 30 new dungeons, 5 raids, new class, new race, new skills every year), played LOTRO (4 expansions, dozens of new zones, new classes, new skills, new raids, new dungeons, new mechanics, mounted combat), played GW2 (1.5 zones added in 2 years…)

I have to wonder if you’ve ever played another MMO…

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Yea I played Guild Wars 1, World of Warcraft and EvE.
mmo’s that churn out entire kitten continents filled to the brim with content.

Did you ever play another mmo?

Yes it’s more expensive in some cases but it’s worth it. Everyone constantly uses the “but it’s free” excuse here. Yes it’s free, I can clearly tell by the quantity.

Though I must say the quality of LS is a lot better, I like the story quests and the new zones (even though they are way too small). The only problem now is quantity.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Chapters take max an hour to finish

Show me how you got a biolumiscient armor in a hour please, then.
Did the story instances, the JP, the collecting gold coins all in a hour? You must have amazing skills.
Or did you only counted the story instances? That’s like saying “I don’t like the JP, I don’t like the collections for the armor, I don’t like story instances, so the patch contains absolutely NOTHING for me and I got a play time of zero minutes, SHAME!”

in Living World

ghost.3208

Chapters take max an hour to finish

Show me how you got a biolumiscient armor in a hour please, then.
Did the story instances, the JP, the collecting gold coins all in a hour? You must have amazing skills.
Or did you only counted the story instances? That’s like saying “I don’t like the JP, I don’t like the collections for the armor, I don’t like story instances, so the patch contains absolutely NOTHING for me and I got a play time of zero minutes, SHAME!”

Well he/she very clearly said chapters, nothing about the rewards or the new events on the maps. And yes it takes like an hour to finish the story instances.

#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice