Season 2 LS should have replayablity

in Living World

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I mean, Fractals is about going back in time. Why can’t I do it for past LS?

LS can be added to Fractals, or a time machine dungeon/gooba gaba gaga or whatever. I want it to be Fractals so it can be simple, instead of 800 types of instanced game modes.

For season 2 of LS, I expect it to be replayable in some way, instanced is something I prefer.

in Living World

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat (dungeons introduced during Living World) are replayable as fractals. Maybe we will see more dungeons converted to fractals in the future.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye, one of the biggest issues with replayability is the fact that the majority of the Living World takes place in the world, and thus making it replayable might be quite hard.
Dungeons are easy, just place them in Fractals, but open world? Not so much.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

yayuuu.9420

Well, it’s not that hard. It would be possible to do it the same way as the personal story is made. It could be even extended personal story, so once you defeat Zaithan, a new danger appears and you do everything to stop Scarlet, going from point A to B in the world and entering instances.
This way, new players would be able to experience the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Well, it’s not that hard. It would be possible to do it the same way as the personal story is made. It could be even extended personal story, so once you defeat Zaithan, a new danger appears and you do everything to stop Scarlet, going from point A to B in the world and entering instances.
This way, new players would be able to experience the story.

Yeah, I like this idea. Maybe they could tie in the achievements from the ‘Historical’ section so new players could be able to obtain them (and the skins/titles from them). Also, I’d like to see them throw in The Lost Shores in between Zhaitan’s death and the Flame and Frost stuff, so new players can get the Ancient Karka Shell 20-slot Box. I D/C’d like 30 times when it was actually live on servers but was lucky enough to get to loot the chest at the end, but I’ve always wanted to replay it in a more stable environment.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

LS can be added to Fractals, or a time machine dungeon/gooba gaba gaga or whatever. I want it to be Fractals so it can be simple, instead of 800 types of instanced game modes.

For season 2 of LS, I expect it to be replayable in some way, instanced is something I prefer.

Fractals is not going back in time. Fractals is not a time machine.

in Living World

yayuuu.9420

Fractals is not going back in time. Fractals is not a time machine.

It is about going back in time (wel, partially). In fractals you are experiencing events, that happened in the past, but you can’t change it to have any impact on the present. It’s like watching the history movie, where you are playing the main character.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah. I wanted to make that distinction. However, they’re already working on a way to see previous living story elements. It would either be a summary like for the personal story or hopefully an item that let’s you re-watch cutscenes. They already have an item that does just that for one particular cutscene.

in Living World

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

No thanks. That’s not really a Living World is it? I’d rather keep looking forward to all the new content coming my way than mess about in dead content that isn’t relevant anymore.

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

They could probably do this by having multiple versions of maps. For example, if you have a “history book” or “journals in Tyria” or some other quest item in your bag, you could choose to go to a previous version instance of the map provided you are level 80 or some other requirements. It sort of works like an overflow. I know this maybe a software bugs galore, and this might be resource intensive; workers and hardware. I don’t know, I want LS and an evolving world, but I do want to visit past locations as they were in the past.

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

No thanks. That’s not really a Living World is it? I’d rather keep looking forward to all the new content coming my way than mess about in dead content that isn’t relevant anymore.

Uh-huh. Well you have fun with that double-fragmented storyline. I’m having fun with PS playthroughs and dungeons.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Posted by: IridRadiant.1027

IridRadiant.1027

I think they should instance the previous living world stuff under something like Norn spirit quests; we’ve had lots of Asura stuff already. I know several people who are reluctant to pick up the game again because they can’t catch up with the living story – I would also enjoy ‘going back’ to get some of the stuff I couldn’t get during my intermittent play. They can just have it give the achievement and not any other bonus chests to make it fair to the people who did it at the time it came out.

Instancing it would take some time, so it would make sense that you couldn’t do the stuff that just got finished, so that would provide some incentive to do the stuff currently out while you’re catching up on the stuff you missed. Instancing the past events will also help deter people ‘living in the past’ and keep players mostly in the present zones. Some challenges will be also downscaling some of the group events to handle a single group of 5 instead of waiting for a zerg group (like the current marionette and worm events).