Season 2 got me hooked again.

in Living World

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

So, after 3 months of wild summer and a break from all kind of gaming, I came back to play the GW2.

Despite the gaps in the last 2 feature patches that still bother me, I finished the Season 2 episodes given so far, to “clear the air” sort of speak. In one take. And I must confess – job well done. It felt deep and intriguing. It looks like devs took their time and fixed what was missing or it didn’t felt good during Season 1.

The characters did a realy good job with presenting the story thus far. I see people complaining about the dialog not being able to be skipped. But I believe this is the right way to get into the story more deeply.
Perhaps what happened to Belinda slipped quite fast in the story and came as a shock but oh well.. Taimi in the other hand gave me a good laugh on many occasions (american humor at it’s finest) it felt rly good. And the entire episodes they were called me “da boss”. Kinda weird but who doesn’t want to get his kitten kissed (and we all called for it after S1 lol). The mystery with the nobles was relaxin` and the battle in the The Grove also felt awesome and engaging.

The rewards – well I find them much useful than S1 or the personal story in that matter. And the fact that some of them are starting some sort of a scavenger hunt is even better. HelI I even got Chaos Gun from one of the 5 bags with greenishblue salvageables. Cool stuff.

All in all I want to say thanks and keep it up with the future. That’s the right way for the story to proceed. Can’t wait for the next episode. Now onto finish them again with the alts. BRB.

P.S.
Looking forwards to the Halloween even and the Clockwork tower. Also please less jumping in the next episodes from S2 thx.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

in Living World

Posted by: Sebalon.5913

Sebalon.5913

Season 2 has been really well done so far. I hope to see more jumping in the next episodes, as it is a nice change from the usual mechanics. The jumping puzzles have always been one of my favorite parts of this game.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I have mixed feelings about the Dry Top jumping mechanics. I enjoyed the Labyrinth Cliffs and the aspect crystals there, in part because they lasted for a really long time and few to no enemies in the area. Come this new area, and the crystals are broken where they both have a time limit and limited use counter, and there are a bunch of baddies everywhere whether there is a sandstorm or not. Now, I don’t mind the aspect crystals being weaker, but I think one or the other limiter would’ve been enough (either limited tries, or unlimited in a time limit); together it feels a bit heavy-handed. As for the very start of the zone, I sometimes have a bit of trouble with it. I kind of wish there was a shortcut from the Brisban portal to Prosperity for those who had already done the “aspect tutorial” besides waypointing (what can I say, I’m cheap). I guess at least that last bit is just a personal complaint, minor and doesn’t need any attention but it’d still be nice!

Now, having the different tiers and plateaus in Dry Top definitely makes for a more unique landscape than the snowy mountains of the Shiverpeaks, the verdant greens of Kryta of the Maguuma Jungle, or the sandy brown of Ascalon, and I wouldn’t mind a few of those in the next Maguuma Wastes map, but I still wouldn’t mind a lot of “flat” areas, just to run around through, leaping boundlessly.

Oh, and yes, the story. I’m definitely getting hooked, and each one of the visions just generates more questions than answers. I kind of wished there was a sylvari in the group just to even out the whole 5 races thing, but I guess the whole “Modremoth is corrupting sylvari” theme is why they’ve held out so far. Maybe Canach will be joining the group once he’s done… whatever it is he’s doing.

in Living World

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Actually what I wanted to say about the jumping puzzles is that I’m forced to do jumping in order to get things done. And this is the reason I don’t visit Dry Top as much as I want to. Some serious timing needed there to learn all the ways to reach most of the events. And I don’t have that much time.
Jumping puzzles used to be optional entertainment. I’ve done em all and still do some daily. So let’s hope the next map[s] will not be like Dry Top.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)