Season 2 to restart on November 4th

in Living World

Posted by: Collective.9206

Collective.9206

Teaser post is now up at: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-return-of-living-world-season-2/

Bit of a gap sadly though ;_;

Looks like this portal may be within the level 80 camp in brisbane wildlands.

Loving my toxic themed Asuran engineer >:)

(edited by Collective.9206)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just read this:

http://dulfy.net/2014/09/10/gw2-season-2-living-story-returns-nov-4/

Why is LS being delayed another 2 months?

You claim to have a 2-week release schedule and put out content faster than any other mmo… yet this is only true for 4 weeks, then a 12 week break…How is that different from any other MMO?

Why the delay?

in Living World

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Having the WvW tournament and a new story realease at the same time would be too confusing.

in Living World

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

Just read this:

You claim to have a 2-week release schedule and put out content faster than any other mmo… yet this is only true for 4 weeks, then a 12 week break…How is that different from any other MMO?

Why the delay?

It’s different because if you sum up the content we get trough LS, it doesn’t even come close to the amount of content a regular expansion has.

So they are different, but in a negative way.

I THINK the delay is to ‘look back’ at what happened and then hype us up again for part 2 of this season.

in Living World

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

Having the WvW tournament and a new story realease at the same time would be too confusing.

HAHA I litteraly ROFL’d there

in Living World

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

Because they are trying to kill this game

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

For all the new players … oh, wait …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

One could argue that they need the time to sort out bugs and “bugs” with the feature pack.

in Living World

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The mid-season break is going to be twice as long (3 months) as the first half of the season was.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Living World

Posted by: Tomas.5029

Tomas.5029

Having both WvW Tournament and a new LS chapter would be too intimidating and overwhelming for the player base.
They give us 2 months to properly recover psychologically from the very scary and confusing experience that is WvW.

—Engi main tryhards unite!—

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

When was the most recent use of that advertising line? They did that for a while, and then they’ve been reasonably clear about communicating when new updates were coming out or being delayed for most of this year, first with the end of LS1, then with LS2’s releases and the feature pack. If they’re still touting the 2-week release schedule in advertising, that’s not good, but if they’re not using that line anymore because they found working in chunks works better, it’s understandable.

November 4th, eh? Hopefully that means we’ll get a better Halloween this year. I’ve seen people doubtful about Halloween, since it’s not part of the LS, so hopefully this break will give Halloween a little love.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

ZudetGambeous.9573

I would laugh if I didn’t think this might actually be the reason…

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Having a 2 week schedule is also confusing.

They should make it a month between new chapters, just so we don’t get overwhelmed of course.

in Living World

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

The delay is probably due to Halloween festivities / paranormal goings on throughout Tyria. (One can only hope anyway)

This also means there will likely be another break in the LS in December / January for the return of Tixx and the infiniarium for the Christmas holidays.

Personally I am ok with the delay in the LS if it is for these events.

in Living World

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

maybe its a delay because of working more on an expansion?

“Given that NCsoft’s major global peers
Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts are trading at 2014F P/Es of over 15x, the company
appears significantly undervalued. Most global PC and console game companies are expected
to suffer from stagnating margins in 2014. However, NCsoft is scheduled to launch an
expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in the US and Europe in 2015.”

taken from
http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/182450.pdf?attachmentId=182450

in Living World

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I’ve been defending Anet since yesterday because I thought some of the stuff from the update was good. But after hearing that you pushing back LS for WvW…now I’m kittened.

Are you seriously trying to alienate the players to the point that some of us white knights can’t even defend you anymore? You guys are idiots!

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I would laugh if I didn’t think this might actually be the reason…

You must have missed the first WvW event, they did release content part way through and the forums where filled with rage.

in Living World

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

Well as the title says I would personally like to thank Anet for the exciting times and memories! I like many others have to bow out! It saddens me to have to! I just can’t keep the hope alive. The hype is played out! You have taken this game from an Epic fantasy world to B grade horror! Down goes Frazier!

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

in Living World

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

The delay is probably due to Halloween festivities / paranormal goings on throughout Tyria. (One can only hope anyway)

This also means there will likely be another break in the LS in December / January for the return of Tixx and the infiniarium for the Christmas holidays.

Unless, of course, these events break the immersion of the new living story.

Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts are trading at 2014F P/Es of over 15x, the company
appears significantly undervalued. Most global PC and console game companies are expected
to suffer from stagnating margins in 2014. However, NCsoft is scheduled to launch an

taken from

This is research analyst speculation based on what most game companies do, I think.

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Don’t ya’ll get it?
Its so that the mythological “NEW PLAYERS” will have the chance to reach
level 80 and not QQ about not being able to play Living Story Season 2.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

in Living World

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Some of the updates were good and some bad. I don’t blame you, it can get demoralizing with these anet dev. If they pushed it back for WvW, then thats pretty bad.

(edited by Shen Slayer.3058)

in Living World

Posted by: BaergusMaximus.6904

BaergusMaximus.6904

Can’t agree more. I’m out too. I’ll be collecting my LS content upon release to hold it in hopes that the game improves.

in Living World

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

That is true. Also how do you level / time gate Halloween and Christmas so that you aren’t overwhelming new players?

It is really sad that is virtually impossible to pin down the direction / vision of the game. So many things just contradict one another.

in Living World

Posted by: Blessa.9257

Blessa.9257

Once ArcheAge comes out (Friday woo) this game is dead to me, I’ll check on holiday and LS content but that’s about it. Good work anet, being one of the only games around with devs that have actually made the game worse over time. So much potential ;c

in Living World

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

One could argue that they need the time to sort out bugs and “bugs” with the feature pack.

The main bug they need to fix is the one that when planning on how to improve the game results in destroying it.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

taken from

They have been predicting an expansion being released/announced at least twice before, they just keep moving back the date.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

It is still F2P after purchase so maybe things pick up soon. Who knows maybe we get an expansion some day. GW2 still has potential but I don’t blame people for stepping away at this point.

Check back on the 4th though. The new map could be cool later in the season.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

That is true. Also how do you level / time gate Halloween and Christmas so that you aren’t overwhelming new players?

It is really sad that is virtually impossible to pin down the direction / vision of the game. So many things just contradict one another.

I swear if they level gate any of Halloween…….god I’m terrified of how my friend will react if she finds she is unable to participate in all of it, she is so looking forward to it.

in Living World

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Well..i think ill take some more holydays from GW2 once i get bored from playing the same content over and over again…

I wish the had left SAB to fill that gap, but we only have a bunch of crappy goldsink achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

They took a break from the living world between seasons one and two from March 18th – July 1st about three and a half months, now they’re taking a break from August 12th to November the 4th. Another three months.

I think this is insane and I don’t think that “Feature Packs” or a WvW Season is a substitute for Living World content. Nor, for that matter, is a rehashed Festival of the Four Winds, Halloween or other real world holiday, those are things that should just be running alongside the Living World content.

in Living World

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Fort Vandal! Finally. Been waiting for this one since launch!

I like that we’re given reasons to go into Brisban now. I’ve always felt it was neglected with it’s lack of jumping puzzles (it’s the only explorable zone in the game without one) and lack of world bosses. The skritt meta event is kinda cool, but it’s doable solo, and the ‘Trinity’ champ group is one of the best flavour and inside jokes in the game – sadly often not completed.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Living World

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

It is still F2P after purchase so maybe things pick up soon. Who knows maybe we get an expansion some day. GW2 still has potential but I don’t blame people for stepping away at this point.

Check back on the 4th though. The new map could be cool later in the season.

To be quite honest I wish I could treat this as a normal purchase and return it. AT this point even an expansion couldn’t change things for me! There are things that have been in game from day 1 that need fixing still. Don’t release more broken content! Everything they have released is bugged! I just can’t pay for anymore alleged hype content! Till what already is righted!

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

There’ll probably be the Halloween festival in between. I’d be extremely surprised if they didn’t bring that back this year.

But still, new map by the looks of things.

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Maybe they need 2 months to unkitten most things… Or it’s maybe long enough for newcomers to grind enough gold to buy the 4 chapters of LS2 released in August.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Maybe the end of s2 is supposed to introduce cantha but cantha development has been delayed?

in Living World

Mesket.5728

Chimps are dangerous as they grow up. Its not safe to keep a chimp in a human environment when its bigger than 2 years. They have to train new chimps before they can continue programing whats left of this game.

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yep, Halloween again, the same as last year, it shouldn’t cause a break in the LW schedule (and neither should Christmas) because it will more than likely be the same content as last year (which was much the same as the first year with a couple of new instances) and as such is hardly a substitute for the LW content.

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

That probably means no new GvG or WvW map until 2015.
Well I’m going to take a break too since there is nothing new to look forward to.

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My guess is the Halloween patch starts at the end of the WvW series, and after Halloween the living story resumes.

in Living World

Mesket.5728

My guess is the Halloween patch starts at the end of the WvW series, and after Halloween the living story resumes.

So glad they separate the story in game with halloween… the two together would’ve been so confusing… like dragons and pumpkins… oh my god, I wouldn’t know what to do!

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Just read this:

Why the delay?

I don’t mind it delaying that long if it can deliver on quality content. Remember Dragon’s Reach Part 1? That update was practically broken when that first came out and it took around 6 hours for Anet to isolate the issue. Chances are they would use the 2 month time to check and ensure everything is a go go. That’s what I think, anyway.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Could give people some time to catch up on the newer collections. Perhaps the next iteration is not in Dry Top anymore and they don’t want to split the players too much into chasing the new thing or chasing the illusive ambrite fossile thingies.

And as mentioned already Halloween and WvW and who knows, SAB for September? tease

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Another 2 months of no contents. Oh wait, we haven’t had any new contents for the last year or so.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Another 2 months of waiting? How many months has it been since last LS episode? What are you gonna work on for the next 2 months then? Maybe you can take your time and collect the (overwhelmingly negative) feedback about “new player experience” and change it actually, hmm?

But seriously, when the LS resumes, it better be a blast. It needs to be even better then the last episodes, These breaking are taking way too long.

in Living World

ZudetGambeous.9573

One thing that doesn’t seem to be mentioned is that the preview is another new portal. Looks like we are getting another zone at least.

Hopefully this one is bigger than dry top.

in Living World

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

So our “veteran content”, which was last updated 1 month ago, is going to appear over 2 months. And it’s going to appear during a time a lot of new and well known pc games are going to get released. It’s like they are telling veterans to go away and new players to come and play cuz by then they’ll already have lvl 80 characters. I’m so glad I got FFXIV to do dungeons alas I can’t speak the same for WvW though…… Meh, maybe one day I’ll find a good WvW MMO.

in Living World

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Well.. season 1 wasnt as good as season 2 regarding story telling and plot, but we had both feature and living story release in the same patch every 2 weeks without pause.

in Living World

Posted by: Chris L.4217

Chris L.4217

As far as I know, their new “friendly designs” have scared many new players. And they give “another months of waiting” for veteran players. Living Story? Leaving Story?

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I can think of several “reasonable” reasons why LS was pushed back.

1) Give new players a chance to get caught up to level 80.
They must have a really good indication that a large influx of new players were going to be coming over, or are seeing large numbers of new players coming in. Enough to justify changing the whole system for them.

2) They are working on creating a whole (complete) new zone/fractal/dungeon to continue Episode 3, as well as new world bosses etc.

3) They are allowing people to take time off and use their vacations at this time in order to be able to have “all hands on deck” for the new LS, and whatever else they have planned.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Pretty sure its halloween related

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books