Secret of South Sun

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Anuxdei.2175

Anuxdei.2175

Q:

Is it still possible to complete south sun event achivments and take Snake looking (sclerite karka shell) or Fervid (flower one) bagpack ?

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Azure.2407

Azure.2407

I also worried about that. My purpose of playing GW2 is to complete all the achievements. Unfortunately, I missed the event of Southsun Cove due to some working plan. If I can’t complete the achievements of Southsun Cove, I think I have to give up the game.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You can’t.
The event is over.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Azure.2407

Azure.2407

Thanks for the bad news, lordkrall. My last hope is the developer’s answer.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Doesn’t look like it, I mean the way to trigger the events for the Fervid doesn’t trigger, the npc is there and all the locations have the intractable flower but you can’t get the scanner which makes it a little annoying with everything (the intractable spots and the npc) being there… would have been nice to leave that in, at least give people something to do if they missed the event, especially since you can’t get the item any other way (unlike other event items that you can buy off the TP)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Pedritux.9672

Pedritux.9672

I’ve got the same problem, I just finished Dragon Bash achievements and I would like to do some South Sun achievements (I was AFK for 1 month ! that’s not much, is it ??) so I went down there last week, but… it’s empty, no players whatsoever (1 or 2 sometimes).

I tried going to talk to researcher Levvi for the consultation achievement and to get going with collecting samples tasks and achievements … but she ignores me, there’s no yellow star on her head.

So.. a little over 1 month and we can’t do anything anymore ?

I went to dulfy.net which has a good guide on southsun, and the guide is dated May 14th. Lots of people complainting there about this problem too.

This is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

Content can’t be dismissed this way, we paid for an evolving game, not for a game that requires you to log for every day or so to avoid missing content.
I believed, when I purchased GW2 and stopped playing WoW, that the idea of not-having-a-subscription-model was exactly to avoid this problem. You could go at your own pace, and you could go AFK on holidays or whatever and not stress about loosing a one-time event.

Living world has become a Constantly Changing World.

It’s wrong, Arenanet. Fix it.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

What was the ‘secret’ anyway? I seem to have missed it in all the excitement.

The table is a fable.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Canach, he was making wildlife go all Terminator on the place. he is now in lionguards high security jail.

he’ll be out though mark my words.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I also worried about that. My purpose of playing GW2 is to complete all the achievements. Unfortunately, I missed the event of Southsun Cove due to some working plan. If I can’t complete the achievements of Southsun Cove, I think I have to give up the game.

Your purpose for playing is completing all of the achievements? Really? How’s that 1000 Giant slayer going for you? I’m at 12 and I want to pull my hair out. I assume you also have all of the GW1 Hall of Monument achievements because otherwise you should have quit from the get-go.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

What was the ‘secret’ anyway? I seem to have missed it in all the excitement.

I would like to know this as well.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

This is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

Content can’t be dismissed this way, we paid for an evolving game, not for a game that requires you to log for every day or so to avoid missing content.
I believed, when I purchased GW2 and stopped playing WoW, that the idea of not-having-a-subscription-model was exactly to avoid this problem. You could go at your own pace, and you could go AFK on holidays or whatever and not stress about loosing a one-time event.

Living world has become a Constantly Changing World.

It’s wrong, Arenanet. Fix it.

The Living World/Evolving World was meant to be an on-going ever-changing progress for the world. In the world of Guild Wars, Canach has been imprisoned and Southsun’s conflict has been resolved. Just because you weren’t there to help, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

I do agree that adding in achievements with rewards tied to them is kind of mean to players who weren’t part of that, but other than that, everything is justified. I do believe that Arenanet is getting better with their content. There is a lot less complaining about Dragon Bash then there was about Southsun, and even the Southsun whining was just people complaining for the sake of complaining (and a little bit too much in between the releases).

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: xyjames.7049

xyjames.7049

I logged in today, next to the fire that ‘once’ had an achievement. I was unable to log in for that weekend. Not for an hour, not for thirty seconds.

Every time I log in and see that fire, and the expanded content I could never gain. It reminds me why I will never play this game again. This was going to be my last MMO. ‘The’ MMO for me, but with this exclusivity content. I refuse to play into this kittened kitten of a decision.

I would rather pay 15$ for WoW and gain those 11 year old achievements, than spend another dollar( I’ve spent over 300$ on GW2 Gems, and only played for 3 months!) on Arena Nets poor choices.

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I logged in today, next to the fire that ‘once’ had an achievement. I was unable to log in for that weekend. Not for an hour, not for thirty seconds.

Every time I log in and see that fire, and the expanded content I could never gain. It reminds me why I will never play this game again. This was going to be my last MMO. ‘The’ MMO for me, but with this exclusivity content. I refuse to play into this kittened kitten of a decision.

I would rather pay 15$ for WoW and gain those 11 year old achievements, than spend another dollar( I’ve spent over 300$ on GW2 Gems, and only played for 3 months!) on Arena Nets poor choices.

You do know that WoW also have exclusive (one time) events as well, right?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Secret of South Sun

in Living World

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

You do know that WoW also have exclusive (one time) events as well, right?

And WoW has achievements that you can no longer earn, they just rename them as “Feats of Strength” and they no longer give points.

I don’t really get why missing some achievements ruins the game so utterly for some people. I’ve missed most of the current update due to RL getting in the way, but I’m not going to let that stop me from enjoying the upcoming bazaar of the four winds (assuming my other commitments don’t interfere).