Seeds of truth.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

ONE THREAD, ONE DISCUSSION.

:)

So far, it almost looks like the Centaurs of Drytop and associated will get involved in the conflict. Although against us? No idea.

Become a thief? We all know its Caithe’s class, but hell, are we branding her a thief now. And how is Faolain (EDIT : From Anise originally, brainfart) tied into Caithe’s thieving of the egg

So confused…

Anyway, START!

EDIT 2 : Also the dual serpent engraving/glowing sign at the end, I know of nothing that that could possibly be connected to, except MAYBE the forgotten, but thats flimsy at best.

Seeds of truth Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb31EADk9eA

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Seems like a flashback into Caithe’s past to me.

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I found the sepia tones of the trailer very intriguing. Does it portend an aspect of this storyline we haven’t anticipated yet, or is Anet just trying a different approach to their trailers?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Seems like we might get to experience the first meeting between the Asura and the Sylvari (the lab-scene). Could be quite interesting.

That would also be a rather interesting way to explain how the Nightmare Court works/was created.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

Seems like a flashback into Caithe’s past to me.

Never considered that! Hmmm…

Maybe by “changing” into Caithe you have better access to the dream(shared hive-mind sort of thing as it is) and thus can easier access Caithe’s memories? Seems a bit far out, but seems to fit the bill.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

So what i understood from the trailer
- Flashback
- How the Asura treated the Silvari (i think when they first discovered them)
- The experiments seem to have been done on Faolin first (the tiedup electrocuted Silvari has the same haircut as Faolin)
- Caith and Faolin where old friends. Dunno what weed they have in that place but Caith transformed just by sniffing it.
- Most of the discussions between them took place in the capital of the cabbage people. This means they are flashbacks to before Faolin turned evil&stuff..showing another side of the Silvari we know as being evil&stuff..the original side of her. Common attempt to make us have things called “feelings” for certain characters. Will most likely fail…considering the amount of hate most of us have towards the cabbage people for completely monopolizing this game& story around them.
- Faolin might have detached herself from the main Cabbage queen during that experiment just like Scarlet…together with other cabbages there.
- Caith wasn’t experimented on but saved her friend Faolin. Since then Faolin was changing slowly and trying to bring Caith to her side.
- The centaur part i think it’s still from her memory and i have a very strong feeling the main centaur who they are talking too is: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zhed_Shadowhoof
- Zhed is an iconic GW1 character. He is an elementalist. During the video u can see he has a staff + uses earth magic.

This episode practically shows Caith’s past in an attempt to make us understand why she stole the egg.

What my 2 cents on the story is: Caith stole the egg in an attempt to use it’s power to save Faolin from the possible corruption of the dragon considering she is much more susceptible to it because of the early asura experiments.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Tanith.5264

Zhed’s dead, baby. Zhed’s dead.

Gate of Madness server

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Here is a link to the trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb31EADk9eA

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

Here is a link to the trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb31EADk9eA

I should probably add that to the OP.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

As i said, it’s a glimps into the past. Who knows when they met.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

GscGunner.2419

Its about 300 years between the events of nightfall and the current living story, i dont know the life span of Centaurs but i doubt it reaches that far.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

“To catch a thief, one must become a thief.” Does that mean I should play a Thief class just to play this update? lol

But seriously, from the looks of it, looks like we’ll be seeing how Faolain turned the way she is. Though I wonder what the hell does this have to do with Caithe stealing the dragon egg? I probably wouldn’t know until much the update comes out. I really want to see where they are going with this.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Tanith.5264

I know. I just couldn’t resist trotting that out.

And I expect you’re right, hence the sepia tones that become more and more pronounced as the trailer goes on. I don’t think that’s an accident.

Gate of Madness server

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

So what are our conclusions from this trailer? Some human impersonating Caithe? Did she get transformed into a Sylvari by the Pale Tree? In general the whole thing looks like a massive flashback.

It also looks like Faolain (or somebody that looks like her) and some other Sylvari were captured by the Inquest and experimented on (maybe Omadd was part of this?).

Lastly, we see Centaur’s negotiating with Caithe (?), but then all hell breaks loose and they slaughter each other. What’s going on?! \ò/

Edit: Oh by the way, the phrase at the beginning ’To catch a thief one must first become a thief" – sounds like this human was/is on the hunt for somebody.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: lerak.5286

lerak.5286

“To catch a thief, one must become a thief.”
For class balancing reasons, all other professions are removed and all existing characters are converted to thieves.

Gabriel Angelheart – Far Shiverpeaks

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

@Rabe that’s what i am in doubt also because of the lighting in the trailer. If i pause it step by step the video i am not sure if Caithe was human or silvari before. Was it a human turning cabbage or was it a cabbage turning into an upgraded cabbage.

Another theory is “Caith” sniffing the weed is not actually caith, but us as characters. Taking a sniff from that apparently “good sh**” will make us have images of Caith’s past…….that and pink elephants and unicorns.

@GscGunner what’s the age of the cabbages? Not sarcastic i am honestly not sure. Remember Caith i think is considered one of the first born….so she’s basically a carrot or even a potato level rank-wise. The birth of the “pale tree” if u remember was a cutscene in GW1 during one of the Elona quests. Can’t remember exactly the name. Well..atleast 1 of the pale trees considering the geographic region where the cutscene takes place is not the same as the area where the pale tree we know is right now. It’s been confirmed there are multiple pale trees.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Like I said before, flashback episode into Caithe’s past. The PC you see turning into Caithe just happen’s be Sylvari cause that’s what the Dev’s are playing as. Makes for a good video =p

Since we’re taking on Caithe’s image in this episode, looks like we’re talking to the the firstborn’s (pretty sure that’s Trahearne’s head >.<). From what I got from Season 1 was that Omadd used Scarlett as a lab rat (she stated this in one of her rants). Also, that other Asura experimented on Sylvari to see what made them “tick”. Think about it, a new race of plant people appear out of the blue from a huge tree. Who wouldn’t be curious to know how and why?

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

(edited by Sisriana.2384)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

From my POV a very interesting character that should have connections to what is happening is this dude: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malyck

He apparently wasn’t born with a “dream”. That means he has no attachments to a queen cabbage anywere in the world. That also means he will either have an important role against the dragon which controls cabbages but somehow can’t control him..OR he will be controlled.

If ANet won’t use the dragon’s affinity for the cabbage people together with a very interesting character like Malyck which doesn’t obey by any sylvari laws, it would be a big mistake in my opinion. It’s the perfect opportunity to showcase something completely different from the “sylvari” we know.

If they indeed don’t use him and we get to a point where we meet him….what will be he’s answer to “warn’t u effected by the dragon?” …. “Sry was out of range” would be pathetic.

Also remember Faolin & the nightmare court are actively looking for him…

Maybe he was also experimented on by the asuras and that’s why he doesn’t remember anything and woke up in a trench. Sounds like one of your typical drunk nights.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

GscGunner.2419

@Rebound i think if you your speculation to be taken seriously you might want to stop using cabbages? the first 2 times its funny, after that it just becomes an annoyance to read.

Further whats up with them first talking to Centaurs and the second after they slaughter them? They look like peaceful maguuma peacekeepers to me, the ones you can also find in Dry Top.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Personnal interpretation :

See attachments for further details.

Note : images are extracted from the french trailer. FYI, attraper = to catch.

Attachments:

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I think this might play out like the bonus missions from gw1, where you play as one of the iconic npc characters; this could be achieved through a magical spell, assuran science, or a mixture of both, but effectivly, we will see a flashback of caithe’s past, by playing it ourselfs. I have mixed feelings about this, it was cool to play as togo and the rest, but I hated having their builds and armor forced upon me. Still, if anet did go this rout, it would be cool.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

I think this might play out like the bonus missions from gw1, where you play as one of the iconic npc characters; this could be achieved through a magical spell, assuran science, or a mixture of both, but effectivly, we will see a flashback of caithe’s past, by playing it ourselfs. I have mixed feelings about this, it was cool to play as togo and the rest, but I hated having their builds and armor forced upon me. Still, if anet did go this rout, it would be cool.

My thoughts exactly.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Zhed is dead by that time though, the earliest they could ahve met was about 25-30 years ago, and thats still 225-220 years for zhed still to be alive, not to mention be on an entirely different continent.

Also, i think the purple haired sylvary might ahe something to do with caithe’s secret, maybe she killed her to keep what they found hidden?

(edited by dsslive.8473)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

Purple hair sylvari might be PC.
As for to catch a thief become a thief they probably talking about Caithe stealing the egg so she could catch somebody else…

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: moonkenzie.5218

moonkenzie.5218

My thoughts exactly.

Possibly more Pale Tree magic, if she isn’t still sick. She can give visions of the future, and dead sylvari have their memories ‘uploaded’ (?) to the Dream, so I think it’s within the realm of possibility that she could send us visions of the past.

I don’t think Purple Hair will be the PC, or at least I hope she isn’t the one we have to control if Otaku’s theory is correct. I’m terrible at playing anyone in light armor. I do kinda hope this theory is what will happen. I never played GW1 ~sadface~ so I’d welcome the new type of experience ^.^

~words, words, words~

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

dsslive.8473

Purple hair sylvari might be PC.
As for to catch a thief become a thief they probably talking about Caithe stealing the egg so she could catch somebody else…

The line probably referred that to catch caithe, you’ll get to see her past through her eyes , in a way “become her” trying to find out what her secret is.

I think the PC will be playing as caithe, but you never know.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: SMichealSmith.2469

SMichealSmith.2469

not that i belive that zhed met with the sylvari, but!! "for example the peace advocate Ventari, a centaur who was already considered an elder in 1072 AE, lived long enough to deeply influence sylvari philosophy, finally passing away in 1180 AE. He continues to exist as a spirit within the Dream of Dreams, attributing this to their beliefs of their “guiding spirit ancestors”. " if ventari was an elder at that point and then lived another 100+ years, i think thats evidence that centaur have pretty long life spans. i actually thought i had read about this somewhere and was lookiing for the exact text when i stumbled on this isntead…. willl post again if i find more.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

what if light armor is ceara before she turned nuts ?

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i think caithe want to set things strait what azura did to the sylvari long time back
Azura love to test all kind of things even dragons

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wouldn’t worry that we have to control the light armor sylvari in particular. Remember the trailers for Dry Top and Shadow of the Dragon showed player characters in the situation (a group when the Grove lights go out, a masked asura facing the giant). So if that’s the player, I imagine they simply used the tier 2 sylvari as a placeholder.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I’m thinking the purple hair Sylvari is someone new we’re going to meet, probably a Firstborn. IIRC, there are twelve Firstborn, but they’ve only put names and faces to nine of them, which means there are still three more we haven’t seen yet.

I’m more interested at the symbol on the wall that the new Sylvari is studying at the very end. The cobra heads make me think Forgotten, even though they didn’t have hooded cobra heads…. The earlier scenes with the centaurs made me think we were going back to Dry Top (even if only in flashback) but what if this is going to be our first chance to see the Crystal Desert again?

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Biohunter.3029

Biohunter.3029

IIRC there was a first born sylvari that was experimented on by asura, I believe it was one that is part of the cycles (I think maybe dusk?) I think Cathie went to save her from them and that’s what that seen is about and who the purple hair light armor sylvari is

Edit: nvm the sylvari that gets experimented on is Malomedies and he’s a male npc

(edited by Biohunter.3029)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Xarius.6120

Xarius.6120

Centaurs in maguuma are peaceful (or at least those that we meet), and we see them pretty agressive. Probably they were defending something important, like a sacred place/land.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Is this next Ls step going to be longer than 20-30 minutes of actual play though?

I mean, I’d hope they are going to start getting longer/more involved. If that won’t be the case though, then I might not bother with it and just get the update on next tuesday then go back to playing some of my other games.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

@Rebound i think if you your speculation to be taken seriously you might want to stop using cabbages? the first 2 times its funny, after that it just becomes an annoyance to read.

Further whats up with them first talking to Centaurs and the second after they slaughter them? They look like peaceful maguuma peacekeepers to me, the ones you can also find in Dry Top.

That’s your own opinion on the mater ^.^. I can’t take seriously the story as long as it constantly revolves around 1 race. In fact the whole story is beginning to be an annoyance to me. I honestly can’t wait for the Rytlock sidestory to start just so i don’t get to see and experience the melodrama which the Sylvari represent as a race and has been diligently spoonfed to us since the start of the game.

If u don’t want to take my posts seriously because of 1-2 words, then don’t. It’s your right :P that won’t change my thoughts on the matter….they have, are..and will always be over-glorified melodramatic cabbages because of the way ANet has presented them to us both in quality and in quantity…over..and..over…and over…and over…and over…and over…and over….again.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Is this next Ls step going to be longer than 20-30 minutes of actual play though?

I mean, I’d hope they are going to start getting longer/more involved. If that won’t be the case though, then I might not bother with it and just get the update on next tuesday then go back to playing some of my other games.

It’ll be just as long as the previous two most likely. It doesn’t appear that it will have 3 instances like in part 1 but we’ll see.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Like I said before, flashback episode into Caithe’s past. The PC you see turning into Caithe just happen’s be Sylvari cause that’s what the Dev’s are playing as. Makes for a good video =p

Actually, this makes a lot of sense.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

That’s your own opinion on the mater ^.^. I can’t take seriously the story as long as it constantly revolves around 1 race. In fact the whole story is beginning to be an annoyance to me. I honestly can’t wait for the Rytlock sidestory to start just so i don’t get to see and experience the melodrama which the Sylvari represent as a race and has been diligently spoonfed to us since the start of the game.

If u don’t want to take my posts seriously because of 1-2 words, then don’t. It’s your right :P that won’t change my thoughts on the matter….they have, are..and will always be over-glorified melodramatic cabbages because of the way ANet has presented them to us both in quality and in quantity…over..and..over…and over…and over…and over…and over…and over….again.

I know, GW1 sucked because it was all about Humans… stupid one race stories…

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I’m not going to lie, I’m really excited about the prospect of playing as caithe, and reliving here memories! Well, I know we are likely overthinking -and thus overhyping- this, but it would be amazing if it happened!

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

This is definitely a flashback of the history of the Nightmare Court and how it was founded. If you read up on the wiki about their History you’ll read things that we’re seeing in the trailer:

-Right after the transformation at 0:23 we see the firstborn sylvari meeting in the grove. We can see Malomedies on the left as well as Caithe in the front. From the history of the Nightmare Court we know that it started when the firstborn refused to seek revenge on the asura for their mistreatment of Malomedies. I believe this is what we are seeing, their meeting and refusal to seek revenge. Also right before the shot fades away we can see Faolain while the camera is turning (on the right).

-We see the asura holding some Slyvari captives and experimenting on them and we see Caithe and Faolain both together fighting against the Asura and their golems in order to free the captive Sylvari.

-I think that once we get to the part in Maguuma Wastes its showing Caithe and Faolains travels together and that they discovered something in the wastes.

-That door at the end with the serpents seems to be imo something to do with the forgotten. Its the only thing that comes to mind when I see that.\

Also this line was in the description of the trailer on youtube:

“To catch a thief, you must become a thief, but be wary—following Caithe’s trail will take you down a strange, dark path”

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The symbols on that door had something to do with ascension.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Xukavi.4320

Where does that show up with anything that had to do with ascension?

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

OK, so as one of those people that really wasn’t a fan of the “play as Togo” or whomever else missions from GW1, the thought of playing as Caithe is not really appealing to me.

I guess if that’s the route they want to go (and it does seem to be the case), then fine, but yeah. I have the toons i have because i like to/want to play them.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Xukavi.4320

Its not like the whole episode will be us playing as Caithe. If anything it’ll be one mission playing as Caithe while the others will focus on what she found in the Maguuma Wastes.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

i searched some firstborn on wiki and i assume that we’ll see those characters:

Dragonet: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dagonet

Kahedins: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kahedins

Niamh: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Niamh

Malomedies? probably yea. he’s the first silvary who meet asura: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malomedies

Maybe we’ll se also this character connected with Faolain & Malomedies but i don’t know xD : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cadeyrn

Aife: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aife

and Malyck? there’s a silvary during the trailer who seems him but i changed idea because if it was him, when you do the personal story Caithe, Trahearne and others would remember and knew him, i guess o_o

btw i’m so excited, can’t wait! i wanna play the ls >_<!

Attachments:

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Also the dual serpent engraving/glowing sign at the end, I know of nothing that that could possibly be connected to, except MAYBE the forgotten, but thats flimsy at best.

My initial reaction to seeing that: “Speak, friend, and enter.”

The table is a fable.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

dsslive.8473

i searched some firstborn on wiki and i assume that we’ll see those characters:

Dragonet: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dagonet

Kahedins: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kahedins

Niamh: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Niamh

Malomedies? probably yea. he’s the first silvary who meet asura: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malomedies

Maybe we’ll se also this character connected with Faolain & Malomedies but i don’t know xD : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cadeyrn

Aife: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aife

and Malyck? there’s a silvary during the trailer who seems him but i changed idea because if it was him, when you do the personal story Caithe, Trahearne and others would remember and knew him, i guess o_o

btw i’m so excited, can’t wait! i wanna play the ls >_<!

Thats not Aife in the torture champber :p and the sylvari you tagged as Faolin is male so cant be her.

Malyck wasn’t in the trailer, he only first became known in the personal story, no sylvari knew of him before that.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

oh you right! im sorry! Then would be Malomedies i guess, he has those colours as the picture. Then i’m not sure about the second picture :/ the sylvari is green, has the hair like Malomedies but idk xD

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

OK, so as one of those people that really wasn’t a fan of the “play as Togo” or whomever else missions from GW1, the thought of playing as Caithe is not really appealing to me.

I guess if that’s the route they want to go (and it does seem to be the case), then fine, but yeah. I have the toons i have because i like to/want to play them.

I agree with this. Even if it was one instance I’d find it unenjoyable – I thoroughly hated the GW1 bonus missions where you played as a historical figure. But, I’ll live with it if I have to play them to get through the story, unappealing or not.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Well, that sort of mission might be cool if our guys were doing an actual time travel/mind transfer thing, inhabiting Caithe’s body in the past in order to, ya know, set right what once went wrong.

As in, ‘Oh, boy.’

The table is a fable.