Should I get my season 2 living world?

in Living World

Posted by: Vindictus.5706

Vindictus.5706

Q:

I haven’t played the game for almost 1 1/2 years and only started playing again around this week. My only question is how much content am I missing? (e.g maps that are needed for world completion, crafting materials, etc.)

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A:

There’s also the Carapace armor that needs LS completion to unlock, and the glowing blue version of Carapace, Luminescent, that needs LS achieves on top of completion. Also you need to do LS to get the starter bits to make Mawdrey, an ascended back piece that consumes bloodstone dust and gives back some low-value items. But nothing that you must have in order to do maps or crafting; those can all be gained just by playing the new maps.

Though if you missed Scarlet’s attack on LA you will have a hard time getting the mats needed for the Spinal Blades backpiece which can be promoted step by step to an ascended version.

One seasonal thing you can still get is a relatively cheap 20 slot bag. Candy corn is on the TP, combine it into cobs and pay 3 cobs per bag at the vendor near the destroyed LA lion fountain. It ends up being just a few gold per bag, I think.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You aren’t missing any maps, crafting materials, etc. Those are all available regardless of if you have the LS2 episodes unlocked.

What you are missing is access to some achievements and the Ascended Nomads and Sinister jewelry that you get from those. And the story instances, but you can join a friend who has those unlocked to manage that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: Vindictus.5706

Vindictus.5706

Thanks for the answers guys, I might not buy it after all, I’m not really a fan of the spinal blades back piece, and I’m currently saving to craft my ascended armor.

in Living World

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

LS Season 2 is some really great content

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Spinal Blades was season 1 anyway, so I’m not sure why it was brought up in the first place…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

There’s also the Carapace armor that needs LS completion to unlock, and the glowing blue version of Carapace, Luminescent, that needs LS achieves on top of completion.

Carapace is obtainable without LS.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t believe it is. You have to do the LS chapter to unlock the boxes at the vendor. I know that sometimes shoulder and glove boxes will drop from SW chests, but I believe the only source of the leggings (for example) is the LS, since the vendor won’t sell them until you unlock them in the LS.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Priory_Historian_%28Bandit_Crest_Collector%29#vendor3

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

LS Season 2 is some really great content

Definitely some better boss mechanics.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)

in Living World

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

I don’t find LS2 to be worth paying for.

in Living World

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

What is the total cost? It was probably the best story so far.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-14-2015/first#post4974411

Yes get it. It’s discounted 20% when buying multiple episodes. So it’ll save you some money, and get them all unlocked at the same time.

Have fun!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

Just do not expect to get the full Biolumiscent armor. There is currently a bug that prevents you from getting an achievement required for the boots. If you have no interest in this “Meta” reward, by all means get it, otherwise, well.. don’t expect it.

There was 2 threads on it in Guildwars 2 Discussion that the mods deleted. So that does mean they know about it, know that players are not happy with it, but choose to hide this fact.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Just do not expect to get the full Biolumiscent armor. There is currently a bug that prevents you from getting an achievement required for the boots. If you have no interest in this “Meta” reward, by all means get it, otherwise, well.. don’t expect it.

There was 2 threads on it in Guildwars 2 Discussion that the mods deleted. So that does mean they know about it, know that players are not happy with it, but choose to hide this fact.

I suppose we are ignoring the fact that they have removed the package from the store due to a bug (which is most likely the bug talked about there) until they have fixed it?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

I suppose we are ignoring the fact that they have removed the package from the store due to a bug (which is most likely the bug talked about there) until they have fixed it?

I wasn’t aware of that, IF this is the case (to fix challenge mote bug), I will go to all my comments that brings attention to the challenge mote bug and delete them all. Every, last, one.

in Living World

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

That’s very unlikely. The challenge mote bug was reported over a month ago. They’ve known about it for just as long. Despite this they released the LS2 package, so it’s very unlikely they pulled it because of this bug.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.