Should i buy Living World Season 2

in Living World

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

Hello, with the 40% off from the LS2 Package, i’m thinking of buying it, not only for the story ofc but for the Mastery Points also. I just played the game last November and i dont really know anything about LS2, all i know is its a story aside from Personal Story and HoT story.

Do you think i will just wait for the season 3?
If the season 3 came, will they stop selling the season 2?
If i start playing season 2, do you think i can still understand the whole story since i dont know anything about season 1?

thanks in advance.

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

(edited by XerMeLL.6042)

in Living World

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I just played the game last November and i dont really know anything about LS2, all i know is its a story aside from Personal Story and HoT story.

Season 2’s story is mostly setting the stage for HoT’s story but the instances are nice both in terms of gameplay and story telling in my opinion.

As I said, I like them. But I can’t decide for you whether they are worth the gems.

They won’t stop selling season 2 but they will stop selling it at a discount for a while.

If i start playing season 2, do you think i can still understand the whole story since i dont know anything about season 1?

The important parts of season 1 are explained in season 2 so not really.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I just played the game last November and i dont really know anything about LS2, all i know is its a story aside from Personal Story and HoT story.

Season 2’s story is mostly setting the stage for HoT’s story but the instances are nice both in terms of gameplay and story telling in my opinion.

As I said, I like them. But I can’t decide for you whether they are worth the gems.

They won’t stop selling season 2 but they will stop selling it at a discount for a while.

The important parts of season 1 are explained in season 2 so not really.

^This covers it really. But fair warning some of the achievements for season 2 are quite hard. And you can only do them on your second play through, if you want to do them with a different character you’ll have to play through the episode with that character, then again for the achievements, unless they’ve changed it, and I missed it in the patch notes.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

Thanks for the reply. ill buy it before the sale ends

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Season 2 and Season 3 aren’t directly tied together so I’m not sure why you’d wait.

Since you played through HoT, though, you already know the lead ups to Season 3. Season 2 is just a lead-up to HoT.

Story order goes: Personal Story/Dungeon story mode -> Season 1 -> Season 2 -> Heart of Thorns -> Season 3

There is a recap in LA – under “Scarlet’s War” in the story journal – which summarizes the points relevant to Season 2 and HoT.

The wiki has a fuller summary if you want to know the whole story of Season 1, since ArenaNet seems deadset on forever excluding a huge part of their story to new players.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

For the big discount on LWS2 hell yes you should get it. I got it but have yet to start it, too many other things to do.

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.