Simplifying the Sylvari *Potential Spoilers*

in Living World

Posted by: Benjamin Mahir.7986

Benjamin Mahir.7986

Either:
The Sylvari are to Mordremoth as the Dwarves are to Primordus
Or:
The Pale Tree is to Mordremoth as Glint was to Jormag

One of the other. Either the Pale Tree was drawn away from it’s master with just some words on a stone tablet (a weak argument after it was revealed in Arrah Explorable that Glint’s freedom took an elaborate ritual), or the Sylvari are like the Dwarves. And by like the Dwarves I mean similar to the enemy but resistant; the destroyers are stone and lava while the dwarves are (now) stone and ore. This would of course make the Nightmare Court cast in the same like as the Stone Summit.

So yeah… I just want to ping people’s opinion on these two route ANet could take.

I personally choose my personal story options on my Sylvari character to have him exposed to Malyck, so I’m very interested in seeing what the state of his Grove will be. It’s for his sake that I don’t want the Pale Tree to just be a single traitorous champion. I would much prefer it if the Seers or someone put things into motion to make sure Mordremoth would have a large amount of resistance when he woke up, and that Malyck’s difference disturbing presence was because his tree followed a practice similar to the Soundless. Of course Scarlet waking him up early probably puts a wrench in those plans, particularly if my guess of Malyck being one of his tree’s firstborn is right. So many guesses, so little confirmation.

So yeah. What do the rest of you think?

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Well I like it.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: aequitas.5694

aequitas.5694

Glint was kralkatorrik, not jormag. Also, Glint HAD been a champ before being cleansed. However, I approve of the general idea you present. I would be vehemently opposed to the entire sylvari race being dragon servants.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Dwarves vs Primordus
Sylvari vs Mordremoth

Mmmm I like it. Although that brings up the question who was the counter balance for Zhaitan and why didn’t we seen them?

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I think we are overlooking the X Race V X Dragon thing, remember:

The Durmond Priory makes a note of how there were 6 dragons and only 5 races, so that means that evidently, they were overwhelmed, there was no specific role.

The Sylvari are tied to Mordremoth, most likely like the Sidhe (An unused race in Gw who id love to see appear somehow) are to Druids.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sidhe

The most likely explanation of the Sylvari is that they are the descendants of the Druids, a race of now forgotten Humans in Gw mythology, considering they look physically like human, with plant like growths, and adapt their teachings from Ventari’s Tablet.

They also have the ability to summon a druid spirit as a racial, further strengthening the high probability the Sylvari are essentially “modeled” off the Human Race, but obviously have very obvious genetic differences.

Their relation to Mordremoth however was blatantly implied from day one, their “immunity” to the corruption of dragons could be no coincidence, not to mention Sylvari structures ability to terraform the land passively, isn’t so different from the way Dragon Corruption works.

The only question now is that with Mordremoths awakening, will the Sylvari remain dormant, or over time will the same thing that happened to Scarlet extend to other Sylvari, thus confirming they are little more than slaves to the Dragon’s will.

Then again, Glint defied her master, it isn’t impossible for other dragons or minions of dragons to do the same, evidenced by this.

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I think we are overlooking the X Race V X Dragon thing, remember:

The Durmond Priory makes a note of how there were 6 dragons and only 5 races, so that means that evidently, they were overwhelmed, there was no specific role.

The Sylvari are tied to Mordremoth, most likely like the Sidhe (An unused race in Gw who id love to see appear somehow) are to Druids.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sidhe

The most likely explanation of the Sylvari is that they are the descendants of the Druids, a race of now forgotten Humans in Gw mythology, considering they look physically like human, with plant like growths, and adapt their teachings from Ventari’s Tablet.

They also have the ability to summon a druid spirit as a racial, further strengthening the high probability the Sylvari are essentially “modeled” off the Human Race, but obviously have very obvious genetic differences.

Their relation to Mordremoth however was blatantly implied from day one, their “immunity” to the corruption of dragons could be no coincidence, not to mention Sylvari structures ability to terraform the land passively, isn’t so different from the way Dragon Corruption works.

The only question now is that with Mordremoths awakening, will the Sylvari remain dormant, or over time will the same thing that happened to Scarlet extend to other Sylvari, thus confirming they are little more than slaves to the Dragon’s will.

Then again, Glint defied her master, it isn’t impossible for other dragons or minions of dragons to do the same, evidenced by this.

It is also possible that the Sylvari have a connection to Ewan’s Tribe, who were punished by Melandru and forced to become her servants (see http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ewan). It’s possible that the Pale Tree’s mission was given to her by the Goddess of Nature, and she has yet to reveal that in the game. The Dream of Dreams may be Melandru under another name.

I, for one, don’t believe that the GW2 deities left. They just leave the other races alone because those mortals have the abilities to solve the problems in Tyria. Sylvari, on the other hand, are the babies in the GW family, so they get extra special attention.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Don’t simplfy Sylvari, kill them. Kill them all. Sylvari are dangerous. Look what they did to Lions Arch. Start with the pale tree and hunt down the rest.

Sylvari can’t be druid descendants. Sylvari came from seeds. They were created by the previously unknown god Monsanto. Which of course means that if a pale tree grows in your yard, you will be sued for patent infringement.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

in Living World

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Don’t simplfy Sylvari, kill them. Kill them all. Sylvari are dangerous. Look what they did to Lions Arch. Start with the pale tree and hunt down the rest.

Sylvari can’t be druid descendants. Sylvari came from seeds. They were created by the previously unknown god Monsanto. Which of course means that if a pale tree grows in your yard, you will be sued for patent infringement.

LOL, this had me in tears! Yes, and if you squeeze the too hard Canola oil comes out!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

LOL, this had me in tears! Yes, and if you squeeze the too hard Canola oil comes out!

If you think that’s funny, go to the similar thread DarcShreik started in the Sylvari forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/sylvari/Sylvari-are-evil-and-should-be-exterminated/first#post3745130

Now I’ve heard a rumor that if you squeeze a Sylvari just right, salad dressing comes out.

(edited by kta.6502)