Skin Achievements

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

I listened in on a conversation in our LA today regarding all of the skins we have earned from the various Living Stories, and how folks would love to be able to use them like the zenith skins available from the achievement window. Technically, they (Fervid Censer, Scerilite Shell, Shattered Wings, etc.) are achievement skins, so my question is, is it possible to implement this?

I have 8 characters (one per profession), yet I have a gazillion back piece skins. I would absolutely love to be able to switch our my frog and storm wizard backpacks on my engi at a whim. Not to mention my bank space could use the relief.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

That’s a really great idea. It would even help out people that deleted those items and want them back (theres a thread on one of them every day).

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Lysander Night.3150

Lysander Night.3150

Yes.. so much yes! give me this!
I love my shattered wings, I would be ecstatic if I could just pull an extra skin out and put it on a second back item so I can have a tanky set and a glassy set without one of them having an inferior skin on it. cause all back items are inferior to the shattered wings! Also being able to delete the skins sitting in my bank that I’m most likely never going to use but feel compelled to save just in case would be nice.

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Or people who transmuted them onto ascended back items and then used the recipe to infuse them which turns them back into the original skin.

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Yes. So much yes.

Make this happen.

This would be a huge boon for appearances.

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Fuzz.7354

Fuzz.7354

Agreed, this would be a great implementation.

Jumping to a conclusion (without any evidence to back it up), I wonder if they didn’t do it this way because of the transmutation crystals? My guess is that they’d want these skins to require you to use them and eventually run out and buy some more from the store. Assuming this is correct, perhaps putting them into your unlocked rewards window but requiring a fee of 1 crystal to pull them out would be a fair compromise.

What does anyone else think?

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Brigg.3961

I’d rather just have them available for free whenever I want. The skins were rewarded for achievements, just the way that the zenith skins are., and should also be just as hassle free to use. The skins that shouldn’t be free are the ones purchased from vendors or transmuted from one actual weapon look to another (not skins, actual items).

My main concern over this whole ordeal is that there are so many cool skins I have received from the LS and other achievements, but I am simply running out of characters and bank spaces to store them on. Plus, I’m willing to bet that there will be even more skins available in the future as well… I would love this to happen soon!

Edit: I just realized that by my logic, the Fervid Censer and Scerilite Shell were actually rewarded items and therefore not skins… I’d like to backpedal and add these to my wishlist of available skins as well

Edit Part 2: As a compromise (if one is needed)… I have two full stacks of Basic Transmutation Stones in my bank that I will never use due to their below-level-80 requirements… I would be more than willing to use those for withdrawal purposes for sure!

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80

(edited by Brigg.3961)

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The problem with this is if I can sell skins that I don’t want, then putting them as part of the achievement skins means I can never sell them.

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

I mentioned this to a guildie just last night that it would be nice to have. It seems sort of silly for them to implement the achievement skin repository for only achievement tier skins considering how few there are. What would be the logic against us not being able to use the other achievement skins more than once?

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

The problem with this is if I can sell skins that I don’t want, then putting them as part of the achievement skins means I can never sell them.

We are referring to the skins obtained through achievements which are not sell-able. e.g. the new Sunless Wings.

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Brigg.3961

We are referring to the skins obtained through achievements which are not sell-able. e.g. the new Sunless Wings.

Right, only account bound skins, not tradeable ones.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80

Skin Achievements

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Back pieces, and minis, are getting annoying now. I’d rather have the future living story rewards be full item sets or something.